Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all?

+5
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
cookingirl
bethk
Cookin Lore
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The mushrooms Ill eat. Anyway, raw, fried; boiled, you name it.
Beans roasted? Uh Uh! .... too raw for me.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, well, if that's the problem, you'd like mine. I either blanch or, like tonight, use leftover beans that have been cooked & seasoned. I just spread them out on a sheet pan and then drizzle the sliced mushrooms with oil and then put them on top, because they're raw. Into a 500° oven, especially nice with a convection oven, and let them get browned.

So you see, my beans are double-cooked and really tender.

You'd like 'em!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a typical Saturday meal of Bacon Lettuce and Tomato on toasted wonder bread, fried breaded shrimp, and store bought apple pie.
Maria just made a Red Baron Dr'd up pizza.

Tina's A$$ is itchy to drive someplace. She's getting snakey to drive someplace.
She was happy to get a text from CVS pharmacy to pick up her meds that were just filled. I ain't never seen her get changed out of her house coat so fast. hahahahaha
Now....she's back in her housecoat, and on the phone! Blabbbing, as Ralph Kramden on the honeymooners would say to Alice. hahaahahahahaha

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, well, if that's the problem, you'd like mine.  I either blanch or, like tonight, use leftover beans that have been cooked & seasoned.  I just spread them out on a sheet pan and then drizzle the sliced mushrooms with oil and then put them on top, because they're raw.  Into a 500° oven, especially nice with a convection oven, and let them get browned.

So you see, my beans are double-cooked and really tender.

You'd like 'em!
Yep!....I'd eat them like that.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I tried those potatoes about a month ago. They were OK, not great.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

An awful thing happened yesterday when I was eating my soup. It leads me to not do this again. I was eating these hard thin crackers with my soup, and I took a bite of one really hard, and it was sharp......I stabbed under my tongue and cut the web on the muscle.
It was so painful, and it didn't just go away. It feels a little better today, but I cannot believe the intense pain.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Oh Jimmy! Be careful. Eating may be painful for a while.

I ran across a recipe called Cinnamon Roll Bundt cake. It is a vanilla cake mix, cinnamon, cinnamon sugar and a can of cream cheese frosting, heated 30 seconds. Joe and Katie thought they had died and gone to heaven. I have to admit that for a mix it is pretty darn good, and easy.

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I've added big potato chunks to stock that I inadvertently over salted (salted too much too early ~ HUGE mistake) and, yes the potato chunks did help absorb some of that salty taste.

That's pretty much what I read, Beth, that the potatoes would absorb some of the salt but never enough to make the over-salted dish palatable.

I really like salty stuff, too. I'm supposed to watch my salt intake since I was diagnosed with PH, which I have been able to do successfully without very much effort.

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I made a sandwich with a Georgia biscuit, Hillbelly sausage and an egg.  Yesterday when I had the sausage by itself, I thought the cinnamon was a little too much but when it is mixed with other food like I did today, it is perfect.

Laughed, Norm, as lately I've been thinking about a biscuit with sausage, egg and cheese too!

Good to hear about the Hillbelly sausage, too, as I haven't opened ours yet.

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:???? No clue what to eat today...

Tina is at her uncles. Took him to the bank so he could deposit his SS check.
He refuses to have it direct deposited in his account. He even refuses to mail his letters by giving it to the mail carrier. He has to drive it to the post office to mail it.
There is no changing him from the old school.

Man, are ALL of Tina's uncles alike?! I'd bet he'd change if those Social Security checks kept accumulating. He's SO LUCKY to have Tina. I sure don't have that kind of patience, especially when someone is just being a lughead!!!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Even though it's been drizzling all day, I was still able to go out and cut Swiss chard from the patio pot ~ ~ my 'Cabana Boy' stood beside me with a huge golf umbrella and a tray to hold the chard I was cutting. I realize we didn't maintain a 6' distance, but since he's usually sleeping in the middle of my bed I figured it was ok to share an umbrella!

To go with the chard I made chicken cutlets, buttered noodles & lima beans:

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 3 04_05_11

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was divine. The sauce and meatballs were out of this world.

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 3 Img_1814
Tina did a great job....

bethk

bethk
Admin

that looks fabulous, Jimmy!

Tina out did herself.....guess this 'lock-down' is working in YOUR favor..........

LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:that looks fabulous, Jimmy!

Tina out did herself.....guess this 'lock-down' is working in YOUR favor..........

LOL

Yep... she's bored and likes to cook, and I'm Not bored, and I like to eat! hahahahahaaa

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had BLT's with avocado for dinner. It is raining and is supposed to rain all week.

I made a no-knead bread yesterday. I am not sure what I think.

The county I live in has now made it a rule that all residents wear face masks when out of the home.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

No Mandate to wear masks, but it's preferred if people did wear them when near others, like shopping, or picking up orders of carry out.
Tina picked up her meds at CVS...there were two tables to separate the checker.
They drop the meds on the table and take your card with gloves on.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't have a problem with the social distancing & even wearing a mask to keep my cough or sneeze from causing fear in others near me when I'm out for food. I use to go to the grocery stores every day or every other day (mainly as my entertainment). Now I go, with my list so I don't forget anything, and get in and out as speedy as possible.

I waited for most who felt they needed a mask to pick one up from our neighbor who is making them. I texted her this morning and asked if she still had some available and she said there were some on the tray outside her door and to help myself. So I picked up one for me and one for Dane, should he be out somewhere and need to put it on. I threw them in the washer with a small load and went to the store when they were dry.

Last night I told Dane it would be his job to come up with a menu suggestion for today. I can cook just about anything but I'm running out of ideas. He decided on chili dogs & tater tots (or, in our case because of what I had in the freezer, Crispy Crowns). I sliced up some cabbage to make some slaw to finish off the meal. And even though I just broiled the hot dogs in the toaster oven instead of lighting charcoal, they were pretty tasty. Must have been the little container of Jimmy's Greek Style Chili Sauce I had in the freezer. Those little KFC side dish containers are just the right size for four chili dogs!

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 3 04_06_10

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pizza was on the menu for tonight. Haaaaa I had 6 slices, and Tina had two.

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 3 Img_1815

April 2020 Is the world playing an April Fools' Joke on us all? - Page 3 Img_1816

I then had an sliced egg on toast with lettuce and mayo.
So hots pickles and peppers on the side.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gotta do some portion control there, Jimmy.

Looks more like ONE portion to me! LOL

Bugster2

Bugster2

Here are somee creative ways to mask up. I am partial to the water bottle.

https://www.facebook.com/1017541899/posts/10219518815093823/

NormM

NormM

I have some black cloth napkins (For Thanksgiving on a red tablecloth) that can be folded like a bandana and tied in back that I was planning to use but when I went to the Surgery institute today, they gave me a proper mask to wear while I was there and to keep to use elsewhere.

The procedure went much more smoothly this time. There were more people involved to keep me comfortable during and afterward. I feel good and I hope this time they broke every stone into dust.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am so glad things went well for you Norm.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Glad things went well, Norm, as well as getting a 'door prize' for showing up.

Cookin Lore

Great news, Norm. I had a stone (gallstone) in my bile duct last year which did not go well. But, it's done and I'm fine. Good that you could get it done in these scary times.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lore, how are you feeling? Has your sister been able to continue with her treatments?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum