Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 ))

+4
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

1"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Laughing Another month into the year ....and more cooking / eating !!!

Tonight...Tina has a pot of BBQ'd Hot Dogs cooking slowly.

She made a small batch of macaroni salad...and I made the cole slaw the other day. Yesterday I think? ...

Have tons of Archway Chocolate and Oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert.
Time to cook up a batch of rice crispy treats. Gosh I love those things. Surprised

It's snowing out now, and looking out the window we are looking at food recipes and sites with food on our computers.

2"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm off to make a 'feast' for 7 from our party leftovers. We're having a Greek/Chinese/Mish-Mash meal ~ a little of this, a little of that....you all know how it goes.

3"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) IMG_1796

making egg rolls is a PIA.so much easier to buy them.

4"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had BBQ'd hot dogs that Tina made.
Hot dogs slit in half lengthwise...a whole package, and celery katchup water onions worchester whatever sauce...brown sugar...all cooked down slow on the stovetop. It turns into a dark BBQ sauce and the hot dogs are a dark brown, and absorbed with flavors. I had two, and some without a bun. "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) 3921676023

Macaroni Salad...and Cole Slaw...

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) JgiPj6

Two pumpkin pies are cooling in the back room. I will make whipped cream in the whipit cream maker / dispenser.
Good for later as we look out the window at the snow. We got 3 inches already, and so, more would be welcome. It gives us more of an appetite. "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) 3921676023

5"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We are having leftover chicken marsala.

Just had some work done on my computer and the idiot lost all of my favorites. I couldn't remember the name of this site and then I thought of looking in my deleted email. Found the address! Trouble is that I just got a popup ad. I never had those before. I hope it is just a freak thing and I don't have to have tech help to stop them.

6"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I'm off to make a 'feast' for 7 from our party leftovers.  We're having a Greek/Chinese/Mish-Mash meal ~ a little of this, a little of that....you all know how it goes.

Beth... Mom (rest her soul ) used to take the porcelain drip pan in the bottom of the oven broiler tray, and put whatever leftovers, on that tray....or saved TV dinner trays that she scrubbed for re-use.
THAT was dinner. In the oven it went for 20 minutes or so, and She would place the tray on the PIG shaped wooden cutting board right in the middle of the table....and we all filled our dishes from that. No such thing as micro wave back in the 50's / early 60's.

7"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:We are having leftover chicken marsala.

Just had some work done on my computer and the idiot lost all of my favorites. I couldn't remember the name of this site and then I thought of looking in my deleted email. Found the address! Trouble is that I just got a popup ad. I never had those before. I hope it is just a freak thing and I don't have to have tech help to stop them.

Oh No!... Your favorites in in there in files somewhere. Happened to me once, and I found it. I think I had to send it to Favorites bar.??? I think... pale

8"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Have to put this here. My pos laptop in for repair again !!! So I am using my phone . I do not have access to my photobucket pics ? Maybe Thursday . Wings on the grill tonight . Almost 80 today .

9"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugs my lt is all messed up Firefox just took it over and removed my ad block so I now have loads of those stupid ads. It is slow and will not let any of my favs open . Being fixed right now

10"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/where-did-my-favorites-list-go-my-history-and/438a2fb7-b18a-42f4-98a6-d39bfdf0bd15

Try some of the stuff here. About the 9th one poster down it explains how to look for them in the files.

11"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just call my computer 'guru' friend and she comes over and fixes that junk. I don't have a clue what she does or how she does it.....don't care as long as she stops what I don't like.

12"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/where-did-my-favorites-list-go-my-history-and/438a2fb7-b18a-42f4-98a6-d39bfdf0bd15

Try some of the stuff here. About the 9th one poster down it explains how to look for them in the files.

Thanks Jimmy but my history has been wiped off the computer. the tech said so. No way to get it back. I can't believe they did that to me.

13"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/where-did-my-favorites-list-go-my-history-and/438a2fb7-b18a-42f4-98a6-d39bfdf0bd15

Thanks Jimmy but my history has been wiped off the computer. the tech said so. No way to get it back. I can't believe they did that to me.

Sh..ucks.... that rots!...
That's why I do a backup disc every month. It preserves all my stuff.

14"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I do believe I will do that now with my husbands external hard drive if he will let me.

15"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Goodness Gracious....we were SO hungry for a 'low & slow' cooked OVEN pot roast.....even though it was in the 80's today, I had a pot roast in the oven.

OMG - so, SO good. We're both stuffed, but it's a good kind of 'stuffed'....full and satisfied!

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) 03.02.15

16"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had hail today. Unusual for us. The sky is clear blue now.

17"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:We had hail today. Unusual for us. The sky is clear blue now.

What a hail of a day that must have been!..... lol!

18"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ok so weird . On my phone when I click on Beth pic it goes right to her photobucket ha . Not mine ? Looks great.

19"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Would you believe....No Real Supper today.
I said to Tina,"What the hail is that sh_tuff?

She has 3 ribs that DD brought over from the market deli, and she couldn't tear the meat off the bones. Animals get them now!

I wolfed down a cheese sandwich of Land O Lakes yellow American folded in between a hot dog roll.
I guess we are in a food warp today. I did enough exercise with shoveling snow, and running the snow blower, and still no appetite, or wish for anything special.

I suggested tomorrow Tina make split pea and ham soup. A nice ring of fresh kielbasi cooked slow and caramelized with onions. That leaves me off the hook for being the cook tomorrow1

I will do breakfast. Sausage patty's and eggs....with a side of pancakes.

20"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:59 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

You plans for tomorrow sound wonderful, Jimmy. Glad you 'made do' with a cheese sandwich to tide you over.....

Barb, how strange you zipped off to the land of Beth's photo bucket account. Sure am glad I don't keep anything there I wouldn't want to share! LOL

21"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:17 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You plans for tomorrow sound wonderful, Jimmy.  Glad you 'made do' with a cheese sandwich to tide you over.....

Barb, how strange you zipped off to the land of Beth's photo bucket account.  Sure am glad I don't keep anything there I wouldn't want to share!  LOL

We just finished the cheese and tomato griddled over the flame of the gas stovetop, in one of those camping griddled cheese / pie makers. OMG SOooooo! Goood! .... The edges come out crispy, and the cheese Ooozes out as we bite the edge. Have to be careful because that bubbly hot cheese will put a welt on the lips. God forbid we should burn our mouths, and not be able to eat much! LOL

A few rice crispy treats would go nice right now, but there are none.
I have to nudge Tina to get more rice crispy's and marshmallows tomorrow when she goes shopping.

22"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think I pulled the last of the stuffed cabbage casseroles out of the freezer. This one was the best...it had the 'baby' size stuffed leaves. I like when there's more cabbage and less filling. I thought about making mashed potatoes to go with the rolls but then changed my mind and thought it was silly to waste the oven heat, so baked potatoes it was! The best part is the potato skin.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) 03.03.15

23"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I think I pulled the last of the stuffed cabbage casseroles out of the freezer.  This one was the best...it had the 'baby' size stuffed leaves.  I like when there's more cabbage and less filling.  I thought about making mashed potatoes to go with the rolls but then changed my mind and thought it was silly to waste the oven heat, so baked potatoes it was!  The best part is the potato skin.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) 03.03.15

They look delicious Beth. We came close to having that today, but the pea soup over ruled. Tina never made the kielbasi.
Maybe tomorrow??.....

Right now...I am having a sausage and cheese egg McMuffin. Breakfast for dinner..... yum.

Tina and Gabe had chicken from a store rotisserie in a bag. Ugh!

24"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

My Egg McMuffin I made with sausage patty's egg & Cheese on a toasted English.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) A2OShD

Then Mommy Tina made Italian Biscotti.... 1/2 Vanilla flavor, and 1/2 Anisette flavored. I like the Anisette ones!!

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) OYVl1N

Didn't get any pics of the chicken. Geeze, I wonder why? What a Face

25"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:53 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

AND.... Guess what?
Dessert after Dessert..... Yep! Tina made a 13 x 9 pan of Rice crispy treats.
That last pan she made a few days ago??? .... We forgot if it was too sweet, so Tina made another pan to test them out! ..... It's Like "Tina and Jimmy's Test Kitchen".
And the kids say, Yeah Mom and Dad, And soon we will change the sign to... "Jim and Tina's Fat Camp!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum