Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

In egg salad, I like a little onion (but must be minced very fine), and celery minced medium.
I also like the eggs mashed fine. A trick I use, is a pastry cutter to use on the HB eggs with no mayo or dressing. It just pushes through, and a tap tap on the bowl side, drops all the eggs off the pastry cutter. A quick rinse in sudsy water, and it's clean...1...2...3...

Tina does not like celery or onion in egg salad. If I make it for her taste, I add just a pinch of onion powder.
Tina likes the eggs just diced.

I have trouble with that. I don't like eggs sliding around inside my mouth looking for a tooth to mash it. LOL...
I'm a Bite...3 chew; and swallow kind of egg salad eater...

NORM.... Ya got me thinking now, about some tuna and egg salad for night time snack food.

27BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:59 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane got home about 7:00 pm last night. I was gone and out on a 'road trip' with my two Toledo friends....whoops! I didn't think he'd get here before 8 so I figured I had plenty of time to get home.

So, this morning I fixed him a couple eggs for breakfast....just trying to be nice for a change.

lol

28BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Cobb

leftover cobb salad.

29BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lunch was a meatloaf sandwich on rye (with a bit of MW) and a handful of chips.....

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Lunch082114

30BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Lunch was a meatloaf sandwich on rye (with a bit of MW) and a handful of chips.....

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Lunch082114

B?eth ... what it MW?

31BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The theys, others, thems, are having a store roasted chicken....

nothing for me yet.

not hungry.

32BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
B?eth ... what it MW?

ah,,,,,,,Miracle Whip. my favorite for sandwiches

33BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
B?eth ... what it MW?

ah,,,,,,,Miracle Whip.  my favorite for sandwiches

OK...... now my brain loosened up...

We have a jar that Tina is supposed to make some kind of cake with.
We use Mayo...but as a kid, mom did use MW.
Tina never liked it, she said it tastes too vinegary.  lol! 

34BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

usually people say it's too sweet.

But, hey, it's a "salad dressing"....NOT mayonnaise.

They both have their place ~ at least if you grew up with Miracle Whip as your sandwich topper.

35BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:usually people say it's too sweet.

But, hey, it's a "salad dressing"....NOT mayonnaise.

They both have their place ~ at least if you grew up with Miracle Whip as your sandwich topper.

Yeah, Right! and then there was the (this had been mentioned a little while ago ) Sandwich Spread, with the little pickles in it! We ate that on Bologna Sandwiches.

36BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It was even better on FRIED bologna sandwiches!  (with mushy when warm white sandwich bread....)

37BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

ok.... aNOTHER gOOD dAY...Ooops except for caps on. hahaha

Tina had scrambled eggs with onions abd tomatoes fried and sweated down first before adding the eggs.

I had ( brunch at 1:15 pm )  a fried egg over hard with lots of black pepper, and cheese and two slices of fried pork roll (Taylor Ham ) on a toasted Thomas' English Muffin. Just One! Ha!

They are shrnking the muffins now too!

Tina picked up a bottle of syrup sugar free, and you should see how small they made the plastic squeeze bottle.
It's getting to the point where you will have to ask for i.e. A large bottle of Milk or a Small one.
A Large loaf of bread, or a Small bread. It's getting ridiculous out there.

Tina bought a Sarah Lee Pound Cake a few weeks ago, and it was marked 12 Oz's on the foil loaf container. Geeze.... can't even get a Lb (16Oz.= Pound ) Cake anymore!

38BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 005-4

39BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nice! ....

Tina made me scrambled eggs with cheese... and whole wheat toast.
She made those P-bury little rolls, but I wanted the whole wheat.
She is having eggs over easy with The Rolls.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum