Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013

+4
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

I went outside with the dog this morning and it was 45. It will hit 70 this afternoon so I'm not sure I'm going to have many more ripe tomatoes. I have lots of blooms on both tomatoes and peppers, so if we have a little Indian Summer, I might have a bit more plus beets and carrots. I have a version of Angel Chicken in the crock pot only with boneless country ribs and I have baby carrots and freshly dug taters on the bottom.

bethk

bethk
Admin

OH! Fresh baby potatoes! Texture like butter - and tastes like it, too! Good for you, Pea.

Time to find the best hard green tomato and make some fried ones. Gosh, but that sounds good!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Barb, remember when you "wished" for some others to post pics of their meals?

Here's a perfect example of why you should be careful what you wish for.....

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 2876911673 

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 092413

I didn't have any buns so I decided to grill a piece of bread.  Then, wouldn't you know, my  phone had to ring and I walked away from the stove to find it (it was so much easier when the phone stayed on the kitchen wall.....).  Second side of bread got a little more well done than I would have liked, but not altogether awful.  The beans are simply seasoned with some butter & Penzey's fines herbs.

Barbara101

Barbara101

hey looks good to me.If it were me I would not have just one & my plate would be piled high with green beans.tongue 

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 1175078_3391067833414_1841354629_n

I had a busy day cheers I got my cable back on & the guy by passed the blocked out channels. I still have my good ole channels that I have been watching.yeah.PBS. Create tv ..so I spent the afternoon watching some great stuff.Then I got my Kindle,all I can say is good thing amazon did all the work lol Got it up & running ,downloaded a few reads.Techie stuff gives me a headache I am so slow.Got wifi working too. cheers thrilled about that..

lets see watch tv,read,watch a movie??..Tv ...ncis is on tonight. Those new shows don't interest me right now.

Oh dinner lol lol. I was to tired with doing nothing ,I did not want to grill or smoke anything so I put together a quick casserole.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lookin' good, Barb.

I'm all excited, too. They called to say they can deliver my new dishwasher tomorrow.....

(sink's full of dishes.....should I or shouldn't I???)

Last week they called to schedule the delivery then called to say the dishwasher was damaged. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Barbara101 wrote:hey looks good to me.If it were me I would not have just one & my plate would be piled high with green beans.tongue 
I usually have one in the bun and one on my plate and I'd have a lot more green beans too!!! Our crock pot meal was very tasty.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina she cooked soup today. Made a meat sauce for GD. She came home last night from a week in NC.

The soup was with ground beef / ham diced / tomato / carrots / mushrooms / corn / peas / barley / rice / and potatoes / oops onions too!
I ate mine (two bowls) with saltine crackers.
It was very good.

Tina makes her meals on wheels trip tomorrow to her uncles. I helped her package the meals and froze them.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 1175078_3391067833414_1841354629_n

I had a busy day cheers I got my cable back on & the guy by passed the blocked out channels. I still have my good ole channels that I have been watching.yeah.PBS. Create tv ..so I spent the afternoon watching some great stuff.Then I got my Kindle,all I can say is good thing amazon did all the work lol Got it up & running ,downloaded a few reads.Techie stuff gives me a headache I am so slow.Got wifi working too. cheers thrilled about that..

lets see watch tv,read,watch a movie??..Tv ...ncis is on tonight. Those new shows don't interest me right now.

Oh dinner lol lol. I was to tired with doing nothing ,I did not want to grill or smoke anything so I put together a quick casserole.
What's that casserole, TV Time Caserole? Don't forget your TV Tray to eat it on.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

JUST made grilled cheese for GD, and grilled cheese and tomato for Tina and me!......boy o boy, they hit the spot.
I grilled them in my heavy cast aluminum electric skillet.
I love that frying pan as I call it!

Crybaby

Crybaby

We had leftover stuffed bell peppers, macaroni salad (one of his all-time favorites) and finished off the plum cobbler (this time with vanilla ice cream!).

Brian had lunch out with ex-business associates so he wasn't very hungry until dessert! I'm sure he didn't want me to finish that cobbler alone...

Crybaby

Crybaby

Last week they called to schedule the delivery then called to say the dishwasher was damaged. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
The exact same thing happened to us a couple of months ago, Beth. Thank God Brian was the dishwasher for several weeks. But it makes it better when the darn thing is installed -- heavenly! cheers 

Crybaby

Crybaby

Your casserole looked delicious, Barb.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today will be feed for thy self dinner / lunch / whatever. Mommy Tina is on her way to South Jersey....GD has work today sometime? and I will be cutting shrubs and fixing the lawn tractor.
They can have soup or spaghetti left from yesterday.
I will just have a sandwich. I am not fussy! No 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think I'm going to do a pass on supper tonight.

I'm just not hungry....maybe I'll have some crackers and sausage a little later, or a PB & J. We'll see.

This is the good part of cooking for one - if you don't feel like eating you don't have to! And go figure, IF a meal was cooked I could run the dishwasher...just like a woman - buy her a new dishwasher and she stops cooking!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I think I'm going to do a pass on supper tonight.

I'm just not hungry....maybe I'll have some crackers and sausage a little later, or a PB & J.  We'll see.

This is the good part of cooking for one - if you don't feel like eating you don't have to!  And go figure, IF a meal was cooked I could run the dishwasher...just like a woman - buy her a new dishwasher and she stops cooking!

Heh Heh Heh!!!.... Buy her a new dishwasher and she gets away with a chore that was meant to be as "Womans Work!"... She should be happy about that. LOL LOL LOL

Oooooo! I'm running...I'm running......I didn't mean that!
Please don't hit me!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 1002745_10151479303961476_452964088_n

Caribbean Jerk smoked chicken.Side of Basmati rice.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhh, Barb - that is gorgeous!!!!

It looks amazing. I think you're REALLY getting the hang of that smoker.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Heh Heh Heh!!!.... Buy her a new dishwasher and she gets away with a chore that was meant to be as "Womans Work!"... She should be happy about that. LOL LOL LOL

Please don't hit me!
You can run but you CAN'T hide !!!

lol! 

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Ohhhh, Barb - that is gorgeous!!!!

It looks amazing.  I think you're REALLY getting the hang of that smoker.

Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 1838020472 so easy a cave man can do it lol!  Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 2453703928 

JanaAZ

We had flank steak the other night so tonight I'm making a salad with flank steak, artichokes, olives, onions and feta cheese. It's just about a no-work meal for me to make.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Please don't hit me!
You can run but you CAN'T hide !!!

lol! 
Well, to find me, all ya gotta do, is tap the edge of that pot or dish, and say..." SUuuuuuu Eeeeee ... SUuuuuuu Eeeeeee
, and I'll come a runnin like one of the Three Little Piggies!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 1002745_10151479303961476_452964088_n

Caribbean Jerk smoked chicken.Side of Basmati rice.
UMMmmmmm!
Looks Great Barb. I like crunch on the outside like that.
I would Knaw the outside off all that crispy like a Beaver Chawing on a Birch bark Log!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy it also has the best taste too.I threw it in a bag & dumped in half bottle of Lawrys spicy jerk chicken (liquid) for the morning.Then coated it with McCormicks Caribbean Jerk spice.

Hickory chips,in the smoker. Just laid them in ..boom.. 4 hrs later awesomeness.....

Oh wait ,, you don't like chicken Brand New Month... Its " September" of 2013 - Page 11 2876911673 

bethk

bethk
Admin

No, Jimmy doesn't like chicken meat.....but he'll pick the crispy skin off before you can blink!

lol! 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum