Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??"

+5
NormM
Bugster2
Barbara101
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 20]

151(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:26 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That total price would be good because the shipping is so reasonable....but it's a shame you cannot find them locally in any grocery store.

What if you ordered them, and/or the Wickles Pickles, to be delivered to your local Walmart? I know if you do that with, say, Lowe's or Home Depot, there is no shipping charge since they just send the item on their delivery truck from their distribution centers.

Since Walmart carries them it might be worth a question at the service desk....

152(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:29 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

really it pays to shop around.Amazon is not always cheaper.Like my ice cream maker is $60+ and at Costco it is $53.Other items too.oh coffee and spices and loads of other things..I am brain dead right now.. Shocked Shocked

If I need a good laugh I read my William/Sonoma or Create /Barrel catalog... HA..

7;30 am and I am fixin to go out to grocery..To hot to go farmers market.

153(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:That total price would be good because the shipping is so reasonable....but it's a shame you cannot find them locally in any grocery store.  

What if you ordered them, and/or the Wickles Pickles, to be delivered to your local Walmart?  I know if you do that with, say, Lowe's or Home Depot, there is no shipping charge since they just send the item on their delivery truck from their distribution centers.

Since Walmart carries them it might be worth a question at the service desk....
I already tried... it says ship to store is NOT available for this item. Tina will be proud of me for checking the prices first.

154(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:19 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Jimmy!  I just found a site that stocks BOTH the Tony Packo Pickles and the Wickles Pickles!

The 6-jar box & shipping on the Tony Packo pickles was $26.80 / $8.14 = $34.14

http://cart.shopyourway.com/shc/s/ShoppingCartDisplayCmd?_promoEnginePage=CART&fromDelver=Y&isCartValidated=true&orderId=830245302&storeName=Sears&dIntlCurrency=USD&catalogId=12605&dIntlCountry=US&siteStoreId=10153&storeId=10153&appID=&searsRnpEnabled=false&wlref=sscart&i_cntr=1436620583564&ddkey=http:OrderItemDisplay#/cart

But, Holey Moley ~ the price on the Wickles was outrageous! I buy them for under $4/jar at the local WalMart. I ought to check how much it would be for ME to purchase & ship to you....

155(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:26 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Hey, Jimmy!  I just found a site that stocks BOTH the Tony Packo Pickles and the Wickles Pickles!

The 6-jar box & shipping on the Tony Packo pickles was $26.80 / $8.14 = $34.14

http://cart.shopyourway.com/shc/s/ShoppingCartDisplayCmd?_promoEnginePage=CART&fromDelver=Y&isCartValidated=true&orderId=830245302&storeName=Sears&dIntlCurrency=USD&catalogId=12605&dIntlCountry=US&siteStoreId=10153&storeId=10153&appID=&searsRnpEnabled=false&wlref=sscart&i_cntr=1436620583564&ddkey=http:OrderItemDisplay#/cart

But, Holey Moley ~ the price on the Wickles was outrageous!  I buy them for under $4/jar at the local WalMart.  I ought to check how much it would be for ME to purchase & ship to you....

I paid 35.90 for the six jars of sweet hots. The thing I looked for, was they are shipped from a pacing warehouse called Toledo Packaging in Ohio, so they are hopefully new fresh stock.

156(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

They'll probably go out in the field and pick the cucumbers fresh to make a batch just for you!

157(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:They'll probably go out in the field and pick the cucumbers fresh to make a batch just for you!

How'd you know they said they would do that for me?
It must have been, when I told them I knew Beth, the woman that moved to the Villages in Florida. The guy said, "Oh yeah, we know that " Lady!"
"We don't pull any punches when she's aroiund the town!" (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 1562938848

158(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good Grief! I spent all afternoon messing around with tonight's supper. I started prepping things for the salad as soon as I finished my salad for lunch and did a bit of this 'n that all afternoon.

Grilled Chicken Breast (bone-in, skin-on), summer squash sauteed with onions, lady peas with bacon and a cauliflower/pea/bacon salad.

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 07.11.15

159(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Attachment.php

HA so did I.I ate and right away ,,I am
oh whats for dinner.lol  Plus I was hungry at 4pm.Now that I ate ,I will be hungry again at 9pm.

leftovers.. toaster oven zuccini casserole and steak..old potato salad from last week.

160(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lord only knows today started out in reverse.
Son had no power this am. They had to come down here to take showers.
Their clothes were dry in the dryer, but wrinkled. So there was Tina ironing their scruffs ..
Then, tina made them eggs and toast, and I got to grill some bacon on the grill.
At the same time....the aide came to shower the uncle....
All this at between 930 and 1100am.
Then the bed covers and blankets had to be stripped off the uncles bed. He got a chill and said it was freezing in his room so he pissed the bed. Luckily tina has all those protector pads on the mattress. I lowered the heat from 86 degrees to 70. He pushed the heat up last night because he heard it might rain, and he didn't want to get his shoulder pain.......

Tomorrow The kids are coming for sausage / meatballs and tomato sauce with spaghetti or macaroni's.

Dessert..... lots of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.....

161(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Good Grief!  I spent all afternoon messing around with tonight's supper.  I started prepping things for the salad as soon as I finished my salad for lunch and did a bit of this 'n that all afternoon.

Grilled Chicken Breast (bone-in, skin-on), summer squash sauteed with onions, lady peas with bacon and a cauliflower/pea/bacon salad.

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 07.11.15

Beth, the chicken looks really blackened and cooked good.

162(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, the chicken turned out good, although it was too moist for you. I let it rest for a good 10 minutes after I took it off the grill to allow the juices to resettle in it. The skin was seasoned with the Hungarian steak seasoning Barb taught me about ~ love the taste of it on just about any meat. The summer squash was cooked but not completely mushy as I often make it, still had some integrity and texture.

163(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Steaks, baked potato and a grilled artichoke for us tonight. Weather has been mild, about 77 here today. No dinner tomorrow 'cause DH and Roomie are going to the beach. I think I will make a seafood stew on Monday.

164(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cannot believe years ago, we watched this show " Car 54, Where Are You" ...w Fred Gwin
the tall guy who also played Herman in the Munsters.....
They are running a marathon this week end on the Decades Channel....

And to think, those episodes kept us glued to the tv set, and we actually laughed....Well, I did anyway.

165(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Do you remember Grindle? With Imogene Coca. That was on about the same time.

166(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:32 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Do you remember Grindle? With Imogene Coca. That was on about the same time.
No....not really, but I do know we watched Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca in the late 50's

167(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:58 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

The skin was seasoned with the Hungarian steak seasoning Barb taught me about ~ love the taste of it on just about any meat,,,,,,,

I saw 2 cans at Marshalls.I am using one and one now in my stash. lol

168(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I thought I would make Ina Garten's seafood chowder. The first step is making the stock which uses shrimp shells. I pulled out some frozen shrimp this morning to defrost, puttered around a bit and went back to bed for an hour. I got up and my shrimp were gone. I ask my DH "What happened to my shrimp"? He said "I cleaned them and put them in the fridge". "Did you throw away the shells"? "Yes".
I needed those shells. He said he was just trying to help. I know, but..... don't touch my stuff in the kitchen! I had to start all over again because the shells had been tossed into a nasty trash can.

169(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I feel your pain, Bugster. Ask before you 'help'.....then I'll gladly accept.

Don't mess with my stuff.

170(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Reminds me of a story mom told us.
Her brother in law worked in the coal mines, and after a day's work, he would come home, and bathe and relax in the what they called the reading chair under the reading lamp. He enjoyed reading the newspaper, and smoking one of his many pipes.

Well, my mom was there to help her sister clean, and she took all his what she thought dirty pipes, ans scraped all the caked inside burnt tobacco out, and washed them in soapy water.
When he got home from work the next day, he found the clean pipes, and cried. He explained to her, it took him years and years to get the pipes seasoned like that. She thought she was doing him of favor. LOL.... I feel his pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK.... same page here & saving paper...hahaha

Big pot of tomato sauce with sausage and meatballs is cooking. Gosh, it smells great.
Tina is skimming off the grease on top, and she went 17 miles to Anthony & Sons bakery to get Italian bread, and gigantic rigatoni's ..... from Abruzzi Italy!!...
I made and bagged the garden salad so it's ready to dump in a bowl and eat.....
I can't wait to eat.

171(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhh, Jimmy ~ TAKE PICS for me to see! ((Please))

172(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:55 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I saw collards (nice ones) at the store this week so that's what was on my 'menu-in-my-mind' list. I made a nice, tasty (fatty) grilled pork steak for me and a dry, boring loin chop for you-know-who. I used one of my 'was suppose to be hot' peppers with my packet potatoes. They just taste like a sweet pepper to me. And, thank heavens for Jiffy Mix. Love that cornbread muffin!

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 07.12.15

173(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Reminds me of a story mom told us.
Her brother in law worked in the coal mines, and after a day's work, he would come home, and bathe and relax in the what they called the reading chair under the reading lamp. He enjoyed reading the newspaper, and smoking one of his many pipes.

Well, my mom was there to help her sister clean, and she took all his what she thought dirty pipes, ans scraped all the caked inside burnt tobacco out, and washed them in soapy water.
When he got home from work the next day, he found the clean pipes, and cried. He explained to her, it took him years and years to get the pipes seasoned like that. She thought she was doing him of favor. LOL.... I feel his pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK.... same page here & saving paper...hahaha

Big pot of tomato sauce with sausage and meatballs is cooking. Gosh, it smells great.
Tina is skimming off the grease on top, and she went 17 miles to Anthony & Sons bakery to get Italian bread, and gigantic rigatoni's ..... from Abruzzi  Italy!!...
I made and bagged the garden salad so it's ready to dump in a bowl and eat.....
I can't wait to eat.

That poor man and his pipes. One time my mother was sick and in the hospital. My father's sister came to stay with us and got hold of my mom's cast iron skillet. She scrubbed and scoured all of the carbon seasoning off. My mom almost had to be hospitalized again after she saw what had happened.

174(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Ohhhh, Jimmy ~ TAKE PICS for me to see!  ((Please))

We took pics.... just cleaning up. will post when I get the pics developed at the drugstore at 1 Hr developing. bounce

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Tu8Shq

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 MKd8IN

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 J0R6nZ

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 HHSz8v

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 6BtddY

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 RFGnKj

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 HG9fDG

(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 DGMcaI

175(( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" - Page 7 Empty Re: (( July 2015 )) "What's For Dinner??" Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:53 pm

NormM

NormM

A friend told me she once spent half a day making stock, then poured it through a strainer to remove the solids. then she realized she forgot to put a bowl in the sink. All the stock went down the drain.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum