Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013

+4
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 13]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just grabbed whatever to eat tonight.
Tina made frozen manicotti dinner in the microwave.
Buitoni Brand...pretty tasty and cheezy.
Then we had apple turnovers.

Tina made a chocolate banana pie with pudding on a graham cracker crust. That's for later on for snack.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey,Jimmy, tell Tina I have my puff pastry thawing in the refrigerator.

I stopped by WalMart grocery today and got a can of Comstock Cherry Pie Filling to make some cherry turnovers. Tina's apple turnovers looked so good to me! I've got such a hankerin' for something sweet and have absolutely nothing in the house. My mouth is just watering as I just sit and think about them.....can't wait!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Hey,Jimmy, tell Tina I have my puff pastry thawing in the refrigerator.

I stopped by WalMart grocery today and got a can of Comstock Cherry Pie Filling to make some cherry turnovers.  Tina's apple turnovers looked so good to me!  I've got such a hankerin' for something sweet and have absolutely nothing in the house.  My mouth is just watering as I just sit and think about them.....can't wait!
I just told Tina.
She got her bood work test back, and she is really doing great from the readings taken 6 months ago.

Right now we are all "Sweeted Out!" ....Uhhhhhg Feeling and Tina is sick from too much sweets. The chocolate banana pie was So So...because she only had instant pudding. It Tastes sandy and grainy to us. We ate it though!!

The guy next door gave us a Entenmans Box of 8 Apple Puffs. Loaded with glaze icing stripes. Had to look for the apples though.

My favorite turnovers is cherry too. Tina's Mom used to make me cherry squares, and with the cake topping and crumbs. She always used a can of Comstock cherries filling, and added a can of cherries in just water to the syrupy Comstock ones. OMG that was so good!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Around 4:00 I had a cherry turnover....good for a sugar fix. Sometimes it doesn't pay to think just because I don't buy anything sweet or salty to have available in the house I'll not get hungry for either....

At 6:00 I ended up having the second half of yesterday's guacamole with chips. That's good enough for tonight.

I'm still tired and I've been here a week. You'd think I would be caught up with no one to bug me.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well...Tina had some fried meatballs and I had a Arbey's French baguette roast beef and swiss cheese. A cup of that auju to dunk the sammitch in. Good!
I'm still swallowing it though!

Apple puff for dessert. I'm getting sick of the apple crap already. 3 Days in a row already....enough!!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

well.. like my plan earlier today, I cooked salmon quiche, with spinach, mushroom, tomato and cheese.. it's a bit watery.. it's half gone now Wink  .. I ate my own dinner meal ( rice, fried fish and some veggie curry )

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 20-1

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 21-2

I baked a custard pie.. I actually can't wait to slice and eat it, but enough food for tonight Wink 

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 19-1

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:well.. like my plan earlier today, I cooked salmon quiche, with spinach, mushroom, tomato and cheese.. it's a bit watery.. it's half gone now Wink  .. I ate my own dinner meal ( rice, fried fish and some veggie curry )

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 20-1

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 21-2

I baked a custard pie.. I actually can't wait to slice and eat it, but enough food for tonight Wink 

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 19-1
L00KS Dee Wish Us!
I love custard pie. Looks great Imelda!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm on my way for a piece of that pie, too!

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

We had some leftover Mexican Souffle that Larry made on Tuesday and a piece of Sour Cream Blueberry Pie that I baked Wednesday morning. Then around 8pm he was hungry and wanted breakfast meal, so I thawed some of the frozen browned sausage in the microwave and made enough gravy for 2 meals and baked a can of biscuits that I had to use in a recipe. Fried some eggs over medium and it took about 20 minutes. He was so appreciative of it, but I told him not to get used to it because I was being nice to him until he was well again. Then he has to baby me!!! LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 1240576_10151584223892967_1724044756_n

grilled pork chops..

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 413-1

fruit salsa..

Barbara101

Barbara101

Imelda that food looks Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 4137497845 Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 4137497845 

bethk

bethk
Admin

thesweetestpea wrote:We had some leftover Mexican Souffle that Larry made on Tuesday and a piece of Sour Cream Blueberry Pie that I baked Wednesday morning.  Then around 8pm he was hungry and wanted breakfast meal, so I thawed some of the frozen browned sausage in the microwave and made enough gravy for 2 meals and baked a can of biscuits that I had to use in a recipe.  Fried some eggs over medium and it took about 20 minutes.  He was so appreciative of it, but I told him not to get used to it because I was being nice to him until he was well again.  Then he has to baby me!!!  LOL
You talk tough, Pea, but you're just a big softie! Anytime he wants something to eat, especially during treatment, and you'll be smilin' and happy as can be to fix whatever he's hungry for.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed a couple chicken thighs to season and grill - and as long as the grill was on I put on the corn in the husks and sliced up a green & yellow zucchini, drizzled with some evoo and s&p. I may have to wash dishes but I don't have to wash pans!

Oddly enough, when I have a dishwasher for the dishes I usually hand wash the pans.....go figure.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 092113

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper tonight, is what I call .....

Pick n Poke Pizza Variety...and A meat ball in between.

Tina just picked up some different pizza, and we just nibbled on cuts with the pizza cutter.... The Broccoli was good, but I said to Tina.."Where's the Broccoli?"

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 Qq7u

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 Pcob

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is that macaroni & cheese pizza?

Now, IF you made yourself a mac & cheese sandwich, I'd tease you to no end....

but you bought that?

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 2876911673 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I thawed a couple chicken thighs to season and grill - and as long as the grill was on I put on the corn in the husks and sliced up a green & yellow zucchini, drizzled with some evoo and s&p.  I may have to wash dishes but I don't have to wash pans!

Oddly enough, when I have a dishwasher for the dishes I usually hand wash the pans.....go figure.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 092113
Looks Good Beth!
I rarely wash the pans and pots in the dishwasher. I usually clean the pot as soon as I'm done with it. We rinse off the food before they go in the washer too!

My Maria likes to cook her corn in foil. She oils the corn, and salts it, and sometimes sprinkles with italian grated cheese. Wraps them in the foil, and cooks them till just starting to char.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 1240576_10151584223892967_1724044756_n

grilled pork chops..

fruit salsa..
Looks Great Barb! I think I only had peach salsa once. Canned variety.
It was pretty good. It had peaches, onions and peppers. A little heat too!

NormM

NormM

Cassie wanted to eat outside so we cooked and ate on the patio. She made the salad. With it we had roasted new potatoes, strip steak, stuffed mushrooms, asparagus and tomatoes.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 DSCN0735_zps6ae31418

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 DSCN0737_zps8544f374

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Cassie wanted to eat outside so we cooked and ate on the patio.  She made the salad.  With it we had roasted new potatoes, strip steak, stuffed mushrooms, asparagus and tomatoes.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 DSCN0735_zps6ae31418

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 DSCN0737_zps8544f374
Wow! Steaks on a silver platter. LOL ... L00KS Great Norm.

The kids are adorable. If we could add a cloud with a quote to Cassie, with her look it would say,"See Charlie, I told you OUTSIDE!" "Just like a Kansas Kamper!"

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

all dinner/supper meals look so good... Barbara's pork, Beth's chickens, Jimmy's meatballs and pizza, Norm's steaks.. all yummy Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 3593629538 

I baked pizza and calzones.. my DH was out for a meeting, when he came back I asked him whether he wanted pizza or calzone, he said: both Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 1838020472  I made them using the same dough, made in my bread machine, baked them together in my oven... for calzone I filled it with Jimmy Dean hot sausage + ricotta and mozzarella cheese, for pizza, I topped it with salami, spinach, bell pepper, mushroom, chili pepper, olives and mozzarella cheese

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 23

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 <a href=Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 24-2" />

our late night drink Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 829809188 .. mango + papaya + green grape smoothie.. so refreshing
Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 3593629538 

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 27-2

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

fruit salsa..
Barb, I bought a peach to make a peach salsa to go with my chicken thighs yesterday. Unfortunately, it's as hard as a rock....don't know if it will have any taste at all. I'm thinking I may have to heat it when I chop it to soften and give it a bit of flavor...

What did you use to make your salsa? I've got onion, peppers....will probably cut some parsley. Ideas?

(I ended up taking half my supper off my plate last night so I have the same meal for today or tomorrow, just reheated....but I thought the fruit salsa would taste nice with it.)

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

fruit salsa..
Barb, I bought a peach to make a peach salsa to go with my chicken thighs yesterday.  Unfortunately, it's as hard as a rock....don't know if it will have any taste at all.  I'm thinking I may have to heat it when I chop it to soften and give it a bit of flavor...

What did you use to make your salsa?  I've got onion, peppers....will probably cut some parsley.  Ideas?

(I ended up taking half my supper off my plate last night so I have the same meal for today or tomorrow, just reheated....but I thought the fruit salsa would taste nice with it.)

1 large ripe peach
1 large ripe mango
3 medium-size tomatoes
1/2 sweet onion
1/2 green, red, or yellow bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons (or more) minced Jalapeno pepper ( I used jarred)
1/2 cup (or more) freshly chopped parsley
1 tablespoon lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
let sit 15 minutes. I use this on salmon,mahi mahi,pork chops,chicken breasts ..

I hate to buy hard peaches,they are tasteless & mealy.When that happens I make something with loads of sugar lol or i just saute them with butter & brn sugar.

Barbara101

Barbara101

all this food looks really great.I wish I could eat outside.If the skeeters don't eat you alive ,the heat & humidy will get you.

NormM

NormM

Temperature was in the mid 70's, no wind, no mosquitos and only a couple of flies.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had an early breakfast today and, for some unknown reason, I forgot to eat lunch.....go figure!  So, about 4:30 I was really thinking about fixing supper.  I had thawed out a package of the marinated kalbi beef and I thought a nice bunch of stir fry vegetables & jasmine rice would be perfect to go with it.  It's been raining off and on all day so I didn't want to chance standing in the wet trying to get my meal cooked so it was all done on the stove top.  I wanted some sort of sauce or glaze to give the grilled meat and vegetables some Asian taste so I tried something I don't normally do.  I drained the marinate from the beef and boiled it down in a sauce pan.  Usually, anything I use with raw protein gets drained and tossed but I thought if I boiled it more than 10 minutes it should be fine.  And since I had so little (and had used Coca Cola in the marinate, why not add a bit more of that and just let it cook down and thicken.  And it worked!  It was pretty sweet, but it had all the flavors the same as the grilled beef.

I ended up eating a second helping - the one I planned to use for a lunch later in the week.  Oh well, PB&J will be fine.  I didn't eat all the rice I served myself but the little drizzle of glaze on the vegetables and beef was yummy and now I'm STUFFED....:    pig Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 1223290054  pig 

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 9 092213

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum