Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals

+5
cookingirl
bethk
Bugster2
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 23]

401FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Mmmm, sounds good to me, Jimmy.

402FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:
salmon with caper compound butter.

caper compound butter ~ how do you think those things through ahead of time? I seem to just wing it at the last minute.....

Looks great!

403FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:
salmon with caper compound butter.

caper compound butter ~ how do you think those things through ahead of time?  I seem to just wing it at the last minute.....

Looks great!

I have way to much time on my hands FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 1838020472

I made a bunch awhile ago and have them rolled and wrapped in the freezer.
If you want recipe,I will post it..

404FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Compound2

405FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I made Italian Stuffed Artichokes on Sunday and boy, did they come out good. We split one on Sunday but Brian had leftover stewed chicken tonight and I had a whole stuffed artichoke for dinner.

I got a new steamer recently and all four of the stuffed artichokes I made fit in that puppy with room for another one, too. I crumpled up some aluminum foil so they would all be snug against one another while steaming, as it helps keep any of the outer leaves from falling off. When heating one to eat, I put some water in a baking pan and add some more fresh Romano on the top, cover the pan with foil and heat at 325 or so for about 20 to 30 minutes. I think this was my best batch ever...

406FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

1 tbsp drained capers
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp of lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 anchovy filets, minced
1 small garlic clove, grated on a citrus zester
black pepper

mash into a stick of soft butter..

407FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Niagara Visitor

Sounds really nice, Lore.  What color granite did you decide on?  I'll bet the wood flooring looks good, too.  Did it take you very long to decide on what you wanted?  I usually take an inordinate amount of time to make up my mind about large purchases...

Niagara Visitor wrote:I expect that this will be 'home' until I either am carried out of here horizontally, or my children have me committed because I've lost my marbles! LOL I hope it is the first.

I hope so, too![/quote]

The decision on granite was very unexpected, and very quick. I thought that I was happy with the laminate that I have now, but my son took me to the place where he and DIL picked their granite, and I fell in love with a slab. It is black with white veining. My floor is a grey/beige mix, there are ceramic tiles in the kitchen, hallway and both bathrooms, and I am not replacing those. I have a black sofabed, a red leather chair, and a chair in a zebra fabric. Black IKEA glass fronted tall cabinets, shiny black laquer dining chairs and an area rug that has red, grey, and white in a sort of abstract Mondrian look.

The paint for the walls took me longer to find than to decide on getting married, it is a soft grey, and the kitchen cabinets will become a darker grey. I have a lot of copper and red accent pieces, so I needed to tone things down a bit with the paint colours! I like strong colours.

Oh, since this is a cooking chat line, I stopped at my favourite grocery store, bought some salads, went to my son's house, he grilled some sausages. Yumm!

408FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Sounds great Lore . BTW you can talk about non food/cooking .

409FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:17 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:

Mmmm, sounds good to me, Jimmy.  

Oh! It was good, but way too much cheese I think.
I maybe put too much cheese, but all I know, is I was Blocked.
Tina said,"Dear Lord hon, You sounded like you were having a Baby in the bathroom this morning!" .... ( It was a horrible. ) pale

410FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We ate from the freezer tonight. Tina opened the drawer, and we picked breaded shrimp, and potato balls, and broccoli .....

No pics... ate like a hungry hungry hippo.

DD was over, and dropped off some of these. ...
FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 DY94Qr

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Ixra56

I'll bet Beth will guess what they are, right away!... They are salted, and peppered, and baked in the oven to dry crispy and crunchy. ( Kale )

She brought Cheea Seed Pudding over too! N O P E ! .... I won't eat that!

411FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:23 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am yawning here waiting for the Nevada Caucus to start.
I better have a coffee, but nothing to go with it. Barbara's Giant Chocolate chip cookie has me thinking of CC cookies. NOT! ..... We usually have chips ahoy around, but none that I could find.
Hey Barb..... Got any of that cookie left over???... Oh Well! I could go back and look at it and drool, whilst I chew on my tongue pretending its a cookie! ...

412FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:30 am

Niagara Visitor

[quote="Crybaby"]I made Italian Stuffed Artichokes on Sunday and boy, did they come out good.  We split one on Sunday but Brian had leftover stewed chicken tonight and I had a whole stuffed artichoke for dinner.  

I got a new steamer recently and all four of the stuffed artichokes I made fit in that puppy with room for another one, too.  I crumpled up some aluminum foil so they would all be snug against one another while steaming, as it helps keep any of the outer leaves from falling off.  When heating one to eat, I put some water in a baking pan and add some more fresh Romano on the top, cover the pan with foil and heat at 325 or so for about 20 to 30 minutes.  I think this was my best batch ever...  [/quote

How can you stuff an artichoke? From what I have known, you only eat the heart of the artichoke...............

413FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:1 tbsp drained capers
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp of lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 anchovy filets, minced
1 small garlic clove, grated on a citrus zester
black pepper

mash into a stick of soft butter..

I've only used the anchovy filets in cooking, where they break down completely.....don't they taste 'fishy' when just minced? Oh, wait, I have some of that tube anchovy paste in the refrigerator I could use. Love that stuff as it lasts forever (just lik the tomato paste).

I've got a new pot of parsley planted. When it gets going I think I'm gonna get some of this made to stash in the freezer. Then all I have to do is have my brain function enough to remember to use it.

414FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:11 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

I'll bet Beth will guess what they are, right away!... They are salted, and peppered, and baked in the oven to dry crispy and crunchy. ( Kale )

Big SURPRISE ~~ Beth won't eat those either! I love kale in salad, cooked in soup, braised and in stirfry....but those kale chips taste like green carbon paper to me. I'll keep eating my Lay's REAL chips, thank you very much! LOL

415FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:15 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagara Visitor wrote:

The paint for the walls took me longer to find than to decide on getting married, it is a soft grey,

Oh, since this is a cooking chat line, I stopped at my favourite grocery store, bought some salads, went to my son's house, he grilled some sausages.  Yumm!

Dieter is laughing at that comment right now! But I'm glad you were finally able to decide on a lovely color....

And, yes, as Barb said ~ you can talk about anything you want to here on 'Cooking Friends'!

416FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

No cookieJimmy . If I left that it house , I would eat the whole thing .

417FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth I did use the tube paste . Can not deal with that fish in a can . Yuk

418FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:23 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth Inought some herbs at lowes and the oregano is almost dead !!!! Not good light in my house . Think I will get a grow light or ome of those led kits to grow herbs etc in house . I also will be safe from skeeter's lol

419FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:25 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have loads of butter in the freezer . Herb and fruit .

420FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:10 am

NormM

NormM

I used to have an Atlas but got an attachment for the Kitchceaid and it does make it easier but it is still leaves a mess to clean up.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

421FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:14 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

NormM wrote:I used to have an Atlas but got an attachment  for the Kitchceaid and it does make it easier but it is still leaves a mess to clean up.

I don't bother making my own anymore.There are lots of great pastas out there to buy. JMO..

Some things I will make rather then buy but pasta not one of them lol......

422FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:23 am

Niagara Visitor

bethk wrote:
Niagara Visitor wrote:

The paint for the walls took me longer to find than to decide on getting married, it is a soft grey,

Oh, since this is a cooking chat line, I stopped at my favourite grocery store, bought some salads, went to my son's house, he grilled some sausages.  Yumm!

Dieter is laughing at that comment right now!  But I'm glad you were finally able to decide on a lovely color....

And, yes, as Barb said ~ you can talk about anything you want to here on 'Cooking Friends'!

Thanks.  Yes, we decided on a Monday to get married, did it 5 days later, and that lasted 51 1/2 years! I don't get to see son Michael as often as Danny.  He and DIL live about 40 miles away, and work longer hours than Danny and his wife, they are only about 5 m away, so having a couple of hours of alone time with him was lovely. We both basically like the same foods, except he doesn't like one particular thing, one of my favs....... mushrooms. This is a kid (50 this September!) who ate everything, the strangest veggies etc. from the time he was born. I never heard him say "I don't like this". He was always telling the other two to try something new, "Just for fun!" His wife is basically the same, and they are also into cooking.

423FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:18 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:I used to have an Atlas but got an attachment  for the Kitchceaid and it does make it easier but it is still leaves a mess to clean up.

Ah, THERE'S the difference. I just use my silpat dough rolling mat and a rolling pin ~ nothing much to clean up.

Well, except for my hands. When I first start to knead the dough it's pretty sticky and it gets stuck on my hands a lot. It was easier when I had a cat....he just licked that stuff off for me. ((just KIDDING! Hahahaha))

424FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:21 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

I don't bother making my own anymore.There are lots of great pastas out there to buy. JMO..

Some things I will make rather then buy but pasta not one of them lol......

Would you believe, We still have the Popeil / Ronco pasta maker!
Talk about a mess!!!!! hohohohoho.... but it does work.
Tina won't let me throw it away! Nobody wants it! I can't even GIVE it away!
It's electric motor operated too! hahahahahah
I told Tina,"maybe we can use it to make some kind of weird cookies.
hahahaha... "Here, have a rigatoni cookie!" hahahahaha... OMG that would be so funny!

425FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 17 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Big SURPRISE ~~  Beth won't eat those either!  I love kale in salad, cooked in soup, braised and in stirfry....but those kale chips taste like green carbon paper to me.  I'll keep eating my Lay's REAL chips, thank you very much!  LOL

When I first started chewing them, it tasted like I was chewing on fresh dollar bills! hahahahaha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum