Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

is store bought Gd beef

+2
bethk
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1is store bought Gd beef Empty is store bought Gd beef Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

REALLY safe??? Do you think, it really is necessary to grind your own. Question 

I mean you are buying the same beef,only you cut it up & grind it..Right..

2is store bought Gd beef Empty Re: is store bought Gd beef Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have never hesitated to purchase store ground beef...actually, I think their processes are probably more consistently sanitary than my own kitchen. Oh, sure, my kitchen is clean, but the air temp and equipment and product are all variables.

3is store bought Gd beef Empty Re: is store bought Gd beef Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I always buy ground beef from the stores... I ground it one time with my food processor and decided never do it again, I didn't like cleaning and washing my FP after that

4is store bought Gd beef Empty Re: is store bought Gd beef Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Agreed, Imelda. Too much messin around.

I have a grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer but I use it to grind up raw potatoes for German potato pancakes.

5is store bought Gd beef Empty Re: is store bought Gd beef Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:51 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Great idea about the potatoes with the grinder attachment. I hate scraping my knuckles

6is store bought Gd beef Empty Re: is store bought Gd beef Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:04 pm

NormM

NormM

I buy the in-store ground beef but not the kind in sausage roll plastic that comes from outside the store. That is the kind that sometimes gets recalled. It's ground up by the ton somewhere and packaged for shipping.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

7is store bought Gd beef Empty Re: is store bought Gd beef Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:40 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I buy the in-store ground beef but not the kind in sausage roll plastic that comes from outside the store.  That is the kind that sometimes gets recalled.  It's ground up by the ton somewhere and packaged for shipping.  

Ditto here re what I buy and what I don't,

8is store bought Gd beef Empty Re: is store bought Gd beef Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I also know Where to buy it.We have a store here called Piggly Wiggly, that is the place you do not buy gd beef. so full of grease & fat.

Yet at Publix price per lb is $5.Shocked 

I buy it when I go to costco.gosh it is good.it is even made into nice big fat burgers.Last time I got it,it was $2? a lb.well under$3..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum