Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS

+3
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

51DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 010%200000

52DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Now you've got me thinkin' that should be on my table.....but then I'd have to clean the shrimp.....

Nah...maybe next week.

Did you just throw together a 'rub' seasoning or use pre-made?

53DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

pre-made?

Lemon/pepper old bay lol.

54DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Halupki's on the menu for tonight.
Easy.... Pull from the freezer, and throw them in a pot with tomatoes. Cooking slowly now in a small dutch oven. I will have a sweet potato with mine.

55DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Early supper because one of us was 'hungry'!

Fried ham steak w/brown sugar glazed apples, baked acorn squash & green peas ~ my defination of a 'fall meal'.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 IMG_20151204_170450205_HDR

56DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

looks great.. wish I had someone to fix me dinner lol. I walked around the kitchen and opened the fridge 10 times..

I ended up making something weird.creamed spinach with sweet potato on top..
In the oven now so ,now I wait..

57DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Dirk wanted some stuffed jalapeno with bacon, so I made some for him and roasted some bacon jalapeno.. so good, I stuffed my peppers with cream cheese + mozzarella + cilantro, bit of mayo and sriracha sauce

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 5_zpsmfbp4ql4

and I made some fruit leather with my cranberry sauce/jam

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 DSCN5172_zpspzhytpzj

58DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Dirk wanted some stuffed jalapeno with bacon, so I made some for him and roasted some bacon jalapeno.. so good, I stuffed my peppers with cream cheese + mozzarella + cilantro, bit of mayo and sriracha sauce

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 5_zpsmfbp4ql4

and I made some fruit leather with my cranberry sauce/jam

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 DSCN5172_zpspzhytpzj

You should make a pair of fruit leather shoes for Dirk and you!...LOL...
The stuffed jalepino look great.

59DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Sp%20gratin2

60DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Sp%20gratin4

61DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Sp%20gratin4

Wow!.... A meal fit for Popeye!

62DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda ~ you really went all out to make Dirk smile! What a fun meal.

Barb - your casserole is really 'holiday-ish'. I love the colors.....and it LOOKS healthy, too. Did you have some sort of crust or something under the spinach or did it just hold up by itself? It looks like it cut nice and clean (unlike something like MY lasagne that ends up in a splattered mess on the plate).

63DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

4-sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8" slices, divided
2 10oz. packages of frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed of all water
1/2 cup of feta cheese
2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt & pepper
3 eggs

Butter a 9" x 13" gratin dish (I used a smaller 8 x 10 dish,).

Using half of the sweet potato slices, layer the bottom of the baking dish with the slices, overlapping a bit.

Layer the defrosted spinach on top of the potatoes and season with salt & pepper.
Dot the spinach with the feta cheese.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Sp+gratin

End with the rest of the sweet potato slices.

Whisk the cream with the eggs, garlic and more salt & pepper. I added a little dill (if you are wondering what the green stuff is).

Pour the egg cream mixture over the contents in the dish and press down to absorb the liquid.

Cover tightly with foil and bake in a 375F oven for 40 minutes.
Uncover the foil and bake another 40 minutes uncovered.

Let rest 15 minutes before serving.

64DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:20 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

feta, huh.....

((sigh))

but I'll bet you loved it.

65DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:34 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:feta, huh.....

((sigh))

but I'll bet you loved it.  

that is what I had lol LOVE feta.I remember gong to the fresh market with my Mom and she would buy a hunk of fresh made ,European made and I could not stop eating it..Store bought does even come close..

66DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Based on Barb's pics, I made shrimp tacos last night. The recipe was different from hers but it was a hit. They loved it. It will be on regular rotation from now on. I don't know how they are going to feel about it this morning though. DH and Roomie tied one on last night. I haven't seen my DH in this condition for at least 25 years. Both were slurring their words, yacked through the entire movie. Roomie got her foot caught in an electrical cord and ended up doing a face plant on the floor. Fortunately she landed on carpet and wasn't hurt. Joe went out like a light in the upright position on the couch and started snoring. He then kept waking up due to reflux. I kept dosing him with antacid. It will be interesting to see if they have a hangover this morning, if they get up in the morning. It could be this afternoon.

67DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ha learned my lesson a life time ago!!!! I may have a beer or glass of wine. Enough for me... Been there done that...

68DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It's funny but I have never been high or drunk on alcohol. Just never liked the stuff.

What they were drinking was revolting: maple flavored Jim Beam whiskey. Boy, I would hate to get sick on that. You couldn't eat anything with syrup on it for a long time.

69DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a question and I am asking it here so everybody can see it and may know the answer. I have a Brod & Taylor folding bread proofer which I love. B&T sent a recipe the other day for making your own black garlic. I am dying to try it. What you have to do is set the proofer at 102 degrees and keep it on 24/7 for at least a month. What will it do to my electric bill?

70DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I don't know but I'm sure Norm might.

I want to make bread in a cast iron Dutch oven and I don't have one.... Wondering if I could use a club aluminum one, I have 3 of them. My cast iron are not big enough.

71DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I have a question and I am asking it here so everybody can see it and may know the answer. I have a Brod & Taylor folding bread proofer which I love. B&T sent a recipe the other day for making your own black garlic. I am dying to try it. What you have to do is set the proofer at 102 degrees and keep it on 24/7 for at least a month. What will it do to my electric bill?

bugster... the answer is in how many watts does it say it is?
If lets say it is 40 watts... it will cycle on and off to maintain the 102 degrees, so it can actually be on maybe 1/2 of the time rather than on steadily.

40 watts on for 720 hr's ( 30 days ) would cost $3.17 Shocked

72DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ahhhh, I was going to say $3.20.....but Jimmy is probably more accurate.

LOL

73DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

When I was at the stove prepping this and that for supper, Mr. Amazing walked out next to me and looked at my pounded chicken cutlets....said, "I want Meditteranian Chicken for supper". Sorry about HIS luck. I've been hungry for Chicken Parm with big, fat fetuccini noodles for weeks. I've not made it because of his desire to cut carbs. But tonight was MY night! I was going to have noodles and sauce. I didn't bread the chicken, just a very light dusting with flour to seal before topping with the mozzarella.....but that was as far as I intended to go. I WANTED THIS MEAL!

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 IMG_20151205_170718307

and now I'm happy......

LOL

74DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 12347689_1291246524235581_3066599234958317243_n

good for you lol..

Poke chops and apples.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 3267860543

75DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 3 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, what gave you the idea to pair pork with apples????

Hahahahaha!

Man, ours last night was really good. There's something about fruit and pork that just 'goes together'......it's like having dessert on your dinner plate.

bet you enjoyed every bite!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum