Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

his brunch today.. I can't remember when the last time I made "full breakfast" like this  Razz 

those Chorizo sausage ( pork links) were sooo goood

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST 2-7

2BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

ohhhh, so good looking! Bet Dirk was a happy guy!

3BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda's eggs fried with crystal crisp at the edges, is how I like MY eggs. There is something about the egg edge flavor that tastes so good.

This morning will be waffles from my yeast raised overnight batter.
Gabe had his already because he cannot wait for the rest to come home from church. He is a diabetic, and he has to eat on time.

4BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, I watched an Asian cooking program a long time ago. The hostess said that's the way they like their fried eggs.....they use oil in a hot wok and the edges get all crispy. They do not, as a rule, do an 'easy over' style, preferring the style of 'sunny side up' instead. Oh, and they also like to sprinkle their eggs with hot pepper sauce.

just some of that useless trivia that sticks in your brain....

lol

5BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, I watched an Asian cooking program a long time ago.  The hostess said that's the way they like their fried eggs.....they use oil in a hot wok and the edges get all crispy.  They do not, as a rule, do an 'easy over' style, preferring the style of 'sunny side up' instead.  Oh, and they also like to sprinkle their eggs with hot pepper sauce.  

just some of that useless trivia that sticks in your brain....

lol

Yeah!.... the oil (Bacon Grease the best ) has to be hot and lmost to the smoke point. I hit that oil with the egg, and *pow @ zam * spat...it fizzled and splashed; and as I stood away, and my forehead got stung with spatter, I waited and flipped it over briefly. I purposly broke the yolk, and so it finished cooking quickly.

Bacon and cheese after I took the stove hot egg out, and on a W R O N G Bun. @$$ I was; because there was a huge 4 day old kaiser roll I didn't want to waste.

It was too big and too thick even after I lightly toasted it.
It would have been tastier on smaller / thinner bread, but I wolfed it down.

That crispy edge and browned krisp bottom of the egg was SOoooo Tasty.
A two egg would have been better, but I am not a 2 egg sandwich eater.

Tina gets these ham egg and cheese on a bagel, and they always give two eggs. I wind up slipping one egg off, and Tina eats it on toast.

When I get the egg at the bagel shoppe, I tell them,"oNLY oNE eGG please, and they say,"Oh we give two eggs" .... I tell them, "I will Pay for the Two, but Do Not Place it on my sandwich!" I don't care what you do with it, but I Do Not Want It! ..... At one point I told the girl, Push it Back in the Chicken!" Please!
What is it that they do not understand??? I don't want a discount. I just want ..O N E (1) EGG! Period!

It is Very Hard to bite through a Bagel, and if there are two sliding slippery eggs, It becomes a messy eating experience. It squishes out of the bagel.  Mad 

6BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Did it again..Oatmeal at 9:30. Here I am hungry at 11:15.  affraid Can I hold off till at least noon.. I hope so. Note to self... take out bacon from the freezer.Then have bacon,eggs,maybe rye toast tomorrow.

7BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:47 pm

NormM

NormM

I have noticed how unfilling oatmeal is. I always get hungry shortly after eating it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

8BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

LOTS OF BACON!!!

Gawd, but I love being an adult all alone in my house ~ or even when Dane is here with me.

I get to eat as much bacon as I want. I don't feel guilty about it. (I don't do it all that often....) And I LOVE every single bite of it!

9BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:31 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:LOTS OF BACON!!!

Gawd, but I love being an adult all alone in my house ~ or even when Dane is here with me.

I get to eat as much bacon as I want.  I don't feel guilty about it.  (I don't do it all that often....)  And I LOVE every single bite of it!

Every time I see a pile of bacon, I think of one day in school (3rd grade)

Robert Snyder was late for school. He walked in, and the teacher wnted to know why he was late. Well.... The class room roared with laughter.
He said he was frying bacon for breakfast, and the grease spilled on him.
The teacher said,"How much bacon did you fry?" He said,"The whole pound!"

The beauty of the incident, was his shirt on the entire chest, was coated with you could swear, a cup pf bacon grease, and it was clouded because it was cold outside. The teacher clearly knew he was not lying, and he smelled like Oscar Mayer bacon.
The teacher, and everyone could not figure out, why he didn't change his shirt.
I guess he had no time.
The classroom sure did smell good.

The whole poop and scoop, was the teacher didn't even ask him if he burned himself. She could have cared less.  No 

BTW... NOW, I gotta have a bacon sandwich. I fry it and refrigerate it for frequent use. L O V E Bacon!

10BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Margheritafrittatajpg

Margherita Frittata. Eggs,fresh mozz,roasted leftover plum tomato's..Lunch..

11BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hmmm, pizza with an egg crust.....

call it what you will, looks good to me!

I've had eggs & toast or sausage gravy on biscuits for the last few days for breakfast ~ nothing exciting, nothing interesting.

12BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

An All-American Lunch....and one of my favorites.

(this week's splurge was all-beef hot dogs from Fresh Market)

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Lunch080914

13BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:01 pm

NormM

NormM

Ach, ein American frankfurter mit sauerkraut auf brot.  Is that Dusseldorf mustard? Smile

14BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

maybe I shoulda just stuck with making myself an apple pie??

LOL

I almost had something else for lunch and then I was going to have the hot dog for supper with a pan of German potato salad....

(you're on to me, Norm!)

15BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I wanna know one thing!!

Why is it, and what is the purpose, in squirting the mustard on in a wavy pattern on the hot dog??

I prefer my mustard ( on a hot dog ) to be layed on straight. Oh! And no mustard on the ends.

16BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST 2876911673 Beth likes to make her dogs fancy. BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST 266346835 

I like mine ugly & burned .. BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST 2876911673 

I am more impressed that she only ate a handful of chips.I can not buy chips. I would eat the whole bag.

17BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST 2876911673 Beth likes to make her dogs fancy. BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST 266346835 

I like mine ugly & burned .. BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST 2876911673 

I am more impressed that she only ate a handful of chips.I can not buy chips. I would eat the whole bag.

It's funny you should say hot dogs burnt. That's the way I like em too.
I used to just throw them on the hot charcoals until they burned.
I called them "Crematory Dogs". hahahahaha

Same with baked potatoes... Burned skins...oh so good!

18BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:49 pm

NormM

NormM

I put mine on the bottom.

19BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I put mine on the bottom.

Norm... I don't know what it is, but I can eat only max three hot dogs boiled or just grilled, but burn't .... I could eat 5 easily, and after some beer, baybe two more. That's it though. No salads and or corn or anything else to eat. Just Hot Dogs.

20BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I wanna know one thing!!

Why is it, and what is the purpose, in squirting the mustard on in a wavy pattern on the hot dog??

I prefer my mustard ( on a hot dog ) to be layed on straight. Oh! And no mustard on the ends.

Because it looks 'pretty'.....hahahahaha

that, AND, my hand was shaking when it started to squirt so I didn't want it to look messy.

21BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I wanna know one thing!!

Because it looks 'pretty'.....hahahahaha

that, AND, my hand was shaking when it started to squirt so I didn't want it to look messy.

My son squiggles on the mustard. Then, he follows it with a squiggle of ketchup.

Sorry to hear you got the shakes. Maybe you need a couple of drinks kid!

I was next door this morning helping find a leak on one of his truck tires, and I had no coffee yet. Would you believe I had the hand shakes like crazy.
I had a coffee, and the shakes subsided.

22BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's hotter than blazes outside and what do I get hungry for?

SOUP

Geesh, what a dumb thing to want to eat!  But, since it's just me, I can indulge myself.

I put all my favorite things into a pot of chicken stock ~ potatoes, carrots, corn, onions, celery, kale, bacon and red pepper flakes.  I'll finish my serving with some half & half.

The rest I'll put into containers in the freezer.  Dane won't eat it (KALE.....ewwww!  lol) so I'll just use all the 8 oz. containers I've got and then when I want some all I'll have to do is reheat and add some cream.  The kale is MY favorite part.

BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Lunch081014

This was SO good. I don't care what the weather.....it's always a good day for soup.

23BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made myself and egg salad sandwich for lunch.

OK, show of hands:

Who always adds lots of celery in their egg salad?

24BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:49 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie does not like celery so i don't get as much of it as before but I do like it in my egg and tuna salads. That gives me an idea for lunch too.

25BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH.. AUGUST Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

do not like or buy much celery but egg salad sounds good. I have given up bread till my ## get right. egg salad or tuna salad stuffed in a big ole tomato. yum....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum