Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Barbara101

Barbara101

March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. Sp%20waffles

Sweet potato waffles... cheers March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 3267860543

bethk

bethk
Admin

Aw, man....I want THAT!

I had an egg & sausage on an English Muffin.....ate half and couldn't get any more down. This 'cold' or 'upper respiratory' thing has affected (or INFECTED) every part of my life.

And I'm SICK of it.....pun intended! LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

Been there... March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 3561122519

I took the hard way to make them,lol..Shredded raw sweet potato.Next time I will cook it then mash..

March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 2453703928

bethk

bethk
Admin

If I had grated them, I would have added some grated onion and then made sweet potato latkes.

OMG ~ one of my favorites! a little sour cream, some chopped chives.....and a fork!

Barbara101

Barbara101

March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 002%20%20123

bethk

bethk
Admin

Now THAT looks good! What is it about asparagus that makes you think, "SPRING !" ??

I had my usual yogurt w/granola and raspberries.....seems to keep me going until almost supper. I uually end up having an apple for lunch, maybe leftovers if there's something interesting in the refrigerator.

Barbara101

Barbara101

$1.99..lb... cheers March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 3267860543

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm making a recipe out the the March issue of Cooking Light magazine. Dane kept telling me he wouldn't eat pasta because it's too much carbs, etc. They featured a bunch of recipes this month that are all pasta based.

Oh, and after he read the recipes he realized they topped out at under 400 calories. So, since they are in 'Cooking Light' they must be OK......yeah, don't take MY word for it. What he doesn't know is that I've used a lot of the recipes out of that magazine.

He did concede on the whole grain pasta ~ after having it the last time he didn't like the taste/texture either. I showed him there is only a difference of 10 calories per serving between the whole grain and regular.

It amazes me that he's finally able to 'read labels', something I've been doing for years.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well all I can say again is I am thrilled I can cook whAt I want lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, I shouldn't be nasty to him......but when I asked what he weighed now ((WHY did I have to ask???)) he told me his weight and he's down to 2 pounds less than MY GOAL WEIGHT !!!

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.

Admitedly, I don't stick to as serious guidelines as he does. He IS going to work out for an hour every morning since he got signed up for his new health care and it includes a gym membership.....but, geeze louise, men certainly can drop weight much faster (and seeminly easier) than women. I have so many other contributing factors that I don't want to address ~ #1 is my lack of sleep. I should ask about going through a sleep study because I probably have apnea. Most nights I'm awake every 45 min. to 1 hour and then I drop back to sleep. But I know I'm awake. And that's not helping with my weight problems. I know you have to sleep to metabolize what you eat.

Barbara101

Barbara101

You know Beth. I used to be anal and always thinking about my weight.Watching every morsel and drink, I was so on edge about it..Then..

I just decided the hell with it.It was eating me alive..

I was not eating what I wanted and sad about it.So I stopped obsessing.

I like who I am and do not worry about it anymore.Big relief..

I do have to watch out for sugar and carbs but I still eat what I want..Sortof lol..

I think stress and worry will do you in..JMO.

bethk

bethk
Admin

It just pisses me off that, as Dane has mentioned, I eat less than he does, do as much daily movement as he does (even considering his gym time) and I still don't drop a pound.

The weather has warmed up and I should be starting back on my 3 X per week water aerobics. That has GOT to help.

I'm not obsessing over it, I do eat what I want....well, except for the Dunkin Donuts and any desserts.....but I eat a decent, balanced diet.

I should be able to drop the weight I want with what I'm doing.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:It amazes me that he's finally able to 'read labels', something I've been doing for years.

This cracked me up!

And I know what you mean about men losing weight a lot easier (and faster) than women do. It's pretty defeating if you're dieting at the same time as a man in your life.

Though we don't use it very often, both Brian and I got used to the whole wheat pasta. I think it was the brand I finally found online and then in the grocery (when I was still doing the grocery shopping). You're right, of course, about the calorie difference being slight, but I do find it more filling than the "good stuff." We both love pasta and I've finally trained Brian to check the labels and to always buy the pasta made with semolina; it just tastes sooo much better.

Crybaby

Crybaby

You really do eat a balanced diet, Beth. I often feel kind of guilty when I see photos of your dinner plates and promise myself to make and eat more vegetable side dishes. Sadly, though, I'd end up eating them by myself as Brian is still pretty picky about veggies, though he has indeed "grown up" recently and will eat, say fried rice, that has peas. I also make a spicy bean salsa (it's more like a bean salad to me) and he actually eats the corn that's in it...

bethk

bethk
Admin

Had lunch at a chain restaurant, "Chicken Salad Chick" ~ guess what the main menu item is? The ladies like it a lot. It's an interesting concept for a franchise.

Now I'm stuffed so the Mr. will probably make himself a Greek Salad for his supper. Suits me perfectly!

Barbara101

Barbara101

March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 12801488_10208971818431018_2064175479298601696_n

Chicken and waffles lol..First time I had them Chris took me to a restaurant by him when he lived in Long Beach, called Marys Chicken and Waffles or something like that ? Huge line and we had to wait 30 minites to get in the place.Looked like a dump if you ask me.lol.My first time to have them and it was not the last..

Beth they have those chicken places here too.4 of them now..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, I was more interested in the business side of the place. I mean, how neat to come up with such a simple concept as chicken salad with about 10 different additions to change the taste and turn it into a restaurant franchise? The owner was saying the chicken salad is shipped in from the company daily and each restaurant is responsible for making the sides. They only offer one kind of cookie dessert per day so that cuts down on waste, I'm sure.

They have a very limited menu but it seems to be working ~ the place is always busy.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I might give it a try next week . Busy week for me lol

Getting direct tv . Going to buy anew tv for the bedroom. Carpets being cleaned ! New furniture being delivered . Going to lowes and price out patio and deck and screened porch . Maggie to vet .. That is a lot for me and my bad back !!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Lol forgot my new stuff from Amazon !!! And my tea order .

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Made French toast for Tina this morning.
She is still weak, but a little stronger than yesterday.

I had two eggs over medium with rye toast. It hit the spot!

Have to do another load of wash, and fold the load in the dryer. I hate when the laundry piles up.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Mr Housewife.. March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 3561122519

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Mr Housewife.. March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 3561122519
March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 2876911673 March , in like a lamb..Breakfast and lunch meals. 2876911673

And now, I turn to you for help. I saw your pic of a apple,
And I need to make a baked apple with sugar and cinnimon for Tina.

Never made one, and she is wishing for one. I want to surprise her for supper.
Can you give me any hints?? please! .. not the one with the pastry, but just the apple alone.... much appreciated if you get a chance.

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh gosh easy.core it.make a hole in center,fill with brown sugar and drop of butter ,cinnamon or apple pie spice.bake in toaster oven 20/30 or so..done when soft. you can put the whole thing in a custard type dish..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:oh gosh easy.core it.make a hole in center,fill with brown sugar and drop of butter ,cinnamon or apple pie spice.bake in toaster oven 20/30 or so..done when soft. you can put the whole thing in a custard type dish..

Thanks Barb. Good thing you said Brown Sugar...hahahahaha I was gonna use regular white granulated sugar.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made us egg beaters scrambled eggs, biscuits, ( blue tube) , and home fried potatoes smashed and crisp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum