Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch" for (( JUNE- 2015 ))

+3
Imelda HL
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:Does anyone strain their yogurt?  I might be the only one who bought this gadget to do so but I like it 'cause the strainer strains in its own container with a top so it's easy for me to pop in the fridge for straining.

Yes and it is a mess. Boy I need one of those.Going to look it up.I make my own yogurt ,used to do it every 2 weeks but now it is once a month.lol.Plus I am ashamed to say I throw out the whey. I do not know what to do with it.???

I usually use it when making bread (I just count it as part of the liquid) but here's as link to 16 uses for it.  If you have a lot of it, you might find some of these useful:

http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2011/06/16-ways-to-use-your-whey.html

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:Yes and it is a mess. Boy I need one of those.Going to look it up.

Just read reviews of it on Amazon.  If you're currently draining it with cheesecloth, you're going to love this thing, Barb.  I don't have to drain the whey off prior to the end but then I only put in the recommended amount.  People say if you drain off some of the whey after a bit, you can squeeze more yogurt in the strainer to strain.

I also read homemade yogurt is sometimes thinner than store-bought so one woman puts a coffee filter in the strainer before putting her homemade stuff in there so it doesn't run through.  

Let me know if you get one, okay?  I really love mine and it's so much better for us than real cream cheese...

Barbara101

Barbara101

I make mine in my slow cooker.Firm but not greek.I use coffee filters and it takes forever because  my slowcooker is 6qt.Mess and you have to scrape the yogurt off the filter .

This is so funny.I am right now watching PBS test kitchen and this gal comes on and is pushing a Yogurt maker .Dash,it is red. makes 4 cups and has a strainer. think she said 45$. my slow cooker was under $20 lol.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Growing up and even in the Navy, I haven't heard of or knew what yogurt was. It wasn't until 1977-79 that I was hospitalized for IBS that I learned what it tasted like.
I used to have one or two in a months time; and it had to be only the peach kind with the pieces of the fruit in the bottom. It was the one with the cow face on the container. Sunnyfield maybe??? IDK. Oh!!....stonybrook maybe.

I don't like yogurt the way they make it today! I don't like it because it messes up my intestines.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy if you like it,make some.It is nothing like store bought.Plus it is so cheap to make.Cost of 1/2 gal of milk..I bought some on sale this week $1.57.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina likes it with strawberries or raspberries.

Barbara101

Barbara101

"Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch" for (( JUNE- 2015 ))  - Page 2 251305_10150221332351827_4079597_n

bacon,pimento and yellow heirloom on grain bread.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Holy Cow, you know what ....... that looks great! ummmmm

I just had a egg ham and cheese on a soft bagel toasted....

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Barbara101

Barbara101

"Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch" for (( JUNE- 2015 ))  - Page 2 11209663_486457268178601_7548287432194988266_n

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks good Barb.
Tina asked me if I wanted an English muffin, and I didn't stop her in time....and she ripped my muffin open. I, believe it or not, do NOT like nooks and crannies on my muffin.
I like them sliced flat with a sharp knife. Nooks and crannies hurt the roof of my mouth when I bite the muffin.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Looks good Barb.
Tina asked me if I wanted an English muffin, and I didn't stop her in time....and she ripped my muffin open. I, believe it or not, do NOT like nooks and crannies on my muffin.
I like them sliced flat with a sharp knife. Nooks and crannies hurt the roof of my mouth when I bite the muffin.

not if you slater with enough butter!!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Looks good Barb.

not if you slater with enough butter!!!

Does dripping off my chin, and fingers, mean there is enough butter??? LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

"Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch" for (( JUNE- 2015 ))  - Page 2 11401003_809805885762516_5319070932358142984_n

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nice start of the day. Love the dots of hot sauce on the dish!

Tina actually made ME home fries / eggs / and toast for breakfast.

Barbara101

Barbara101

"Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch" for (( JUNE- 2015 ))  - Page 2 Ww-egg-mcmuffin

egg-mcmuffin

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pasta Fagiole for lunch.

Nice cool, dark, cloudy day, but the bodies are with aches and pains...

Barbara101

Barbara101

"Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch" for (( JUNE- 2015 ))  - Page 2 Banana-nut-bread

Barbara101

Barbara101

"Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch" for (( JUNE- 2015 ))  - Page 2 11403472_490058037818524_4277140667196024209_n

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks good Barb. Did you cook the eggs on the sidewalk with all that heat down there?? hahahahahahah

Tina went to the bank earlier, and on the way back, she stopped at MacDonalds and picked up a sausage patty and egg on a muffin. Hit the spot for sure!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks good Barb. Did you cook the eggs on the sidewalk with all that heat down there?? hahahahahahah

nope lol My cool air vent is right over my range..  First time in my whole life I had to put refuse in my fridge affraid Trash pickup is in the early morning and I just did want to put grease and chicken inerds and bones and other stinky items out in the can.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Looks good Barb. Did you cook the eggs on the sidewalk with all that heat down there?? hahahahahahah

nope lol My cool air vent is right over my range..  First time in my whole life I had to put refuse in my fridge affraid Trash pickup is in the early morning and I just did want to put grease and chicken inerds and bones and other stinky items out in the can.

Dear Lord...whatever you do... 'DONT FORGET' to put it out for pickup. LOL
Thats why we throw all food scraps in the back yard at night, and by daybreak....all gone. Not a speck of food left.

cookingirl

cookingirl

Barbara, I live an in apartment with a dumpster on the property. If there is bad weather, or I do not feel like going out, I put the garbage in the refrigerator. I know a lot of my neighbors do that also. I wrap it in tin foil and put it in a ziplock bag. No mess, no issue at all. If really stinky--then it goes in the freezer. Then when I am are ready, we have a 'dumpster drop', as I like to say.

When I was younger and living with my parents, we had the old, garbage can in the ground..then it was once a week trash collection. The garbage was supposed to go in the trash. It was so stinky. We had an extra old refrigerator in the cellar. We used to put the garbage in washed put milk cartons, seal the top with masking tape and put it in the old freezer.

Years later, I was reading the newspaper, came across 'Hints from Heloise" (remember her?) and this was one of her hints...

Gotta get off line right now. The entire state of Massachusetts is under a tornado warning right now. Parts are under tornado watch. For me, Near the ocean it is a a warning until 11pm. I just saw some lightning along with thunder...no rain yet.
Some areas are having large hail right now..that is south of me...

On TV, they are saying there are several areas of 'hook' cell formation on radar....
so I will be going now....glad I had supper and watched the dishes

I will check in later....lots of storms on the ground and on the way....

NormM

NormM

My mom would wrap and freeze all her garbage until pick-up day.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

This is the house of "perpetual Garbage!"
I throw at least every day, one and sometimes two, thirteen gallon bags full into the big huge 94 gallon container from the refuse company. Let me tell you. They are packed in there tight too!

Barbara101

Barbara101

As much as I buy in grocerys and cook it,plus other non food items, you think I would have loads of trash,however I do not..In fact I could go 3 weeks to a month and then put out the can lol.That is why I told my neighbor to put her trash in my can. I put the trash in the can this morning and there was very little in it. If and when I clean this place out affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum