Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS

+3
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

76DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I did !!! I love fruit with pork . Chicken too .I like mashed potato with it but it's not on my food list!!

77DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Bless you Jimmy, I will remember you in my will.

78DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Fa-get-it. Tina bought me two chili cheese dogs from some burger joint in New York City. New York City??? They can't make good chili in New York City!!! LOL...
We shall see.

Jim Jr. and DIL and Tina went to go see the Rockettes and the St. Patrick Cathedral ...
It's 6:30 and they are waiting for their bus. DIL's Company furnished the Bus. She'll be home uh...oh around 930 10 o'clock tonight.
Ya think she'll be tired. hahahahahaha.... I better get the leg cramp medicine ready for her for tonight.
I made shrimp salad today. Didn't eat it yet. Maybe tomorrow. It depends on how good those chili dogs are.

Gabe was feeling like crap today. I will make him a short stack of wheats for supper. That will pep him up, and it's easy to make.

79DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Bless you Jimmy, I will remember you in my will.
Very Happy DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 940422454

80DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh Oh..... I'm gonna have a story.... sooner or later.
Tina' and Jim jr and Sherrie are on the way home...and the (xxxx) is gonna hit the fan.
I just found out why Gabe the uncle is not feeling good. He has been in the bathroom 6 times today, and just now, I had to clean him up. He kept saying black...it's black. Its red too. I just cleaned him and he must be bleeding internally. Waiting for Dr to call.... Tina doesn't know yet. In 20 minutes she will.

I figured someting is wrong. He said his legs are weak, and he wanted me to help lift him up to walk to the bathroom..... I'll get back later... sorry for this mention. It's just, we can never win.

81DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:23 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

He needs to go to the ER.

82DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:35 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:He needs to go to the ER.

The 911 took him to the ER.

Poor Tina.... She had to go because she has power of attorney.

Ringgg .... Tina just called. Said I was right. He is bleeding internally, and they gave him two units of blood....... Tests to follow.

83DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:41 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK... back to food.

I had 1/2 of the chili dog. Bills Bar & Burger. It was ok, but not even close to my Greek style chili sauce recipe.
BTW.... I have a update for that recipe ( thanks to Tina )...and it adjusts the consistency, and adds to the flavor absorbed into the meat.

84DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:05 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Sorry about your uncle Jimmy. Does not sound good at all. I will be surprised if he comes home.

85DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:09 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy Keep us posted..

86DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:29 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Does not sound good. Sorry.

87DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:28 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

At least you were available to help him, Jimmy. Just thinking about what a mess it could be if he was still at his house out in BFE Jersey by himself. I'll pray the docs can discover and reverse the problem. Would probably be good if he went to rehab for 24-hour care so Tina (and you) don't wear yourselves out caring for him. Caretakers need respite and to take care of themselves.

88DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:30 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

He should be in Nursing care anyway..

89DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:35 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thanks for the concern everyone.
No answers yet. It's the week end. You never want to get sick on the week end.
There is no one to answer questions or diagnose fully a condition; unless it's setting a broken bone.

90DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

At least (I hope) they are keeping him hydrated, fed in the vein, not by mouth, medicated if he needs it, and transfused. Keep us posted. I feel like Gabe is part of the family.

91DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Trying to decide on supper. For some reason, an old recipe I made, found in a Cuisine at Home magazine, came to mind. French Onion Burgers. Seasoned burger patties served on a bed of cheesy (mozzarella/parmesan) toasts and all covered/soaked in French Onion soup/sauce.

He doesn't have to eat the toasts if he doesn't want to ~ but I'm bettin' he will.

92DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I just got home from food shopping and I saw a lamb shank..Bought it... DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 3267860543

BTW.. It is still stinking hot here. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 1562938848

93DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We've cooled off...a lot. The 'winter' winds are blowing, don't have much wind in the summer. Yesterday we had misty rain off and on. Today it's just overcast. Not a very pretty day.

But still SO much better than freezing temps, frigid gusts and snow......

just sayin'

94DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:At least (I hope) they are keeping him hydrated, fed in the vein, not by mouth, medicated if he needs it, and transfused. Keep us posted. I feel like Gabe is part of the family.

Gabe is sort of an influence on what WE cook anyway.
I guess we all are Cyber Cooking Friends, and Family.

95DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

One of us said he could have eaten more....but didn't want to over-do. So, there will be a reheated second meal in the near future. It was really good ~ a combination of salisbury steak and French Onion Soup.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 IMG_20151206_171012459

96DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I bought some black garlic today. I want to compare it to what I am making myself because what you get from a company is cooked in a different way. Food purists say that what you make at home isn't nearly as good as what you can buy. I don't know if my garlic is going to turn out because I can't seem to get the heat low enough. I can keep the heat constant at 140 using my bread proofer but I had a panic attack last night thinking the garlic odor would permeate the walls and so every time I wanted to proof some dough, the garlic would flavor it. Can you imagine cinnamon garlic bread? So I tried my slow cooker on warm: too hot. I am trying another pot that actually has a thermostat so maybe I can crank it low enough to do the job. I won't know for a month how things will turn out. I do have a thermometer in the pot to tell me how hot it is getting.
I don't think I have to cook dinner tonight. Roomie and DH went to a food fest. I declined because frankly, when you can't eat, food things are a bore. It isn't a lot of fun watching other people stuff their faces.

97DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Why not put the garlic in a glass 'lock-lock' container (air tight) inside the proofer?

Then the temperature would stay constant and the garlic smell, etc. would be contained.

Just a suggestion......better than tryin' with a CrockPot where the temp isn't constant.

I remember dcarch on the old Cooking.com forum made his own black garlic. His was the first I ever saw or heard of.

98DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Lamb Shanks with Oranges & OlivesDECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Lamb+shank+book
Stinco di Agnello con Aranci e Olive from Mario Batali's Molto Italiano

4 large meaty lamb shanks, rinsed & patted dry  ( 2) not 4..
salt and pepper for seasoning the shanks
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 red onions (I used one large one), cut into 1/4" dice
12 cloves of garlic, peeled (I smashed mine)
1 navel orange, cut into 8 wedges
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary  (dry)
1/2 cup  olives
1 cup dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio from Friuli)
1 cup basic tomato sauce (you can use a can of San Marzano tomatoes)
1 cup chicken stock
zest of one orange

Preheat oven to 375.

Season shanks with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over high heat until smoking. Reduce the heat and sear the lamb shanks, turning occasionally until dark golden brown. About 15-18 minutes. Remove and transfer to a plate and set aside.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Lamb+shank1

Add the diced onions, garlic and orange wedges to the pot and cook until the garlic is soft, about 8 minutes on medium heat.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Lamb+shank2

Add the rosemary, olives, wine, tomato sauce & stock and bring to a boil.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Lamb+shank3

Replace the lamb shanks in the pot and return to a boil. Cover tightly, place in the oven and cook for 1 1/2 hours until meat is fork tender.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Lamb+shank4

Allow the shanks to rest for 10 minutes in the sauce, then transfer them to plates and sprinkle with orange zest  over polenta..

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Lamb+shank5

99DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Wish I liked lamb....never had it as a kid because my dad hated the smell of it.  We lived right across the road from a sheep farm so we had constant 'sheep smells' when the wind came from the west.  Dad hated it.  I have a feeling his mother made mutton from really old sheep and that was why he said to never ever cook it in the house.

Dane likes it - especially those little rib chops that they serve on the bone....lamb lollipops.

But I gotta say, Barb, your lamb shanks look DElicious! Every once in a while I see fresh pork shanks. Think I'll keep that recipe in mind and try it with the pork.

Awsome job! DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 4056093967

100DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 4 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

think it is american lamb.New zealand lamb has a odd smell.I love lamb..grilled leg of lamb so good. Just wish it was not so expensive..

Thanks.. It was easy to make and cheap as all get out $6..lol

Both girls right under my feet while I was cooking and then when it was done.. I know I can give them the marrow but not the bone..IDK..I give them marrow bones raw and frozen ,not often tho..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum