Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What foods do you not like together.

+2
Bugster2
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What foods do you not like together. Empty What foods do you not like together. Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I love love sweet potato's but I do not like them with beef aka steak etc.

I also don't like flavored soda with food.

I do not like food touching lol like juice from veggies aka spinach juice running in meat juice.gack.oh & then pour gravy on the whole thing ..major gack..

2What foods do you not like together. Empty Re: What foods do you not like together. Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:08 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I can't think of anything right now but your comment about food touching food makes me laugh. My DH and my houseguest were just talking about the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Can't have this touch that and have to eat all the savories before eating anything sweet. To solve that problem I bought some Corelle sectioned dinner plates for them. LOL.

3What foods do you not like together. Empty Re: What foods do you not like together. Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:48 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I had to laugh, as I must be the easiest houseguest/dinner party attendee ever, as I don't have any of these problems and don't care what touches what, or what is served with what. Though there are certain foods I'm not crazy about, I can eat just about anything, or I can eat enough of it on my plate that you wouldn't know I really don't care for that food.

I really don't care for soft drinks of any type but no one would mind if I said I just wanted water with my meal (though I'll admit I'd be looking for the wine)!!

4What foods do you not like together. Empty Re: What foods do you not like together. Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I love corn, but I don't like corn breads or anything made with corn flour  Shocked  I don't like gravy though I eat it when I have to... I don't like mushrooms but I eat them if they are cooked and mixed with others.. no way I'd eat fresh mushrooms like in the salads  Smile 

I don't mind foods touching even some times I pour everything on top of my rice  Laughing .. my DH  is not a picky eater, he loves vegetables and fruits, but he won't eat baby corn and water melon.. no idea why  Question 

as for sodas.. oh I love them with our meals on summer times.. but mostly I I drink hot/warm green tea with our meals or water.. we don't have wine in our house.. my DH quits drinking any kind of alcohol
 Smile

5What foods do you not like together. Empty Re: What foods do you not like together. Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I don't like touchy touchy with my food....like the juice from spinach cooked touching my other stuff. Although, After my plate is clean of food, I don't care if the dessert (like cake or pie ) is put on the dirty dish. Tina hates when I do that with a passion!.

I cannot stand it if eggs are touching my pancakes or waffles.
Do not like pickles on the hamburger, but love them on the side all by themselves!

6What foods do you not like together. Empty Re: What foods do you not like together. Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm not crazy about a crowded plate but it really doesn't bother me much at all if my food ends up being all pushed together. I like when my mashed potatoes and corn or vegetables get mushed together, often times I'll serve the corn on top of my potatoes....carb lover that I am!

The only thing I have trouble with is most cheese....I DO eat melted mozzarella or provolone, parmesan and cream cheese. And I can eat the kind of cottage cheese that melts if I mix it with eggs and beat it up as a faux ricotta in lasagna. But please don't "insist" you know of a cheese I will just absolutely love (simply because YOU love it). Ain't gonna happen. I've tried, honest I have. I simply start to gag ~ which is NOT attractive at anyone's dinner table. And don't think it's funny to slip some special cheese into a dish and not mention it. Believe me, I can tell. Usually, with new friends, I simply say I'm allergic to cheese and then they accept it so much easier than if I just say I do not care for it.

7What foods do you not like together. Empty Re: What foods do you not like together. Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:58 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I found that I can't eat different brands or kinds of chocolate, one right after the other. The first chocolate you ate will make the second one taste funny. The palate needs to be cleansed before tasting another. So, I can't eat different types of chocolate together.
Same thing happens with alcohol. I don't drink but I like to taste liquor and mixed cocktails, but trying one after another makes them taste funny to me.
I can sample cheeses with no problem though.
I can't stand citrus and chocolate mixed together. BLECH! I don't like fruits and chocolate but I do like chocolate dipped strawberries and raspberry and chocolate.
I can't eat cooked fruits, like in pies but I love the juices and pie crust together. It is a textural thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum