Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My grandaughter is coming to visit

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My grandaughter is coming to visit Empty My grandaughter is coming to visit Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:29 am

JanaAZ

I'm so excited. My granddaughter is coming to visit for a few weeks. I haven't seen her since her mom passed away. She loves to cook and has a list of 15 things she wants to make. Unfortunately it will be 114 in Phx today and tomorrow so there won't be much cooking for a few days. She wants to bake, too. Not gonna happen!!!

I'm waiting to see her list so I can figure out what we will and will not make. Hopefully the temps will drop soon because it will be warm in the mountains, too, when it's that hot in Phx.

One thing we are going to do is make an album with photos of her mom's life. I started collecting photos already and we're going to scan them in and write a little blurb about each picture. I don't have very many from her adult life since she got ill at a pretty early age, but I spoke to her friend who is going to scan in some photos from recent times and even took a photo a few days before she passed. I think it's going to be cathartic for us both.

2My grandaughter is coming to visit Empty Re: My grandaughter is coming to visit Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:43 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

That is so nice. I bought a new range not long ago.Has the biggest oven out there. I will be glad when fall gets here so I can use it.lol I use my toaster over so much now.Found out it works great. Makes lousy toast tho..

3My grandaughter is coming to visit Empty Re: My grandaughter is coming to visit Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

So happy for you, Judy! I'm spending the week with my grandson & granddaughter ~ we're having so much fun. Of course, when I took them to the grocery store to pick up a couple things they begged for a special 'treat'…….Chicken Ramen Noodles!

Ewwww. But, hey, if that's what they want, why not? I'm only here once or twice a year now. Their mom (DD #1) cooks such healthy and tasty meals, it's almost laughable that HER children's favorite snack is a 10 cent pack of Ramen Noodles.

Have a great time creating captions for your pics. Make sure you include some of your daughter's favorite phrases or just plain silly stuff. And don't worry, she'll be at your back urging you and her daughter on. Neat project and one I'm sure she would love.

4My grandaughter is coming to visit Empty Re: My grandaughter is coming to visit Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:45 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

enjoy your quality time with your grand daughter Jana..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum