Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed

+5
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 19]

176June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Have you heard the joke about all the retired people in Florida eating their supper by 4:30 p.m.?

Ha it was like that when I lived in Hendersonville NC. Town was and still is 90% retired.It is also very cheap to eat then too.
I had to laugh all the time at the headless drivers.it looked like the car was driving itself.such short person driving . I don't know how they looked over the hood.

177June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Joe and Katie are going to the Playboy Bunny reunion dinner tonight so that means no cooking. I will probably have a sandwich.

Our 33 year anniversary is coming up this week. I saw an ad in the Target flier this morning for AARP Consumer Cellular IPhone 5s for $160 with no contract so I bought two of them for us. I will be glad to get rid of our Jitterbug phones. They served a purpose but we want something a bit more sophisticated now. We don't need the IPhone 6 or that huge 6s. They are too damned expensive so the 5s will be just fine. Neither one of us is a phone addict.

178June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 13419193_10157126262945691_3112805422961519853_n

enough for lunch tomorrow..such a easy meal to make.

179June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:27 pm

Niagara Visitor

Was that all grilled????? I miss my firepit grilling meals!

180June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes . It really grilled fast . The foil keeps it all together . Steamed 15 minutes . I did the shrimp first . I did not want old bay on the corn or sausage or fingerlings .

181June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Joe and Katie are going to the Playboy Bunny reunion dinner tonight so that means no cooking. I will probably have a sandwich.

Our 33 year anniversary is coming up this week. I saw an ad in the Target flier this morning for AARP Consumer Cellular IPhone 5s for $160 with no contract so I bought two of them for us. I will be glad to get rid of our Jitterbug phones. They served a purpose but we want something a bit more sophisticated now. We don't need the IPhone 6 or that huge 6s. They are too damned expensive so the 5s will be just fine. Neither one of us is a phone addict.

Well.... Happy Anniversary Deb and Joe! WOW.... 33 huh? ... Yer catching up to Me and Tina!!
Have a great celebration... June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 940422454

182June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We have a $50 off coupon from Tommy Bahama that the three of us are going to use for dinner. Then the next day we are going to visit Olvera Street. None of us has been there in 20 years. Then we are driving to Pasadena to Pie n' Burger to get some burgers and pie. After that we are going to drop by Fosselman's ice cream in Alhambra for some homemade ice cream. Their shop has been there since the 30's. Good ice cream. We are going to be so bloated we will have to go home.

183June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:Yes . It really grilled fast . The foil keeps it all together . Steamed 15 minutes . I did the shrimp first . I did not want old bay on the corn or sausage or fingerlings .

Ohhh, now I'm disappointed.  Please don't mention grilling and foil in the same sentence    I hate foil.   I love veggies and shrimp down squewers,  no foil in sight.  Putting anything in foil you are steaming it.  And really putting anything into aluminum isn't good for any of us, right??

184June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes it was steamed . That is what I wanted .

185June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:39 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I skewer my shrimp too. I like the char marks and slight smoky flavor. I baste the shrimp in garlic butter.

186June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:10 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:I skewer my shrimp too. I like the char marks and slight smoky flavor. I baste the shrimp in garlic butter.

I do sometimes but that is not the meal I was making..I made a steamed low country boil .Not boiled..

Rolling Eyes

187June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:18 am

Niagara Visitor

Barbara101 wrote:Yes it was steamed . That is what I wanted .

Sorry, I surely have no right to question or criticise yours or anyone else's cooking.

188June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:23 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:Have you heard the joke about all the retired people in Florida eating their supper by 4:30 p.m.?

Ha it was like that when I lived in Hendersonville NC. Town was and still is 90% retired.It is also very cheap to eat then too.
I had to laugh all the time at the headless drivers.it looked like the car was driving itself.such short person driving . I don't know how they looked over the hood.

That is how it is out here since I live next door to Laguna Woods, a retirement community that is so big that it is its' own city. All around the area they have these traffic signs all lit up in day-glow red so the seniors will see them. I hate driving around the area because it seems these people have their own rules when it comes to driving. Turning right or left from straight traffic lanes, going 5mph in a 50 zone. What is really bad is that when they are trying to turn left and the light changes from green to yellow to red, they just stay in the middle of the intersection waiting for the light to change again. The traffic jam and horn honking they cause. Another problem that happens quite frequently is that they confuse the gas pedal for the brake pedal or drive vs reverse and drive right through the front of a store. One 7-11 got hit twice in one week. Now I have noticed that many places have those iron poles put into the cement in front to stop these drivers. It is no fun having someone drive through your home or business, I know because I had it happen to me once: a drunk driver drove straight into my kitchen.

I had some leftover breaded fried chicken tenders that I peeled the coating off and we are having cashew chicken salad sandwiches on a croissant for dinner.

189June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Burger, corn, limas & cucumber/onion salad

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 IMG_20160613_171348565_HDR

190June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Niagara Visitor

My condo complex has 157 units.  There are quite a few people here using walkers, and I wonder about how fast they can move a foot from gas to brake too.

191June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:59 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Got up at 3am with a migraine, UTI, Yeast infection. So I put on a pot of spaghetti sauce. Took some Motrin for the headache and it dulled it a bit. That stuff is corrosive. I made sure I took a swig of Maalox to coat the tum. I guess we will have garlic bread with the 'sketti.

Question: I have a new IPhone. I know I need a protective case but do I need a screen protector?

192June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:45 pm

NormM

NormM

I went to Target today and they had some Salmon Florentine already made up and ready to cook. The day before I had picked up something called Indigo potatoes and cooked them.  They are blue all the way through but still taste like regular potatoes.  I boiled them for a few minutes, then cooked them in butter with onions then tossed them with some mustard, vinegar, parmesan cheese and sour cream. The stuffed mushrooms were ready made too.

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 DSCN3576_zpsiydiwyov

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

193June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Burger, corn, limas & cucumber/onion salad

June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 IMG_20160613_171348565_HDR

Looks great Beth!
BTW... got my order delivered from Tony Packos .... Love the whole pickled Hungarian hot peppers. So crisp. Have to try the hot ketchup yet!

194June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today, Tina made some great super Stuffed peppers.
She used pork and veal with the rice and bread crumbs. I had a whole red one and a whole yellow one. No bread either! .... That's a change!!
DD dropped off awesome brownies this morning on her way to work.

195June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:54 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

We left early yesterday a.m. to go to Dane's sister's house.....she needed a bit of assistance so we went and spent the day with her. I think we'll go back again if the cool front comes through and go to the beach for the day.

Norm, your meal looks tasty. I've made those blue potatoes before and I know they taste just like the regular ones but I found it a bit strange that they tasted right but looked 'wrong'~like maybe they should have a blueberry taste or something. LOL I did think they would make a great Fourth of July side dish with the potatoes, radish 'coins' and grape tomatoes with a thin vinegarette to showcase the colors.

196June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:57 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Looks great Beth!
BTW... got my order delivered from Tony Packos .... Love the whole pickled Hungarian hot peppers. So crisp. Have to try the hot ketchup yet!

The Wickles Pickles are easier to find down here....and a whole lot cheaper, too. Found them on special at Fresh Market (usually the more expensive) on sale for $2.89/jar....usually $4.39. I bought 3 jars! LOL I had the ketchup when we were still in Ohio....I wasn't overly impressed with it.

197June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:06 am

NormM

NormM

That is an interesting and patriotic thing to do with blue potatoes, Beth.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

198June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:01 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have seen red white and blue potato salad recipes. Here is one. I haven't tried it but the picture is pretty.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/red-white-blue-potato-salad

199June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:I was told of a fresh fish market close by and stopped today. It is a stand-alone store, looks much like the owner built a pole barn and turned it into his seafood shop. I was happy it was clean and did not smell like fish. He had some of the largest 'local' shrimps I've seen anywhere - 6-8/lb. for $24/lb.....too expensive for an everyday meal but not horrible for a special meal sometime. That, and he had REAL fresh (not frozen) Atlantic GROUPER. It was delicious.

I just don't understand why seafood is so expensive where you are, Beth. Those shrimp would have been $7.99/lb. TOPS here. The local Rouse's grocery (a nice grocery, BTW) has 10-16 to a pound shrimp for $4.99-$5.99/lb. regularly, often $3.99 on special. Of course, that's with shell and heads on, which is what locals want. They taste so much better when cooked with the shell on, and if you need them peeled prior to cooking, the peels and the heads make a super shrimp stock for your meal or your freezer.

We don't see grouper all over but it's available if you want it. We have tons of fresh local fish though and it's always reasonably priced and fresher than fresh. Brian and I can drive less than 10 miles to an area of seafood and fresh farm stands where the fish or shrimp was caught the same day. They also usually sell one or two specialties of their own, like crab and corn soup at one stand, which is to die for good. Reasonably priced and in fact, so reasonable that it makes more sense to buy it from them than make it! And the stand market is open every day, too, though not all the stands sell stuff 7 days a week. But you can always get what you need from another vendor who's there with what you're wanting.

I guess that's why so many seafood places package and ship so much seafood out for visitors.... Glad you found a close nice seafood market, though -- at least you'll be able to get more fresh stuff without traveling so far.

200June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed - Page 8 Empty Re: June, 2016 * * Dinners We Fixed Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda wrote:It's my pleasure to cook for them, as you know I like cooking, and I'm so happy when I see them like my cooking, esp when they had second serving of it and were happy to keep the leftover for the next day Very Happy

I smiled reading this, Imelda, as those of us who love to cook love seeing others enjoy our meals. Good luck with the stuffed cabbage rolls. That's something we usually don't eat. Both of us would eat some but we just never crave them or even think of making them. I'm curious to see how yours turn out, though, as I don't think I've ever seen a pic of something you made that I didn't want some!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum