Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

76JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 pm

NormM

NormM

I put pineapple brats in the smoker for a couple hours with birch wood for the smoke, then grilled veggie kabobs and we had it with asiago bread and dipping oil.Kabobs were red and green peppers, zuchinni, onions and mushrooms brushed with olive oil and dusted with Takonka dust.

http://owensbbq.com/products.html

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

77JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What is takonka dust?

Did you make the brats or buy store variety and add your smoke?

78JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:15 pm

NormM

NormM

Tatonka dust is a seasoning sold by the link in my post above. The brats were store bought raw and smoked in my smoker.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

79JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I couldn't enjoy a roast chicken when it's hot out. Now if it ha been finished on the as grill....well, then I'd be ok with it. I love to peel the skin off as much as I can and then put it on the grill fat side down and crisp it up like pork rinds! Too, too yummy!

I used some little fingerling potatoes for my potato salad tonight....really buttery tasting.

It really wasn't too hot today. 74ยบ out, and the exhaust and fans are running fine.

I will pull all the OK pieces off that chicken, and throw the carcass out for the animals to eat. If DD was here, she could have taken the scraps for her pigs.
I am sure I will be elected to make chicken salad.

80JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:13 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Didn't eat too much tonight for supper. Had a little empty feeling; so I made a snack to finish the yeast raised waffle batter I made the other day.

Some "Belgian Waffles" ....."Boy, they surely did hit the spot!" JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 635107192

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Wafflesnack001

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Wafflesnack002

81JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a pan of lasagne with the "homemade" frozen pasta sheets I picked up at the Italian market. I've never tried them so I'm hoping they are tastier than the dry ones you have to boil. These were large enough to go all the way across a 9 X 13 Pyrex casserole dish.

I have to decide if I want to make a salad....don't know if anyone will eat one with a plate full of lasagne and some bakery sourdough bread....

I did end up closing up the house so I could turn on the a/c to get rid of the humidity. When it's so damp I have no energy to do much at all.

82JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I made a pan of lasagne with the "homemade" frozen pasta sheets I picked up at the Italian market. I've never tried them so I'm hoping they are tastier than the dry ones you have to boil. These were large enough to go all the way across a 9 X 13 Pyrex casserole dish.

I have to decide if I want to make a salad....don't know if anyone will eat one with a plate full of lasagne and some bakery sourdough bread....

I did end up closing up the house so I could turn on the a/c to get rid of the humidity. When it's so damp I have no energy to do much at all.

Wow! Beth....surely sounds good! I'm sure you will let us know how it comes out.
I've seen fresh lasagna noodles (refrigerated) but only like 4 or 5 inches wide.
But a whole sheet? ... Sounds neat!

That I would call.."Beths Big Bedsheet Lasagna!" hahahahahahaha

83JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:01 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, Jimmy, I can report the Italian store made pasta sheets were a huge success. Since they were "fresh" I didn't have to boil them. I did make my marinara on the loose side with about a pound of lean ground beef, a jar of store brand marinara sauce and two 16 oz. containers of homemade tomato juice from the freezer. I added a bunch of dried herbs....basil, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder and whatever else I happened to touch in the spice cabinet.

I made a concoction of Kroger brand cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and an egg, beat together into mixer until the curds were well combined with the rest of the ingredients. I use that instead so ricotta cheese.... I picked up a package of store shredded mozzarella at the Italian market....it doesn't have the cornstarch or stabilizer packaged shredded cheese has, but is like home shredded and melts nicely.

The lasagne baked up nicely - ended up with four layers. I turned off the oven and just let it sit in the hot oven for the last half hour. Then I only had to let it sit on the stovetop for about 5 minutes before cutting for supper. The pasta all held together in nice layers and had good flavor. I will definately be using their pasta again.

I wonder if they have a store made angel hair pasta....that's our favorite.

84JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 166900_2690655059765_1251379265_n

crab cakes.. I did make dill lemon sauce too.not to pretty kinda flat. thats ok.. geek

85JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 166900_2690655059765_1251379265_n

crab cakes.. I did make dill lemon sauce too.not to pretty kinda flat. thats ok.. geek

Tina and I are looking at those CC's. Ummmm!! They look like we should have some tomorrow.
I have two frozen containers from MD. that my niece sent us from a famous crab restaurant in Baltimore.

86JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had just salad for supper.

I threw a can of Smoked herring on the bottom of my salad. I had one slice of Whole Wheat bread, and three (3) dishes of salad. Just Olive Oil, and grated cheese for a dressing.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Salad003

87JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Okay...

Well guess what? Salads were not on the list for making us full and satisfied.

Tina has a ring of fresh (frozen) kielbasi and a ton of onions ready to braise in the lectric fry pan. Hum Ditty Hum Ditty Ho Ho Ho! ? Or is it Dum Dum Dum??? LOL
The house is smelling awefully good!

88JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Okay...

Tina has a ring of fresh (frozen) kielbasi and a ton of onions ready to braise in the lectric fry pan. Hum Ditty Hum Ditty Ho Ho Ho! ? Or is it Dum Dum Dum??? LOL

It took me probably 3 weeks to stop craving carbs...but it was the protein I really needed to feel full. You have cut way back on your carbs, are you noticing that you feel better, in general, like it affected me?

89JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I find that eating omelet or scrambled eggs etc for dinner makes hungry in a short time.Even if I have it for breakfast too. So I have to have a fat aka cheese with it.

I can eat a loaded salad for lunch,with added protein & cheese.
Dinner salads always have protein,eggs, chicken,avocado or fish or meat.It holds me good....

a plain lettuce onion,tomato No.

90JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:I made a pan of lasagne with the "homemade" frozen pasta sheets I picked up at the Italian market. I've never tried them so I'm hoping they are tastier than the dry ones you have to boil. These were large enough to go all the way across a 9 X 13 Pyrex casserole dish.

You can come visit here. Our humidity has been about 7%. But wait....in a few days when the monsoon starts, it'll be around 20%, which for Phx is very high.

91JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The weather report listed the relative humidity at 90% for today. It just wears me out. But humidity like that with temps in the 90's is what is worse. (Right, Barb?)

We left the villa the day before the hurricane season started...I've heard it's been raining for days there.

92JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:The breakfast and the dinner...

Beth! ... Don't Laugh! This chicken also had only one wing! It must have gotten shot off! Too bad they didn't shoot the whole chicken! The Buckshot would have been a lot crunchier!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Eggcaseroleandchicken01

the chicken looks good Jimmy.. I'd like this plate, with an extra chicken thigh for me lol!

93JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Okay...

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 3602300868 Uncle Jimmy... eating salad can't satisfy me either.. lol!

94JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

JanaAZ wrote:

You can come visit here. Our humidity has been about 7%. But wait....in a few days when the monsoon starts, it'll be around 20%, which for Phx is very high.

That's low humidity for sure Jana. Wow! I would dry up like a prune if I was out there. And believe me, I could use some drying out. LOL

95JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm cooking a Giambotta... ( A bunch of different stuff we have left to use up)

Peppers / onions /green red and yellow peppers / potatoes . hot dogs sliced up, and eggs (w) a little flour to puff them up. Like a Frittata.
It surely smells good in here! L O L .

96JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I boiled some golden beets and then built a meal around them.....grilled pork chops with BBQ sauce and corn on the grill, and some shaved cabbage with an Asian dressing for a slaw. Oh, and the 9 yr. old talked me into a purchased Boston Cream Pie for dessert.

I have enough corn so I'll have leftover to fry up with green beans, bacon and onion Thursday night.

97JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:The weather report listed the relative humidity at 90% for today. It just wears me out. But humidity like that with temps in the 90's is what is worse. (Right, Barb?)

We left the villa the day before the hurricane season started...I've heard it's been raining for days there.

OMG it has rained here for 2 weeks . It is heavy with humidity.HOT HOT HOT.high 90 to 100`

I can hardly walk to the mail box. JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 387840482

I am making a nice big cool salad to eat..

98JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:38 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote: Oh, and the 9 yr. old talked me into a purchased Boston Cream Pie for dessert.

Oh, sure. Blame it on the 9 year old. That's what I'd do too :-)

99JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 IMG_0205

stuffed pork chop.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 521543_313095025438739_1380017266_n

big salad.

100JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I've been craving this for quite a while and forgot about it JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 2855670339 lol! , until today I opened my pantry to see what to cook for our dinner meal.. I saw this canned Sardines sitting nicely at the back of my cabinet.. my DH does not like it so I cooked it for myself in my way.. I sauteed some chopped shallots and chili pepper, added sardine with tomato sauce, added some vinegar, salt and sugar, added chopped tomato and green onion and ooh.. it was out of this world JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 3593629538 .. I felt like I was at my home, having dinner with my Mom and other family members bounce

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 13

and this is Indonesian style veggies omelet.. usually sold on the roadside vendor for low cost meals.. egg with sauteed shredded cabbage, carrot, onion and green onion and chopped chili pepper ( optional))

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 4 Telor-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum