Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals

+5
cookingirl
bethk
Bugster2
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 23]

176FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina bought a kryovac sealed clams ( little neck ) frozen in a 16 pack.

I could not believe it, and they were all so good, and everyone of them opened wide.

177FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've never purchased the frozen clams or mussels.....

Of course, growing up in Ohio we never thought of eating clams & mussels.

178FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Haven't you posted that cake recipe several times already ? I know I have it from long time ago . I have made it too . So good . I have one family recipe (sad) my grands chess pie . Buttermilk pie .

Yes, I'm sure I've shared it more than once.

It's just that I never put it in the section it belonged ~ so, Of Course, I could not find it when I wanted to.

Love that you found that salt cellar ~ and, yes, I think she DID buy it at that place. No...it was World Market.

179FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Crybaby wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I have to do battle with a hospital billing dept. today. I need another CAT scan. They say my deductible is $1900 which is correct but they say I need to pay it all and then my insurance starts paying. No. I don't think so. My insurance company has a contracted fee with the hospital. Out of that amount I only have to pay 20% which goes toward my deductible.

What does your insurance company say?

They say I pay 20% of the contracted amount. I called back the girl who told me it would $1100 and she changed her story a bit. She said I don't have to pay $1100 if my insurance company pays. I will only owe 20%. She didn't tell me this yesterday but claims she did. Maybe she is right. I dunno.

180FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 12644761_10201165162129090_6892025746591069725_n

leftovers..

181FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pan roasted & baked chicken breast, boiled potato w/pan sauce & buttered peas

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 IMG_20160211_183806343

182FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Eggplant Meatballs, and Gnocci ....

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 W1oVN8

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 3KkrNK

183FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:49 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had bobcat for dinner. Actually, while we were eating, one casually strolled through our backyard. We are going to have to do a perimeter check of the yard before we let the cats out for some fresh air from now on. We never leave them unattended. They like to chase the lizards and roll on the cement and stalk the birds.

184FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:48 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:[size=16]Eggplant Meatballs, and Gnocci ....

Looks fantastic! Great to see your pics again....been a long time.

185FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:15 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

So I got myself together and made a pineapple upside cake from scratch so out would be good, for my grilled guy .... I set it out to cool and went in to cover it.... MsKat helped to her self to cake!!!! Sitting there just washing her face !!!

186FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wow sorry for the type o lol on my phone lol

187FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:54 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:

Looks fantastic!  Great to see your pics again....been a long time.

Beth... thank you!
It's the pain of watching Tina in pain, and when she doesn't feel well and she's down, there is no desire to cook or even take pictures.

Now that she is feeling / coping with her condition, it is a lot more manageable to feel like doing things.

188FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:59 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:So I got myself together and made a pineapple upside cake from scratch so out would be good, for my grilled guy .... I set it out to cool and went in to cover it.... MsKat helped to her self to cake!!!! Sitting there just washing her face !!!  

duct tape will fix that.....

just sayin'

(did I tell you last time I made a pineapple upside down cake I used crushed pineapple? So much easier to cut & serve and all the cake got pineapple. I even put on some of those cherries just to keep it 'traditional'.

189FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nice dinners.On my LT so I can see them. On my cell not so much..

190FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:

Beth... thank you!
It's the pain of watching Tina in pain, and when she doesn't feel well and she's down, there is no desire to cook or even take pictures.

Now that she is feeling / coping with her condition, it is a lot more manageable to feel like doing things.

So, what are the doctors going to do for her?

191FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Eggplant Meatballs, and Gnocci ....

Beth... thank you!

[size=16]The last contrast CT  was negative, and showing No colon / rectal flow to the vagina area! .... What the CT shows, is evidence of "surgical clips" in the abdominal mid section.
I did research, and found that with some operations like with hysterectomy etc. the surgeon could leave tye-off clips of certain ducts or vessels.

Tuesday, she goes to the surgeon for consultation. ????

192FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am no doctor but I would think removing some clips might be easier than having a fistula to repair.

193FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I am no doctor but I would think removing some clips might be easier than having a fistula to repair.
So correct Dr. Bugster

As it was stated... they found no colon/rectal to vagina fistula.
One Dr. had mentioned, it my be small, and may be healing( possibly).
We are praying it will be an easy fix.... One thing that Tina is so thankful for, is the fact she does not need a temporary colostomy bag.

She's like all women, tough, and is able to endure anything basically. She just wants her problem fixed.

194FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It may be possible to remove those clips with a few small incisions and a scope. A heck of a lot easier than regular surgery.

195FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jimmy, your eggplant meatballs and gnocci looked divine!  Is that the cake Tina made in the background of your first photo, the one with the whole pan of meatballs?  Everything looked really yummy...

196FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:Jimmy, your eggplant meatballs and gnocci looked divine!  Is that the cake Tina made in the background of your first photo, the one with the whole pan of meatballs?  Everything looked really yummy...

Thank you, and yes. That's the cake she made.
As a matter of fact, I am going to have a slice after dinner, because my bg# number was only 132 today after 2 hours after breakfast of eggs and toast and orange juice, and a chunk of Harry & David dark chocolate cranberry and walnut candy.lol!

197FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

My Bg would be over the roof with that food !!! Just the juice would do it. Lol no toast no candy for me .

198FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:34 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:

Beth... thank you!

The last contrast CT  was negative, and showing No colon / rectal flow to the vagina area! .... What the CT shows, is evidence of "surgical clips" in the abdominal mid section.
I did research, and found that with some operations like with hysterectomy etc. the surgeon could leave tye-off clips of certain ducts or vessels.

Jimmy, I did not get a chance to respond earlier. Surgical clips are really just stitches which show up on some x-rays, scan, etc..no big deal...

Tina had surgery on her abdomen before. Her kidney was removed--they had to tie off the blood vessels; hence surgical clips...
same thing...no big deal..

These are not an issue..never were and never will be...all normal appearing things after surgery of any kind...

199FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:

Beth... thank you!

The last contrast CT  was negative, and showing No colon / rectal flow to the vagina area! .... What the CT shows, is evidence of "surgical clips" in the abdominal mid section.

Jimmy, I did not get a chance to respond earlier. Surgical clips are really just stitches which show up on some x-rays, scan, etc..no big deal...

Tina had surgery on her abdomen before. Her kidney was removed--they had to tie off the blood vessels; hence surgical clips...
same thing...no big deal..

These are not an issue..never were and never will be...all normal appearing things after surgery of any kind...

Thanks cookingirl... That is a relief and good to know.
I will tell her as soon as she awakes from her nap! She is all wrapped in blankets, and for some reason, she cannot get warm.

200FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:26 pm

NormM

NormM

Around mid February for the past 5 or 6 years I have made a Chocolate Raspberry Torte but it is really rich and I thought I'd try something different so this year i made a Chocolate Cloud Cake. Both are flourless cakes.

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  - Page 8 DSCN3285_zps6fxjcxio

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum