Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JUNE... What's for Dinner.

+5
Bugster2
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

226JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am sick of cooking.  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 2787578702 I am sick of cleaning the kitchen from cooking.Carry out sounds pretty good,except I would have to go get it.I am sick of coming up with recipes & what to fix.

The good thing is I do have to put up with anyone's wishes & I do not like that.I do not want that.Oh fix anything I don't care.
Not a fan of frozen dinners . Boxed food.Canned food.So back to cooking.

Wish I could eat a bowl of cereal & call it a day....

227JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds like a cooking 'funk' to me.

Have a couple scrambled eggs and you'll feel better in the morning.

We all get it once in a while.

228JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Gee, Jimmy, IF there's a knock on the door, it'll be me wanting to sit down to have a bit of both!

Sounds great to me.

Don't have to knock!...Just walk right in.

I had the two fillet steaks and spaghetti.

I am full....

229JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've had a crappy bout of allergy for the last couple days. The palms are spewing out all kinds of pollen or something. Some nasal congestion and a bunch of unproductive coughing. Happens about twice a year, only lasts a few days, then it's over. But I got no sleep last night. Every time I dropped off I'd start to cough and then I was awake again.

I can't wait to get tired enough to take a nap this afternoon. I just want a few hours sleep.

I pulled one of my cut-in-half chuck roasts out of the freezer and did a microwave thaw. I seasoned and seared it and now it's in the little crock pot with onion, carrots, potatoes & mushrooms. I want comfort food. But I don't want to mess around. Since it was still a little frosty in the middle I figure I'll just leave it on high until it's well done and everything is falling apart.

And I plan to make gravy! Man, I am SO hungry for gravy poured over it all.

230JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth... are you running the A/C cooling?   That will help

Plus benadril is good antihistamine to take..

231JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I had to get my strips & some refills on my meds.Cat food,I swear that cat is so spoiled.She will not eat any dry food.I bought publix brand 3oz size,she tried to cover it up lol I had to get some friskies.When I walked in the store so nice & cool.I was not in there 15 minutes & got so freaking hot.I only had english muffins ,I found some with both top & bottom the same size  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 2876911673 JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 2876911673 Buns for sabratt franks & could not find the long ones..
I had to leave.No other food was bought.Dinner????? hot dogs maybe..

232JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Beth... are you running the A/C cooling?   That will help

Plus benadril  is good antihistamine to take..

Yes, the a/c is on. Dane hates it if I try to put it below 80° so that's where it stays, but it does take the moisture out of the air. Antihistamines don't agree with me so usually I just try to soothe my throat with ice water. I do end up taking a vicodin when it gets really bad (the codeine stops my coughing) but I wait until I can't stand it before taking it. I just don't like taking meds.

233JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

it's 82º out, and humid. I have the central cooling set at 76º to keep it dry.
Uncle Gabe is ccold. I told tina to get out his wnter coat, because I cannot take it above 76.

Tina is having soup for supper... Gabe is gonna have a fish dinner, and I am gonna make some fried peppers, and make sandwiches with them; with provalone cheese on top the peppers.

I could roast the peppers on the grill, but they taste much better fried in cooking oil.

234JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Beth... are you running the A/C cooling?   That will help

Plus benadril  is good antihistamine to take..

Yes, the a/c is on.  Dane hates it if I try to put it below 80° so that's where it stays, but it does take the moisture out of the air.  Antihistamines don't agree with me so usually I just try to soothe my throat with ice water.  I do end up taking a vicodin when it gets really bad (the codeine stops my coughing) but I wait until I can't stand it before taking it.  I just don't like taking meds.  

Beth.. try soothing your throat by drinking fruit infused water.. I have terrible cough since I got back, beside taking cough medicine, I drank that a lot.. I have the pitcher, but you can always put all the fruits in a regular pitcher and let them chill in your fridge.. lemon, peaches, mango or pineapple or whatever fruits load with Vit C, I added a bit of salt.. so refreshing and it's over 3 digits here  sunny 

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 DSCN9121

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 DSCN9122

235JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That looks really refreshing, Imelda. Sometimes I make cucumber water to keep in the refrigerator. It's so refreshing when it's hot out.

But last night it was the crappy ice I had in the house. The ice maker in the refrigerator in the kitchen went 'KA-PUT' on Sunday and Dane couldn't get it to work. The water just stopped entering the thing. SO......he ran the water line through the wall to the refrigerator in the garage. Which works well.

EXCEPT the water lines need to be flushed for a while longer before they are clear enough to use. There is no water filter that we can find (the instructions say IF there is a filter it is located inside the refrigerator.....all we have is a plate on the spot and no filter). I ran pitchers and pitchers of water through the line and I still get a small amount of sediment. Ewwwww. Won't drink that. Won't use the ice.

It all tastes nasty.

So, today I went to the store and bought some beautifully clear and clean ice. I should have done that on Sunday.

My cough will stop. It's just because of the pollen. Maybe I'll go burn down a couple palm trees in the middle of the night tonight......

ANYWAY ~ ~ ~ I did get my comfort meal:

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 062514

236JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:07 pm

NormM

NormM

I thought I posted this but it isn't here so I will do it again.  I found some Killer Shrimp boiling liquid and shrimp in the freezer so I defrosted them and got some mussels, green beans and romaine.  Charlie hardly ever eats salad but does eat cooked vegetables so I tried blanching romaine leaves in water with oil floating on top and then sprinkling a little tangerine vinegar over it.  At least he ate it. I cooked the mussels in the shrimp boil first then the shrimp.  Fettuccine was boiled. Garlic and red peppers were sauteed in butter then tossed with the pasta.  Green beans cooked with bacon and onions until tender, salted.

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 DSCN1507_zps3a3010c6

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 DSCN1514_zps25c72da6

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 DSCN1511_zps17856813

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 DSCN1518_zps8b3eb776

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

237JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhh, Killer Shrimp w/fettuccini! YUM. And the mussels. Double YUM. A seafood feast!

Did the romaine have much flavor that way? I know we like a wilted lettuce salad made with romaine and a hot bacon/vinegar/sugar dressing. The romaine seems to hold up well in that type of dish.

238JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:52 pm

NormM

NormM

Wilted lettuce tastes better.

239JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:04 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

tangerine vinegar oh yum. I have to find some of that.

food looks mighty good around here.  JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 3602300868

I buy romaine more often then any lettuce.It last the longest in the fridge.LOVE LOVE grilled R.

240JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Tunaspread3

tuna (Italian) & white beans.

241JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Tunaspread3

tuna (Italian) & white beans.
YUM

242JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Meatball subs tonight. Not for me though. Prolly something bland, like eggs.

243JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Hot dogs tonight *burp*

Sweet potato cubes...peas...and a salad of greens and tomato slices.

Chocolate cake ( normal size )....

244JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:06 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Went out to eat...had 3 glasses of Shiraz red wine....salad, dressing on side; grilled salmon with dill save on side and veggies, along with a glass of bottled water with lemon and a cup of coffee with milk...
It was soooo good...I just love salmon.....and good friendship...lol!
Leftovers for tomorrow!! yeah!

245JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a late lunch after a doctor appt. What a bunch of messin' around. I've been paying for COBRA insurance since Dane retired in February. Finally got an appt. here to have a doc in Florida. I get in to the office and they tell me they contacted the ins. co. and were told I was 'invalid'. WTH ??? I called our ins. agent and he said he'd check it and get back to me. Ends up my membership 'fell through the cracks' but it'll be fixed by tomorrow. Meanwhile, I got to pay for the $150 office call today. They tell me they will refund IF the charges are accepted and they will refund on my NEXT office visit (in 8 - 9 weeks). Then I went to WalMart to pick up my scrips (my reason for going to the doc in the first place) and the pharmacist wanted to charge me $71.50 for a script I've been getting for $20 for the last 4 years. THAT took 45 minutes to correct.

Geesh. No wonder our health care systems are all messed up. No one knows what the right or left hand is doing!

So, supper was a second glass of White Sangria. Good Stuff.

246JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:53 pm

NormM

NormM

I have a problem with Walmart pharmacy. At least the one in Junction City. It was notoriously bad... In my opinion. It took at least 45 minutes to fill a prescription for a while, then it took over an hour, the last time they said the doctor had to authorize the refill and they'd send the request. Two days later the were still waiting. Three days after that they were still waiting so I called the Dr. and he said he had called it in the same day they called. The dr. called it in again and it still took until the next day to get it filled. That was when I started going to a small individually owned pharmacy and now I use CVS. I have never waited more than 15 minutes at either one.

I am getting ready to pour a glass of brandy. Second one will likely follow.

247JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The health care system is really messed up. Tina is on my Horizon and pills plan with my union...envision care I think it is called.
They keep E-mailing, and sending messages the she is not taking her pills, and that could damage her health. The idiots are giving her 90 day supply every single month.
We alled them...e-mailed them as requested, and they never called us back to straighten their bs records out. We gave up. She gets three months pills for 60.00 ...and they say she is not taking them. Helloooooooooo!!

248JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:01 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was looking forward to going to a doctor but I found out that even with Obamacare, I can't afford it. My DH had a skin cancer removed, The doctors bill was $500. Obamacare, $500. Unaffordable for us.

249JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I was looking forward to going to a doctor but I found out that even with Obamacare, I can't afford it. My DH had a skin cancer removed, The doctors bill was $500. Obamacare, $500. Unaffordable for us.

bugs... that bites @$$ big time!!!

This one is unbelievable....and I have the bills for proof.

Tina's Uncle fell gettin out of bed oh say 6 weeks ago.

Hospital ambulance we paid $67.00
Lab tests...... we pay $69.00...
Hospital (3 days care) billed Medicare $73,878.00 ( NO...Not 7300.00 )
Medicare refused to pay that, so the Hospital accepted $64,000.00.
Yes.... Sixty Four THOUSAND Dollar$.....
We pay $1,060.00 !!!!

Duhhhhh! Is something wrong with this picture??? For Three Days of interveinous Saline soulution and ekg and wipes and 1/2 of a nurse that told him to just Chit the Bed, and someone will come by to clean him!....

NO WONDER the Healthcare is so messed up, and running out of money.

The guy didn't have brain surgery or a transplanted heart and lungs....
I still cannot believe the reasoning and the justification of charging That Much!

250JUNE... What's for Dinner. - Page 10 Empty Re: JUNE... What's for Dinner. Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:51 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK sorry.....

Back to food.

Tomorrow, tinamommy is going to see a game at Yankee Stadium with son and DIL.
Jimmy and DIL are Dihard Red Sox Fans. Tina is a yankee fan. LOL

Tomorrow, ( actually today ) I get to cook supper for me and Uncle Gabe. He likes Salmon so I will do salmon FOR HIM, and COD Fish for me.
I never, ever cooked salmon. I am guessing on the grill, and finished in a wine butter sauce in a pan to keep it moist????? I am NOT a Salmon Eater... ( like Beth ) ...

Shark , salmon , and fresh tuna....Yuck for me!! I grew up on Cod, Sardines, and Italian canned dark Tuna in olive oil. Anchovies in salads and on pizza. That's it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum