Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 ))

+4
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 16]

251"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Those legs are really a bargain.

252"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:26 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

yeah think I may make a second trip. Right next to the legs was a pile of organic whole chicken LMAO. size of a cornish hen and was $22. "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 652761166 "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 740269346

253"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We have a neighborhood patio party this afternoon so I've got an angelfood cake in the oven. I'm going to cut it into cubes and then skewer with strawberries ~ then drizzle with melted chocolate.

254"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I don't know what is happening for dinner. DH and roomie are going to the beach and after that to Walmart to pick up prescriptions. Roomie accidentally let her AARP prescription plan get cancelled so now she has to pay for all of her meds. One of them she had switched to generic because 1 months supply was $5000. I almost passed out and so did she. Now it is down to $150. Still expensive.

255"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Why doesn't she just get another plan?

256"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Dirk wanted fried fish, so instead of baking it, I deep fried it, we went out to get more oil, and here is my almost perfect fried fish, so far I had no luck in making battered fried fish, or chicken, mostly turned out soggy, I substituted beer with sprite and it was really good, the crust was so crunchy cheers

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 27_zpsxfpxa296

Dirk's, he made simple fish sandwich

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 26_zpsinwsmeq6

257"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

They won't let her enroll again until January. Same with Medicare. Can't do it until January. Obviously she needs someone to take control. We are going to try and do that by opening her mail at dinner and reading it. That is the problem: she doesn't open her mail. When we moved her out of her house I found cupboards drawers and bags full of unopened mail. Trash bags full. It looked like a hoarder. I went through all of it. I found gift certificates, checks and a letter from the IRS saying she owed $50,000. We took care of that. I bought her a debit card register so she could keep track of her money and I hoped she would. NOT! She needs a keeper and we are going to have to take control. I wish I could get her to clean her room and bathroom too. They both look like a hoarder lives there. DH says we can't ask her to do it and we can't do it because it will freak her out and she pays rent so she can do what she wants. I wish I had my house back but that isn't going to happen. She has no money and no place to go.

258"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's why there are social agencies, in every part of the country, with people who are trained to deal with the problems she has. If her area of your house is a mess then you have every right to see it is properly taken care of so you don't ALL end up being evicted from an unsafe house by the health department. Have you inspected the area for hidden insects or 'uninvited' guests?

Make calls and get a social worker, elderly advocate or some medical/mental health agency involved. You are doing a disservice to yourself as well as her by not insisting she be taken care of, whether by herself or someone capable of dealing with her.

259"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:Dirk wanted fried fish, so instead of baking it, I deep fried it, we went out to get more oil, and here is my almost perfect fried fish, so far I had no luck in making battered fried fish, or chicken, mostly turned out soggy, I substituted beer with sprite and it was really good, the crust was so crunchy cheers

Dirk's, he made simple fish sandwich

That fish looks fantastic! I wonder if the sugar in the Sprite helped cook 'faster' and crunchier than with the beer that could take longer to crisp up???

Curious....so glad it worked out for you.

260"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:02 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:That's why there are social agencies, in every part of the country, with people who are trained to deal with the problems she has.  If her area of your house is a mess then you have every right to see it is properly taken care of so you don't ALL end up being evicted from an unsafe house by the health department.  Have you inspected the area for hidden insects or 'uninvited' guests?

Make calls and get a social worker, elderly advocate or some medical/mental health agency involved.  You are doing a disservice to yourself as well as her by not insisting she be taken care of, whether by herself or someone capable of dealing with her.

There is no vermin or bugs but plenty of fur. My DH sneaks in and vacuums when she is gone. She doesn't notice. She will absolutely come unglued if we move things around. We have done that before and she freaked. Most of the problem is that she doesn't hang up her clothes and so there are piles everywhere. The second is the piles of mail and papers. It isn't dirty enough to have the authorities step in. The room is small and she has too much stuff in it. We have a 10 by 12 storage shed for her but it is full of her stuff. I don't know what the answer is. Her own family won't help. Her brother has a nice guest house but has not asked if she wants to live there. He saw how she lived in her last house and I guess doesn't want his property to look like that.

261"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote: Her own family won't help. Her brother has a nice guest house but has not asked if she wants to live there. He saw how she lived in her last house and I guess doesn't want his property to look like that.

Think about that last sentence.....

262"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ready to go to the patio party.....

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Strawberries%20amp%20Cake

263"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

How pretty that looks!

264"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 2453703928

265"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:00 pm

NormM

NormM

Bugster2 wrote:I don't know what is happening for dinner. DH and roomie are going to the beach and after that to Walmart to pick up prescriptions. Roomie accidentally let her AARP prescription plan get cancelled so now she has to pay for all of her meds. One of them she had switched to generic because 1 months supply was $5000. I almost passed out and so did she. Now it is down to $150. Still expensive.

Ever wonder why pharmaceutical research always finds with ways to treat what ails you as long as you pay for pills every month but don't seem to be able to come up with a cure? One pill for a week or so then it's done.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

266"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:That's why there are social agencies, in every part of the country, with people who are trained to deal with the problems she has.  If her area of your house is a mess then you have every right to see it is properly taken care of so you don't ALL end up being evicted from an unsafe house by the health department.  Have you inspected the area for hidden insects or 'uninvited' guests?

Make calls and get a social worker, elderly advocate or some medical/mental health agency involved.  You are doing a disservice to yourself as well as her by not insisting she be taken care of, whether by herself or someone capable of dealing with her.

Been there done that.Hardest job I ever had with no thanks. I will never ever do it again.I will not give up my peace of mine for anyone.Or for money.Well maybe  for a million ha.

267"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth that cake looks great "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 3593629538

268"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I have a ring of fresh kielbasi cooking in the electric skillet, with onions. I will let that simmer till all the onions caramelize.

Today, I prepped like 40 City Chicken for tomorrows meal. The kids love it, and they are all breaded and ready to fry tomorrow for 5 pm dinner.
I will do mashed potatoes...... gravy, and our home made apple sauce to eat the city chix with. I guess corn and broccoli as a veggie.

I did 30 with pork & veal....and 10 with just pork for DD's BF. He does not eat veal!

Snow is all melted on the streets and sidewalks now. Yesterday we had 4 inches of snow, and now it's going away. "Poor Frosty The Snow man!" LOL

269"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 11059974_774731585936613_4566953347004965855_n

Fish taco

270"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Did you copy Imelda's idea???

Actually, fish sounds great. Love the yellow rice, too.

271"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I have a ring of fresh kielbasi cooking in the electric skillet, with onions. I will let that simmer till all the onions caramelize.

Today, I prepped like 40 City Chicken for tomorrows meal. The kids love it, and they are all breaded and ready to fry tomorrow for 5 pm dinner.
I will do mashed potatoes...... gravy, and our home made apple sauce to eat the city chix with. I guess corn and broccoli as a veggie.

I did 30 with pork & veal....and 10 with just pork for DD's BF. He does not eat veal!

Snow is all melted on the streets and sidewalks now. Yesterday we had 4 inches of snow, and now it's going away. "Poor Frosty The Snow man!" LOL

Gee, Jimmy...you're getting my mouth waterin' for some sausage with onions & peppers. Dane won't eat the onions & peppers but that doesn't mean I can't make it for me.

FORTY City Chicken??? Geeze, Louise! That's a lot of work.

272"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:21 pm

NormM

NormM

I tried the pastrami recipe Jimmy posted.  There was almost nothing left after dinner. I also had sweet potatoes, pretzel bread and a salad called Even Men Love This Salad.  Charlie said the salad was OK.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 DSCN2427_zpsofodczkv

273"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:41 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Golly, Norm....you were 'WARNED'! LOL

Wonderful when a recipe you think is good is passed on and others enjoy it as much as you do. It feels like you've done a service to mankind!

Your meal looks fabulous.

Bet you'll be trolling the grocery aisles looking for 'on sale' corned beef briskets to put in the freezer so you can make this same meal every couple months for the kids. Since the traditional corned beef meal is one of Cassie's favorites, I'll bet she absolutely loved this one.

I wonder how it would be if Charlie used it to make his Banh Mi sandwiches with this as the meat ?? Maybe it would pair nicely with the pickled vegetables (the best part of the sandwich).

274"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:32 am

NormM

NormM

Around here when corned beef goes on sale, it is usually marked down from 6.99/lb to 5.99. I will keep an eye out for some on sale though. I could also make some corned beef. I age it in those sealing bags and freeze it that way too.

Cassis did like it a lot. She said it was as good as the ones I make.

The Bahn Mi idea is a good one. I will tell Charlie about it. I think it went well with the candied fruit and toasted nuts I put in the salad. Charlie did make a sandwich with the pastrami and the pretzel bread as diner.

275"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 11 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Cb is never on sale here. Picked up one to look at it yesterday. It was $24.!!!!! Ha I will buy a rib roast for that money. Or bunch of steaks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum