Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 19]

326November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I use the Steak Rub for everything I want seasoning on: Steak, Pork, Chicken, Burgers, Eggs.

HA me too..I used to use Montreal seasoning all the time. I bought the chicken one yuck.. I do not even use that anymore..

I may make tacos or enchiladas..depends how energetic I am later.

327November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm cuttin' up vegetables for my Sweet & Sour Pork.

328November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Thanks, Barb....you didn't see it because right after supper I fell asleep in the chair and woke up at 3:00 a.m. and posted it then.....LOL ~ Bein' old allows for that, doesn't it???

Imelda, the chicken was one breast half sliced across and pounded out a bit.  Then I seasoned it with the Hungarian Szeged Steak Rub that Barb turned me on to.  Then I dusted in a bit of flour (shook off the excess) and did a quick saute in butter.  It's something that cooks in minutes and the Steak Rub seasoning has a nice conbination of flavor we like (salt, onion, celery seed & 'secret' spices - which I know includes pepper and some other seeds, just not sure what it all is).  They make a Chicken Seasoning, but I don't care for that one at all.....so, I use the Steak Rub for everything I want seasoning on:  Steak, Pork, Chicken, Burgers, Eggs.

thanks Beth, I could have used it on my fish for my taco today, oh well, I'll  try it next time, I'm sure Dirk will love his chicken breast cooked this way, I'm not a chicken breast person, I prefer dark meat Smile

my fish taco, the slaw was so good, I marinated my fish fillet with cajun seasoning, a bit of garlic oil and baked for 20 minutes, I added some Sriracha, lemon juice, honey in my mayo for the sauce, so refreshing

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 31_zpstbtog9fa

329November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

No dinner tonight. DH and Roomie are at the beach. It is almost 90 degrees today.
I am playing around with a ragu recipe today. I'll see how it turns out. I bought a heavy carbon steel griddle and will start seasoning it tomorrow. My DH insists I do it when he is around so he can set up fans and open windows. I secretly think he thinks that I may burn down the house. I also grabbed a Global fish spatula at BBB. It was something like $65 but it had a sticker that said there was an additional 33% off. Add another 20% off coupon and I got the thing, including tax, for $30. Good fish spatulas are expensive. I thought it should have been $10 more but I didn't argue with the clerk.

330November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That looks really tasty, Imelda. The sauce reminds me of the one I copied for 'Bang Bang Shrimp'....super easy (except for those folks who don't care to check things out......they just continue to go to expensive restaurants to order the over-priced appetizer! LOL). One of the ladies from my neighborhood told me how she loves to go to a restaurant called BoneFish Grill. It has good food but sometimes the prices, to me, are VERY expensive. She said she only orders their Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer.

I tried it one time and came home and made an almost duplicate tasting sauce from memory ~ and then checked for recipes on-line and found one with a 'missing' ingredient that I really like. I make this sauce and have it with pan fried shrimp or chicken nuggets.

Bang Bang Sauce

1/2 c. Mayonaise
1/4 c. Sweet Chili Sauce
1 t. - 1 T Sriracha Sauce (depending upon your heat preference)
1/2 t. Fish Sauce
1/2 t. Sesame Oil
1 t. Honey

Mix well. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

I made my version of Sweet & Sour Pork, which bears very little resemblance to a s/s pork dish from a Chinese restaurant. But I was brought up thinking Chow Mein vegetables came in a LaChoy can so I get to make MY s/s pork any way I want to! LOL

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 11.21.15

331November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 12250068_10206758051303867_2540360313129817579_n

332November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

that's one lotta bunch of cheese on your enchiladas, Barb!

What did you use for the filling?

(I make mine with everything BUT the cheese.....Dane can add it if he wants to, but lots of time he just eats it the same as I do)

333November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beef mix.. I ate some and packaged the rest for the freezer.Maybe some for lunch .

Scratched that itch lol.. I have wanted  a bagel,lox,cream cheese onion,tomato,caper , no such thing as a good bagel around here so I have put it off. Might indulge soon..get it behind me lol at least it is not pizza or a huge burger. Shocked

334November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, it's crummy when you get a hankerin' for something you know you shouldn't have. I'm not nearly as good with choices as you are. But I know if I deny myself something, say, chocolate....well, I'll just binge and then I really feel bad. I'm better off having some dark chocolate disks (GOOD chocolate, like from our local Peterbrooke Chocolate Store) in the house so I can eat one when I'm really, really craving it.

Then, of course, I justify it by saying dark chocolate is good for me! LOL

335November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's Sunday.... 'Diner specials today...LOL

Knockwurst for me... and cooked sauerkraut with hot mustard on the side to dip.
Pierogi for Tina....
Chicken from the rotisserie at the Weis Market for Gabe....

336November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Schmorgorsh Bored.....ie: no one wants what I want!

337November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Grilling some wings..

338November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The idea of 'Bang Bang Chicken' just came into my head.....hmmmmm ~ wonder why?

339November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bang-Bang Chicken Nuggets, Potato Crown w/ketchup, Sauted Zucchini & Onion and Side Salad:

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 11.22.15

340November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:12 pm

NormM

NormM

I made (bought) KFC with mashed potatoes and slaw with a cookie and roll.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

341November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 12196239_10206792423703959_3558626521747820570_n

342November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 12243229_10206849785857977_228611003244900627_n

threw on some yellow squash..

343November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:26 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

For Supper:

Half a rib-eye browned stove-top and then put in 400 degree oven to cook...
Baked Acorn squash with S&P, butter a touch of brown sugar, and a dash cinnamon and allspice.
Baby new potatoes, boiled and just smashed with butter, s&P...

Yes lots of butter....have to cut down

But it was delicious!

Leftovers for tomorrow.

I will not re-heat the steak. It is perfectly rare..I will just leave it out on the counter for a bit before I eat it. The rest will be nuked.

344November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:29 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Beth, I tried your suggestion of microwaving the small acorn squash for a few minutes before trying to cut it.

It worked really well!
I had it on for about 3-4 minutes. The edges were beginning to cook; but that was ok because I just halved it, scooped out the seeds and then put it in the oven to bake...
Yummy!

Next I am going to try it with my butternut squash.. That one is really giving problems cutting it...I mean since my broken arm/shoulder issues...

I will let you know how it works out!
thanks!

345November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Glad it worked for you Cookingirl! I always cut the top off the butternut (below the stem) so I don't have to cut through the hard part where the stem grows. Sometimes that's all I have to do to be able to cut it in half. But the partial cook in the microwave is certainly an easy way to soften up the flesh.

346November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Darn......I WANT WINGS......

thanks.

((for nothing - they are too expensive right now............))

347November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Darn......I WANT WINGS......

thanks.

((for nothing - they are too expensive right now............))

I bought them on sale.What is bang bang? I should know..Looks great..

wow Cyn.. glad to see you posting..

it is so nice and cool now so I can stay outside  for a minute November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 512660330

348November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:58 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thanks Barbara....I have cooked a bit...After my workman's comp hearing (ear;y December) and the Holidays I will really have to start cutting back on junk food so that I can lose the weight I gained. ...you know the drill...cholesterol, cut back on sweets, etc....
May ask for help..
Now that things are hopefully near an end, I am trying to trust in God, and get on with my life....

349November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Everyones food looks great or sounds great.
My knockwurst was bueno.... I had it with Curry ketchup and hot mustard.
1 slice of thin thin all rye grain bread. OMG was it good. No seeds in it, and dark color.
I enjoyed every bite...

Tina and Gabe ate that chicken breast from the store; and I was gaging as I cut it for them. It was not cooked enough, and I could smell the dead chicken carcass. And the feathers.
Where are ya Bugster? You know what I mean...!

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Raw-chicken-sandwich

350November............ what's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

What is bang bang? I should know..

go back a few posts to where I posted the pic of my Sweet & Sour Pork.....the recipe is there. I'm pretty sure you've had it before...I just usually make it hotter than others (except Imelda). It was good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum