Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE.. whats cooking.

+4
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
Imelda HL
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

51JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What?... No cabbage with those fried noodles? You missed the boat on that one.....hahahahaha

I made butter grilled shrimp on the grill, skewered, brushed with melted butter, s&p and grilled. Had chive buttered noodles and broccoli along side.

Chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

52JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:What?... No cabbage with those fried noodles? You missed the boat on that one.....hahahahaha

I made butter grilled shrimp on the grill, skewered, brushed with melted butter, s&p and grilled. Had chive buttered noodles and broccoli along side.

Chocolate cupcakes for dessert.
No cabbage. Cabbage is an issue for a while.
Mrs. Cabbage lover bought two heads, and I found them in the downstairs refrigerator...all brown and purple. It was on sale though! As I was told!

Did you Butter the cup cakes too??...

53JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The cupcakes were just fine the way he made them....dry mix and canned frosting = a fun afternoon learning about following directions. He never even figured out it was a lesson!

54JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

my pulled pork.. can you guys tell which plate is mine? lol!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 DSCN6270

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 DSCN6275

55JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahaha......ah, no, Imelda.....which one is yours???

56JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh that looks so good. My eye went right to the cole slaw..yumm..

57JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:my pulled pork.. can you guys tell which plate is mine? lol!

Me Me Me...I can Guess! Please Ms. Imelda, can I Guess??

The Rice is (drum roll)...... "YOUR DISH" JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 3602300868

58JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK... we just had a treat. Dairy Queen Ice Cream.

I had a vanilla softee with butterscotch
Tina...a bannana Bizzard
And GD... a Brownie Sundaie.

Annnnnd....I just made a batter of my Yeast Raised Waffles for breakfast tomorrow!

We all blame it on the cool fall like weather, and the soaking rain! lol

59JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

no pic. but you can picture greek salad in your mind. Razz

onions
yellow,red,orange sweet peppers
seeded cucumber
tomato
LOAD's of black olives

bunch of Feta.

greek salad dressing.

I has planed on spatchcock chix on the grill,nope it was near 100` today. JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 387840482

60JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast was Dads Yeast Raised Waffles and bacon.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Wafflesbeef002

Supper....Tinamommy made Beef Cubes and Mushrooms with Gravy, and over noodles. GD and She had mashed potatoes.

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Wafflesbeef004

Dessert was Entenmans Butter Loaf Cake!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Wafflesbeef006

61JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:06 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tomorrows Sunday Dinner...is gonna be a perdue oven stuffer roasting chicken.
Made by Tinamommy and eaten by her and GD. I may eat a wing or two if they are well done and crisp.

I will have something else to eat. maybe some muscles in garlic sauce over angel hair, and crab cakes. If not, I will make some meatballs and a small pot of tomato sauce, and have that over angel hair spaghetti.

I think it would be a good idea, to mix the meatballs tonight. Yep! Saving time!

62JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:35 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking here all day yesterday. Sunday is probably going to be a house organization day and I've got a couple tomatoes and some peppered bacon for BLTs.

63JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:30 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

well another 100`for a few days coming up so no oven on thats for sure.doubt I can stay outside for 30 plus minutes either. JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 387840482

chicken stove top some how???I have to cook it..

bet my electric bill goes from $60 to 80/100 in a flash..

64JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

no cooking for yesterday and today.. we ate leftover pulled pork yesterday.. today we'll go to Golden Corral.. my DH wants to take me out for dinner ( our anniversary), the best restaurant I want to go is GC, it's not that it's the best restaurant, but the best I want for today.. confusing huh Rolling Eyes lol! we live in a small town without good restaurant, the larger city which has chain restaurant is about 20 miles away, and it does not have too many choice.. Chili, Olive Garden, Mimi Cafe, some italian foods, some Chinese food that I would not go, Dennys, Ihop and I don't know what else, it has some good authentic Mexican foods though but like I say, I'll stick with GC.. my DH does not like eating in a buffet restaurant ( he mostly eats tons of salad there) but I like to walk around and pick the foods I like, I heard they have variety of wings for now JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 3593629538 I was thinking some good steak, but my DH does a very good job on grilling steak at home, what I need is to get some good ribeye steak at the store... and yes... I'm a cheap date lol!

65JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, Imelda, I'm with dh on NO to buffet. Just can't do them. Kids get turned loose and that just makes me ill to think I'm going behind them.

Since Jimmy made fried noodles I had to use my leftover noodles for smoked sausage haluski...used up the leftover head of Savoy cabbage, too. That was lunch and now I have to come up with a supper...I D K
Got to go check the freezer I guess.

Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!

66JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

no cooking for yesterday and today.. we ate leftover pulled pork yesterday.. today we'll go to Golden Corral.. my DH wants to take me out for dinner ( our anniversary)

Oh! I missed this. H A P P Y A N N I V E R S A R Y ...IMELDA & HUBBY

67JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you Beth and Jimmy.. our married life is still young... still along way to go Wink

we don't like to eat at buffet restaurant either, I worked as a hostess in one of Chinese Buffet for 3 years.. I still remembered how chaos it was, esp on weekends.. fortunately I did not work on weekends only lunch times on weekdays.. my DH asked me to pick a restaurant and I picked GC, so he has to stick with it JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 1838020472 .. if his pick, it'd be a authentic Mexican foods or a steak house like Pinnacle Peak steakhouse ( about 70 miles a way from our house
)

68JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I fried up some nice pepper bacon for BLT's. I'll add some potato salad and Dane and Robin will be fine with it. I'm all tuckered out from cleaning stuff out of the cupboards so Robin could put her things in them.

69JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Oliveschickdonecu

chicken with olives.capers .it I had a lemon or artichokes I would have dumped those in..

70JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

YUM, Barb!

I knew you'd come up with something good.

71JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm Humming "Santa Klause Is Coming Tonight!"

Tina made the chicken in the OVEN ... JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 387840482 And I don't see any crisp on the wings. Grrrrr!

I didn' get a chance to make sauce and meatballs because friends dropped in this morning, and we made that Blue Tube Crust sausage and eggs and cheese caserole.
I got pics. I was OK, but it needed some diced tomatoes in it.
It wasn't greasy because the pork sausage meat was fried first, and the fat was drained off. SOooooooo! That's where we stand so far.
Tina just put the chicken back in the oven to brown it more.

Chicken came out..not crispy. Yuuuk! I couldn't eat the wing. Ijust filled up on rice. Good Ole Rice for a filler. hahahahaha

72JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The breakfast and the dinner...

Beth! ... Don't Laugh! This chicken also had only one wing! It must have gotten shot off! Too bad they didn't shoot the whole chicken! The Buckshot would have been a lot crunchier!

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Eggcaseroleandchicken00

JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Eggcaseroleandchicken01

73JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy that roast chicken looks great to me. Only thing is if I had cooked it, it would be skinless. I would pick the skin off & eat it right at the stove. The heck with serving with skin on geek

74JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I couldn't enjoy a roast chicken when it's hot out. Now if it ha been finished on the as grill....well, then I'd be ok with it. I love to peel the skin off as much as I can and then put it on the grill fat side down and crisp it up like pork rinds! Too, too yummy!

I used some little fingerling potatoes for my potato salad tonight....really buttery tasting.

75JUNE.. whats cooking. - Page 3 Empty Re: JUNE.. whats cooking. Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy that roast chicken looks great to me. Only thing is if I had cooked it, it would be skinless. I would pick the skin off & eat it right at the stove. The heck with serving with skin on geek

Right! The chef always gets the skin first!

It was cooked good; I will say. The skin was not crispy as I would like it, and the chicken was actually Boiled in the liquid and juices that melted off the big chicken.
It was a Perdue bird. Not enough salt for my taste, but the girls chowed down like it was gonna fly away on them. hahahahaha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum