Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014

+5
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
cookingirl
Crybaby
Imelda HL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

326DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:29 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:I brought home some leftover turkey, mostly bone and dark meat ( no white meat for me Razz  ), so I made soup with it, added 1 cup of brown rice, some chopped celery, carrots, a bit of ginger, and some napa cabbage just before I turned off my stove, oh I added eggs too, I let them whole, like poached eggs, garnish with fried onions and green onions

today I roasted a Cornish Hen, I skewed this poor little guy on my  rotisserie rack, I rubbed my chicken with butter + lemon + garlic + rosemary, salt and pepper, it was so good. so juicy and tender

with steamed asparagus, steamed yam and fresh baked Italian bread

Italian bread

Imelda - it all looks SO good. I love the idea of adding a whole egg to soup. Mr. Amazing would turn up his nose to it, I know, but with the 'just wilted' napa....well, to me, that sounds like a heavenly combination. I've got to remember to try that one of these days.

And I don't think you could ruin the upright roasted chicken if you tried. It always comes out tender AND crispy all at the same time. That's one beautiful meal.

327DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:42 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:The Tetrazzini I made didn't have cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms. It had mushrooms, butter, cream, milk, flour and chicken stock.  I used dry sherry instead of Marsala.  I like the idea of Alfredo.  I think I need to punch mine up.  I had put together a really good one but lost it.  I had a can of cream of mushroom soup but didn't use it because Cassie LOVES green bean casserole and I used it to make another batch.  The one I made Sat. is already gone.

Do you know the story behind Chicken Tetrazzini?  It was invented in San Francisco and named after one of the most famous opera singers of the early part of the last century.  She was said to have both an astounding girth and voice and loved pasta of any kind.

I do remember reading the story of Tetrazzini....love finding out how some dishes came to be. Like Caesar Salad and Peach Melba, etc., or even the story about how Buffalo wings came to be. Fun stuff.

The recipe I use (and posted) seemed to be one we really like. It was easy and the addition of the creamed soup and store made Alfredo just made it more time manageable to just throw together, especially since I was making it to break down to 2-serving freezer packs most of the time. I don't think I've ever made it into a one-casserole meal to serve to 6 or 7 people at once. And the addition of Sherry instead of Marsala is one I've done...different taste but both just as good with the addition of the fortified wine.

We went to friends' last night for cocktails & snacks before all going to the Town Center to watch the lighting of the Christmas Tree. The place was packed but everyone had a great time. There was singing & dancing & performers galore. They even handed out little candles w/wind covers so everyone in the crowd had a light to shine. It amazes me no one was set on fire.....Hahahahaha

328DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:52 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Won't they get mushy?  Like when you freeze the noodles in the soup broth?

I think I'd prefer the stuffing dumplings frozen apart from the soup and then reheated in the toaster oven to crisp up the edges before dropping them into the reheated broth.....just thinkin' out loud here....

The dumplings are bound together with egg. I know that with my stuffing they have never been mushy but once I tried making them with Stovetop stuffing and they disintegrated into the soup and I tossed the whole pot. The mix was 1 egg to 1 cup of leftover stuffing.

329DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:55 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I never got to make the soup or tetrazzini (how the hell to you spell it?). My DH did a sandwich raid on the leftovers and made several turkey and dressing sandwiches and all of the leftovers were gone.

330DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:I never got to make the soup or tetrazzini (how the hell to you spell it?). My DH did a sandwich raid on the leftovers and made several turkey and dressing sandwiches and all of the leftovers were gone.

Hahahaha! I'm sorry, but that has happened to me more than once! You go to bed thinking of all the wonderful dishes you are hungry for that you will make from the leftovers and when you wake up all you find is a mess in the kitchen....

You'll just have to roast another turkey and hope he gets sick of it.

331DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made my turkey stock from the leftover carcass and had it in the refrigerator ~ decided it was time to get it made into soup.

So, turkey noodle soup for supper.  You've all seen the pics a bunch of times before.  Always looks the same....

DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 120214

OK, so I lied.....I couldn't resist the pic. I love soup ~ so easy and you can change it up if you want to.

332DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I Cooked! affraid DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 3267860543

Nothing that great but good all the same.I made rice in the ricemaker. Packet of chicken gravy & pan fried/roasted chicken breast..

ahhh.. DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 3470128989

333DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good for you, Barb....no, seriously, I mean GOOD for you - food is good for you.

334DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ms Kat ate too. lol  cat

335DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:01 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Whoops.... Barb & I don't know what month it is!

Guess we shoulda thought about the fact we were posting December meals in the November thread. Barb's not been feeling well ~ but what's MY problem???

LOL

336DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:34 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Heck I don't even know what day it is much less month. Suspect

337DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: DINNER... NOVEMBER, 2014 Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:15 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to tell you that you missed a good part of the month of November!

LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum