Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day

+5
1DomesticGoddess
NormM
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

bethk

bethk
Admin

And just because no one ever seems to see this if I post it elsewhere......

Happy Birthday Cookingirl (Cyn) !!!!

Hope your day is filled with love and laughter (and wine.....)

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thanks Beth!!!

definitely wine!!! love from Artie, many b-day wishes on Facebook..and a lot of phone calls ~~beginning last night...

it was a long night!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Today is our first neighborhood 'Patio Party' of the season......and, of course, we have a misty rain for the last half hour or so.  With any luck the rain will end and it will just be a 'cool' evening (mid 70's)

I made a sheet pan full of sweet pepper poppers - cut those little tri-colored sweet peppers in half and seeded them.  The filling is a pound of Jimmy Dean Spicy Breakfast sausage, half a large sweet onion, chopped, a couple splashes of Worchestershire Sauce, 1 -1/2 pkg. of Philly Cream Cheese and a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese I saw hanging out in the refrigerator.  Just before we go I'll pop the pan into a 400° oven to melt the cheese and soften the peppers a bit.  I've never made these before so I hope I don't end up with a huge mess on my hands.

Yesterday I went to Fresh Market for a package of their $2.99/lb ground chuck - Dane and I have both been hungry for a pot of chili.  So, I made that today.  We just had a small taste-tester size bowl and it's cooling down so I can stash it in the garage refrigerator until I can make room for it in the freezer(s).  No supper tonight since we'll be eating all the 'finger foods' at the patio party.

OOooo! I love peppers stuffed like that! I always order jalepeno poppers when they serve them for appetizers.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper today, a ( Family GOP celebration meal ), will be beef stroganoff, over wide noodles.

I cubed a large London Broil, and Tina made the beef in the cast Iron skillet. Nice and slow for like 3 hours.
The son and DIL are coming over after work, and they will bring a salad, and Italian crusty bread. There will be a yellow cake ( Tina made ), with white butter cream Icing for dessert.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here's the pic of my sweet pepper poppers.... Must have been OK because I brought home an empty plate! (Love when that happens.)

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 4 IMG_20161109_155713305_HDR

As usual, there was an abundance of good food.  Someone brought a FABULOUS kale salad.  I kept asking who brought it and finally (after my THIRD helping) found the neighbor who made it.  I asked if she would share her recipe ~ she said she had it memorized:     "Sam's Club Bagged Salad"  The kale, shaved Brussels sprouts, broccoli slaw, dried cranberries and pumpkin seed kernels, along with the dressing, is in the Sam's Club refrigerated section.  So, I'll be playing around until I get it figured out.  LOL

Bugster2

Bugster2

That sounds like a very nice idea Jimmy. I hope he can start to turn this country around. I was watching him on Fox News last night after his speech (3AM) and was fascinated with the SS agent who was sticking to him like a fly on chit. I was watching his eyes and facial expressions. He made me twitch just watching him. His eyes were intense and never stopped moving. Scary kind of guy.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The peppers look great Beth!
I could make the first row disappear in 10 minutes. Easily!.....

We had the beef cubes over noodles. It was so so! Tender, but a floury taste to me!
Tina said something was missing. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? .... Got Me!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:That sounds like a very nice idea Jimmy. I hope he can start to turn this country around. I was watching him on Fox News last night after his speech (3AM) and was fascinated with the SS agent who was sticking to him like a fly on chit. I was watching his eyes and facial expressions. He made me twitch just watching him. His eyes were intense and never stopped moving. Scary kind of guy.

Yeah! We were watching it on Fox last night, and I saw the same guy with his eyes focused on every person taking pictures with their camera's, and I said to Tina, "See that guy in back of Trump?; he is a bodyguard!".... Plus, on the screen to the right, as they walked, there was another guard pre-checking people.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

hi I'm back since last week, but I was down with cold for a few days.. I did not really get busy in my kitchen yet, so many thing to tidy up, if you know what I mean lol!

I know I have a lot to catch up, I'll do it slowly.. I'll need some ideas what to cook soon, Dirk is still on his diet, so far he has got rid of 20 lbs... he say he feels much better, but still feels like carrying a bag of potatoes but it's much lighter bag, he is now on 169 to 170 lbs

I hope everybody is doing good here..

Happy Birthday to you Cookinggirl aka Cyn... wish you all the best  

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Thanks Beth!!!

definitely wine!!!  love from Artie, many b-day wishes on Facebook..and a lot of phone calls ~~beginning last night...

it was a long night!!

Happy Birthday Cindy...
God Bless, and Hope you had a great day!

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thank you for the B-day wishes! It was a rehab day after being up very late the night before. I was planning on going out to eat, but feel asleep!! I had to nap, and then I felt like cra@...

I did buy myself a boston cream pie.. it was really good.. pigged out on that and leftover pizza...

today it is either a salad or I will take myself out for some steak tips, fries, salad with creamy italian dressing...

Next week, one of the woman from the Humane Society and I may go out for a late celebration supper...

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:hi I'm back since last week, but I was down with cold for a few days.. I did not really get busy in my kitchen yet, so many thing to tidy up, if you know what I mean lol!

I know I have a lot to catch up, I'll do it slowly.. I'll need some ideas what to cook soon, Dirk is still on his diet, so far he has got rid of 20 lbs... he say he feels much better, but still feels like carrying a bag of potatoes but it's much lighter bag, he is now on 169 to 170 lbs

I hope everybody is doing good here..

Happy Birthday to you Cookinggirl aka Cyn... wish you all the best  

Welcome back, Imelda! I'm sure you had a wonderful time with your Mom and other relatives & friends.

Only idea I have is 'Supper Salads' ~ Dane loves them. I just try to have lots of protein like cold chicken, hard cooked eggs, maybe some canned beans, tuna, etc. and then I mix up different salad dressings so it's not always the same. Dane also likes when I make some farro (a protein packed grain) as it adds a sort of nutty taste.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Trying a new recipe for shrimp fettucine alfredo.

NormM

NormM

A co-worker at Charlie's place gave him some deer meat and I made a meatloaf with some of it. I updated a recipe from a 1949 cookbook for Venison meatloaf.

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 4 DSCN3830_zpsbhgg6ozw

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

That 'deerloaf' looks great, Norm. Since venison is so lean I'll bet the bacon did a good job of keeping it moist and flavorful. At least Charlie is past the age of mentioning "Bambi".....LOL

(Neither of my girls would taste venison when they were young.....Hahahahaha)

NormM

NormM

It was good but if I make it again, I think I'll add a little sausage for more fat. It was not dry but could have used a little more seasoning.

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had leftovers last night.....we're going out for reduced/free meal for Veterans' Day tonight.

And tomorrow we'll have leftovers again.....

Bugster2

Bugster2

Chinese chicken lettuce wraps for us tonight.

NormM

NormM

I got a pizza from Old Chicago for dinner tonight. Charlie did a lot of landscaping to get rain water away from the foundation where we have started getting it in the basement.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Take out Chinese tonight. Pork Fried Rice, and Shrimp egg rolls. Lots left over for lunch tomorrow!.....
Dessert.... = Dunkin Doughnuts Boston Cream with chocolate glaze icing....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a Zero (0) for supper tonight..
Nothing cooked and chicken tenders from kfc which I wont eat. Popcorn is the hicken I'll eat, not tenders... grrrrrrrr!!!!

I found some scraps of bread, and threw some bottom of the container, wet, gurgly tuna salad. on the bread, and nibbled that down.

Not full..... just waiting for a Boston Cream doughnut to come up to room temperature.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I reheated the leftover pot roast.....cooked it down with a bit of extra stock so the beef was shredding tender.  Had the hot roast beef & gravy over white bread with some fresh horseradish (fresh jar, not freshly grated....).  I had some green beans along side so it was, all in all, a pretty tasty meal.  Of course, my phone was sitting on the counter UNcharged.  No pic.

But, hey, a pic of a big old hot roast beef sandwich with a pile of green beans would just make Jimmy jealous!  LOL

This morning, after my phone had fully charged, my pic from last night's supper finally downloaded (automatically) to my Photobucket account.....Jimmy ~ you would have loved this one!

November, 2016 - Dinner / Supper for the day - Page 4 IMG_20161112_171247366

Last edited by bethk on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am taking some antibiotics that have turned my gut into a raging holocaust. Too queasy to eat anything. Nausea pills bring my gut to a standstill so I have to deal with constipation too. I will be glad when this is over. I have to take the liquid form of the medicine because I can't take the horse pills. The brand name liquid was $1500. Can you believe it? Had the pills compounded at a pharmacy to make them barely palatable for $100. The chit is so bitter and my gut and gaggers protest mightily. Last night I made Joe and Katie go out to eat. I didn't want to smell any food.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Poor Bugster.....not being able to enjoy a meal is a huge fear of mine.

Hope you feel better soon.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thanks. So do I.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum