Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??"

+5
NormM
Bugster2
Barbara101
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 20]

126(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It has been cool here. About 75 degrees but it is going to get hotter next week. I don't know what to cook for dinner. Maybe pasta and use my new Fasta Pasta.
Bad news in the news for us. We have a drought. We all are supposed to cut back on water use. We have, and now we have a dead lawn. So, instead of rewarding our efforts, the water company is going to raise the prices to make up for the loss in revenue.
To add insult to injury, gasoline has gone up 10 cents since yesterday and is going to jump an additional 50 cents/gal next week. I can't wait till I can move out of here.

127(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I am planing on a burger.INSIDE stove top grill pan.

So sick of 100`/105`/110`/115`days...... (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 2787578702 (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 1450907917 (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 2876843705 (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 1562938848

Barb, I don't know how you can take heat that warm!....

We panic and hide when it gets 80º here.
Like it is almost 1 pm and its 74º out. Low humidity too.
That we don't mind.
Now tomorrow they say, humidity comes back, and 84º. Mad

128(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:It has been cool here. About 75 degrees but it is going to get hotter next week. I don't know what to cook for dinner. Maybe pasta and use my new Fasta Pasta.
Bad news in the news for us. We have a drought. We all are supposed to cut back on water use. We have, and now we have a dead lawn. So, instead of rewarding our efforts, the water company is going to raise the prices to make up for the loss in revenue.
To add insult to injury, gasoline has gone up 10 cents since yesterday and is going to jump an additional 50 cents/gal next week. I can't wait till I can move out of here.

bugs, isn't there a river or body of water they can tap or pipe over to your area?

129(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy I stay in the house.I went grocery shoppin at 8AM.Still hot then.I go to bed and it is 89`outside .

I can not tell you how bad I want to leave this Dumbass state.And the south.We have a pisspoor Gov.All this flap over a dang flag.....unreal.. like a flag will stop racism and crime. I am fed up with all of it and the people who wanted the flag down. Ignorant ..

130(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Jimmy I stay in the house.I went grocery shoppin at 8AM.Still hot then.I go to bed and it is 89`outside .

I can not tell you how bad I want to leave this Dumbass state.And the south.We have a pisspoor Gov.All this flap over a dang flag.....unreal.. like a flag will stop racism and crime. I am fed up with all of it and the people who wanted the flag down. Ignorant ..

I hear your frustrations Barb. I pray that it cools down for you there. We went to FLA a few years ago, and stayed at friends. They had the cooling set at 80 degrees.
I would have died if it were not for the Casablanca fan over the bed.
I lowered the t-stat to 78º, and our friends came running out freezing with sweaters on. LOL

As far as the flag chit.... I think most of the people that let that issue crawl up you know where, are infantile and silly. What a joke! They act like sheer idiotic children that cry because their lolly pop was taken away from them.
What peeved me, is that the American Flag was not hoisted up to replace it.
I guess they were afraid it would really p them off, and no one had the smarts or the respect to display the flag of our United States. Grrrrrrrrr

131(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

This isn't really the right place for a political discussion. I was uncomfortable when others felt the need to make public comments about transgenders. That's for email, folks!

But in light of everything that has happened recently, I would feel ashamed of myself if I didn't speak up and say that some of us are also fed up with all the people who didn't want the flag down, though I'll refrain from calling them ignorant.

Like I said, I don't think this is the right place for a political discussion of any sort, but because of what was said, I felt obliged to respond...

132(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:49 pm

NormM

NormM

Jimmy, I think the plans are for the flag pole to come down too.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

133(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

they took down the pole in a flash.. (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 2855670339

134(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Tahini6_1

I really lost my appetite for lunch so I made a snack.Hummus..

135(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Crybaby wrote:This isn't really the right place for a political discussion.  I was uncomfortable when others felt the need to make public comments about transgenders.  That's for email, folks!  

But in light of everything that has happened recently, I would feel ashamed of myself if I didn't speak up and say that some of us are also fed up with all the people who didn't want the flag down, though I'll refrain from calling them ignorant.  

Like I said, I don't think this is the right place for a political discussion of any sort, but because of what was said, I felt obliged to respond...

And as the owner with Beth of this forum, I feel that anyone  here can be comfortable saying anything they think and what bothers them ..That does include you.

I have never really said anything that I felt so strongly about ,till now..These are things happening now in our world and I will speak my mind from now on.We all do not have the same feelings on such,so be it. But we do have the right to say them..

I am not ignorant.

136(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Jimmy, I think the plans are for the flag pole to come down too.

Stupid of them.... How are they gonna put up the Time to Eat Flag now?? Smile

137(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I remember years ago...?? 60's maybe??....
They had flag pole sitters that would spend days perched on top a pole with a little seat or such!
Back then, it wasn't anything that they would televise and show for a long period like they do today!

138(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:18 pm

NormM

NormM

About the flag, in 1960 they started flying the Tennessee confederate battle flag over the South Carolina capitol dome in opposition to Federal Civil Rights legislation  being passed.  There was a long battle to get it taken down and 15 years ago a compromise was that they would take the Tennessee flag down from the dome and put up a flag pole in front of the Capitol by a Civil War monument and fly the North Virginia battle flag from it.  When they found out the flag pole was going to cost 30K there was some grousing but they went ahead and put it up.  Since then there have been several efforts to take that flag down too. One governor is thought to have lost an election after trying to get it taken down.  After all it was a flag used by hate groups. In Germany where the swastika is banned, white supremacists use it instead. In the US Neo Nazi groups and the KKK fly it at their meetings. It was a flag flown by people committing treason to their country.  Even though some people in South Carolina claim it was their heritage and ancestors fought and died for the flag, in fact no one in the South Carolina rebel army ever fought under either of those flags. BTW South Carolina withdrew from the Union even before Abraham Lincoln was president. It was finally taken down in respect for the nine people who died in a church a few weeks ago after being shot to death by a white supremacist who was shown in pictures of him burning the American flag and waving the battle flag.  It isn't going to stop hate and crime but at least it won't be flown and endorsed by the government of that state anymore.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

139(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Great looking, and nice recipe.
Geepers.../?? I wonder if using thin thin sliced and diced onion instead of the leeks would work??

I love eating spaghetti / macaroni like that...
Growing up, there were times when it was spaghetti every day; but just a different way.
Like today, being Friday...It would be browned bread crumbs with minced garlic in oil and butter, then adding canned tuna in olive oil. Spaghetti cooked and oiled lightly, then a scoop of the drain water to wet it a little.
Add all the tuna crumb mixture and mix well. Plate; and dust with black pepper, and serve lemon wedges to squeeze onto the spaghetti as it is eaten.

The bad part, is it is not very filling for some reason, and the good part is....It's really Good.... and the lemon really does a great job of flavor.

Yes, Jimmy, you can (and I have) used onion instead of the leeks. But I do like the taste of leeks so I just use a whole one instead of just 1/2 c. It cooks down and adds a nice thickness to the sauce.

But the BEST PART is definately the toasted buttered bread crumbs to soak up some of the liquidy sauce. And the way some of the grape tomatoes pop in your mouth....oh, yeah, instead of cutting the tomatoes in half I leave 'em whole and not all of them cook down.....some squirt yummy tomato juice in your mouth when you bite into them.

140(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Great looking, and nice recipe.
Geepers.../?? I wonder if using thin thin sliced and diced onion instead of the leeks would work??

I love eating spaghetti / macaroni like that...
Growing up, there were times when it was spaghetti every day; but just a different way.
Like today, being Friday...It would be browned bread crumbs with minced garlic in oil and butter, then adding canned tuna in olive oil. Spaghetti cooked and oiled lightly, then a scoop of the drain water to wet it a little.
Add all the tuna crumb mixture and mix well. Plate; and dust with black pepper, and serve lemon wedges to squeeze onto the spaghetti as it is eaten.

The bad part, is it is not very filling for some reason, and the good part is....It's really Good.... and the lemon really does a great job of flavor.

Yes, Jimmy, you can (and I have) used onion instead of the leeks.  But I do like the taste of leeks so I just use a whole one instead of just 1/2 c.  It cooks down and adds a nice thickness to the sauce.

But the BEST PART is definately the toasted buttered bread crumbs to soak up some of the liquidy sauce.  And the way some of the grape tomatoes pop in your mouth....oh, yeah, instead of cutting the tomatoes in half I leave 'em whole and not all of them cook down.....some squirt yummy tomato juice in your mouth when you bite into them.

It';s nice of you to answer about the onions instead of leeks, but you don't have to tease me; explaining about the crumbs and the butter sauce and squirting juice of the delicious tomatoes. umm umm umm!!!LOL

141(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 004%20%20%20101

Burger for me.. (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 2599281016

142(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cheese Burger from the Glider Diner in PA.
Tina brought back three, and the waitress put the bunns the onions the chili and the mustard and burgers all in separate individual containers.
3 containers of cole slaw, which was awesome.

Then she bought a few dozen KK doughnuts. Total of 8 dozen so the kids and the three neighbors all get theirs. The guy next door in already cutting the front and side grass, and the other woman on the other side, said she will be over tomorrow to cut the back. Isn't that sweet of them?
All my work is done for the week end now! LOL....

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 WYx2IE

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 TG7ALA

143(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:43 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

8 dozen??? Are you feeding the whole block?

144(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Cheese Burger from the Glider Diner in PA.
Tina brought back three, and the waitress put the bunns the onions the chili and the mustard and burgers all in separate individual containers.

DISSassembled burgers! That's FANTASTIC! Otherwise you'd have had one huge gloppy mess and it wouldn't have tasted good at all.

Way to go Ms. Tina!

(Did you add some sweet/hot pickles??? I love 'em with the chili sauce.)

145(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went to Lyn's Doctor with her this morning....down to Orlando. She had to go for a pre-op consult before she has a knee replacement October 1. Whenever I think about the surgery, I want to say, "EWWWW!", but I keep my mouth shut and just try to be there for moral support. I use to watch those PBS doctor shows where they would show bits of the actual operations.

Cured me from ever wanting augmentation, bariatric (sp?) surgery, knee or hip replacement, plastic surgery, a nose job....uh-uh. Not for me. Oh, I suppose if I was in pain, or if I broke something...well, that would be different. But no volunteering for that stuff for me.

146(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy that looks awesome.The sandwich lol  Can not eat a donut..maybe a plain no frills one.Like cake..

147(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:8 dozen??? Are you feeding the whole block?

I had to edit this bugs.... It was 10 dozen she bought.

6 for the neighbors....
1 for Jimmy Jr.
1 to eat today and tomorrow
2 to freeze for next week.

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

148(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Cheese Burger from the Glider Diner in PA.

DISSassembled burgers!  That's FANTASTIC!  Otherwise you'd have had one huge gloppy mess and it wouldn't have tasted good at all.

Way to go Ms. Tina!

(Did you add some sweet/hot pickles???  I love 'em with the chili sauce.)
No sweet hots Beth. Gotta get them on line from Tony's in Toledo and have them shipped..... We tried to get the Wickles Pickles to no avail.
Tina said heck with them....order them on line. She even said she would drive there and get a whole bunch. I could just see it now... Tina's Pickle Run to Ohio! LOL

149(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gosh we have both of those here. Hummm guess I will get some..

150(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 6 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Gosh we have both of those here. Hummm guess I will get some..

We don't have Tony Packo's pickles here, so I searched, and the Walmart has them, but only on line.
$31.89 for 6 ( six ) 24 0z. jars of the sweet hots. $4.97 shipping!
Way cheaper than Amazon.

I'm buying them tonight. Sounds like a deal no?''''

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum