Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Store bought Tater salad

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Store bought Tater salad Empty Store bought Tater salad Thu May 22, 2014 8:41 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Store bought Tater salad 411572088 Store bought Tater salad 411572088 

I buy the roast chicken from the deli /store when it is $4.99.

Last week on a whim , I bought a 1/2lb of blue cheese cole slaw.Really good. just like mine.
so another whim, I buy potato salad..Never again.I said that the last time I bought pre made . Store bought Tater salad 2855670339 Ghezz does all of it come from the same nasty place??I have never in my life put pickles in it.

Boiled potato, mustard,mayo,onion,celery, salt..

Red potato salad.boil,sour cream,mayo,salt,sliced red or just onion.

Needless to say I threw out the store bought nasty stuff.

Oh and that goes for the nasty nasty macaroni salad.They boil the pasta & use some low grade mayo,maybe some more of that pickle crap & call it a day. gross.

2Store bought Tater salad Empty Re: Store bought Tater salad Thu May 22, 2014 11:38 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

LOL! Then you would definitely hate mine! Peeled, boiled red potatoes, Chopped bread and butter pickles or sweet relish, celery, green onions, bacon, hard boiled eggs, mustard (Dijon, yellow, Cajun, Gulden's) whatever mood I am in, mayo, S&P.
My mother used to make a mashed potato salad that was wonderful. Sorry that I never got her recipe.

3Store bought Tater salad Empty Re: Store bought Tater salad Thu May 22, 2014 11:46 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugs, I got to agree with you....store bought potato or macaroni salad is made in the same way, no matter where you live in the country......always a nasty taste. I don't care what your homemade recipe is, it's ALWAYS better than store bought or deli. I don't care for the deli slaws, either. The cabbage always tastes old and strong to me. Almost has a 'bite' to it, like it's already started to ferment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum