Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner?

+3
bethk
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

51AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:48 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:No supper tonight. Andrea and Josh came to bring Jacob a gaming computer Josh built for him. We all went out for lunch before the two of them turned around to head back to noblesville. I guess Josh enjoys building computers from scratch. He moves into his dorm at Perdue on Tuesday. I think Andrea will be lost with only one child to drive around.....but she's tough. She'll survive!

The realtor is coming tomorrow to take a look at the house. Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed that the meeting goes well. I just want to be done with it and go home! There's still stuff to clean, like the refrigerator my daughter still hasn't emptied of her condiments....but I have an empty trash bin that can solve that problem. Sometimes I wish abortion was legal at 43 years.....JUST KIDDING!

So, after talking with the realtor tomorrow I'll either be in a good mood or you won't hear from me.....LOL

Good luck Beth, I hope everything go well as you wish. Not much going on here, too hot to cook or enjoy delicious foods.. our power went out on Sunday for 4 hours and then again on Monday for 3 hours, it was horrible, our outside temperature reached 115'F, I could not do anything, our appliances are electric, the garage door was not working either, fortunately we just bought a small camping stove for picnic on our day trips, so we used it to boil water for making coffee and heated up some leftovers, we dared not open the fridge, we were afraid that we would spoil our foods. I'm glad it's okay now, they fixed the problem,  the whole town (well. almost ) was in chaos, Walmart, Safeway, even Mc Donalds had to close their stores too, only a few people had power because they use a different provider. ]

52AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina was wishing for Chinese Pork fried rice, and Egg rolls....
So it was.............

I'm planning to cook some egg rolls tomorrow, I cooked the filling today, tomorrow I'm going to roll them and fry them, we are planning to have home cooked Chinese foods at my parent in-laws house on Sunday, egg rolls, potstickers and fried noodles, I'll take the pictures later

53AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 am

NormM

NormM

There used to be a good Hungarian goulash recipe in the Betty Crocker cook book but this one had cheeses and Adobo so I don't think it was Hungarian. They just called it goulash.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

54AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:There used to be a good Hungarian goulash recipe in the Betty Crocker cook book but this one had cheeses and Adobo so I don't think it was Hungarian.  They just called it goulash.

It's like me now! I mentioned to the Mrs. .... You want spaghetti Bolognese?
She said Yeah! To me, its like a goulash.
So, in the pot is minced onions / carrots / celery ( gotta have celery ),
And I used V-8 juice for the liquid. I used pork ground fine for the meat.
1/3 of a green bell pepper, I diced small, and added that. Salt & pepper and garlic powder and 1/2 a leaf of Bay Leaf. .....

55AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The realtor just left....contract signed, pictures scheduled to be taken tomorrow. House will be on the market on Monday. The price was a little less than we were hoping for, but, just like my 2006 Pontiac, it's worth what the market will bear NOTwhat your sentimental value is. But the price is 2 1/2 times what was estimated 6 years ago when we bought in Florida and the market was so depressed in this area.

The best thing was after we took her on the walk through I asked if she had seen anything that needed attention......and she said, "NO"! Phew. We're both exhausted and it feels good that a professional thinks we did enough to be market ready. So now let the bidding wars begin!

56AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:The realtor just left....contract signed, pictures scheduled to be taken tomorrow. House will be on the market on Monday. The price was a little less than we were hoping for, but, just like my 2006 Pontiac, it's worth what the market will bear NOTwhat your sentimental value is. But the price is 2 1/2 times what was estimated 6 years ago when we bought in Florida and the market was so depressed in this area.  

The best thing was after we took her on the walk through I asked if she had seen anything that needed attention......and she said, "NO"! Phew. We're both exhausted and it feels good that a professional thinks we did enough to be market ready.  So now let the bidding wars begin!

Great news Beth. Now do they have to have an inspection?
We had to when we sold the Uncle's Home. The Downside was he only had a cesspool and The NJ law is.... Must have a septic system.
We had to drop the price $26,000.00. No

57AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm sure the purchasers will have an inspection, as most financial services require it. But it's up to the purchaser to decide if any problems are what they will accept and fix themselves. We're done fixing......too tired to care.

58AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I'm sure the purchasers will have an inspection, as most financial services require it. But it's up to the purchaser to decide if any problems are what they will accept and fix themselves. We're done fixing......too tired to care.

We did the same thing. We paid for little things. NOT for stupid stuff.
Like, they reported the water softener needed zeolite ( salt ).
I told them, the water softener in bypassed because the man didn't want sodium in his water. If they want salt, Walmart has it on sale. They can buy it if they want it.

59AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We can't think of a single thing that doesn't work or isn't up to code. But it was built in the 1860's to 1900 so it's NOT GOING to have a block foundation (its field rocks and clay) but it's stood for over a hundred years and been through innumerous renovations- it is what it is and they'll either fall in love with it in the first 3 minutes or walk away shaking their heads. LOL

Supper tonight was chicken wings - from the chicken wing restaurant down the road. I made a baked sweet potato and green beans to go with the wings. The little charcoal grill is just too small to try to cook much more than a few burgers or hot dogs on.

60AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:55 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

There's going to be no cooking for the next couple days - supper with friends both Friday and Saturday. Dane's been working since the first of June and hasn't had but a couple dinners with his family. And we all know all work makes Dane a dull boy! LOL

He's driving home with a full car on Sunday because he has a dental appointment later in the week. Then he'll return to pack up the rest of the stuff and tools he wants. Hopefully the kids will have everything moved out of the garage....only time will tell.

61AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Dinner was Spaghetti Bolognese...

Biscotti for dessert....

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Img_1110

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Img_1111

62AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The spaghetti looks good, Jimmy. Did you cook the peppers separate so Ms. Tina wouldn't have digestive problems?

Glad you went all out on dessert....LOL

63AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:The spaghetti looks good, Jimmy. Did you cook the peppers separate so Ms. Tina wouldn't have digestive problems?

Glad you went all out on dessert....LOL

thanks Beth... No, I added two small pieces of the peppers minced fine.
The  peppers sticking up are HOT peppers and that's my dish.
My spaghetti was leftover linguini from yesterday.

Tina had angel hair cooked, cooked, and cooked.

I just ate 3 of those cookies. They are so good.

64AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:05 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

It was hot and humid for a while this morning. It was 102 by 11AM then we started to get some air and things got better. Joe went skinny dipping in the pool this morning. I wish he wouldn't do that. I am afraid someone will see him and call the police for indecent exposure and at his age it is indecent.
Tonight we made club sandwiches out of some leftover rotisserie chicken we got at Costco. It was too hot for anything else. I made margaritas out of tequila, triple sec, OJ, orange crush. I was told they were good.
Have you ever seen those bags of Chex Mix at the store? well, I just discovered they have a Turtle flavor that is hard to put down. I have also been gorging on Baskin Robbin's 31 flavors ice cream. They have a sherbet called Rainbow sherbet that is refreshing in this hot weather. I bought some more because it was on special and hid it out in the freezer so Joe won't find it. He can eat a whole pint in one sitting and doesn't leave any for me.
Speaking of freezers, I think I need a bigger one. I have a very small upright, maybe 5 cu/ft and the freezer is full. It just doesn't hold much. I had to toss a bunch of bread to make room for chicken. I hate wasting food. Katie filled the inside freezer with Lean Cuisine's so I can't really use it. I have an LG counter-depth fridge. It is French door with a pull out bottom freezer which is just a drawer. The fridge doesn't hold anything. What is worse is that I hate digging for anything.

65AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:It was hot and humid for a while this morning. It was 102 by 11AM then we started to get some air and things got better. Joe went skinny dipping in the pool this morning. I wish he wouldn't do that. I am afraid someone will see him and call the police for indecent exposure and at his age it is indecent.
Tonight we made club sandwiches out of some leftover rotisserie chicken we got at Costco. It was too hot for anything else. I made margaritas out of tequila, triple sec, OJ, orange crush. I was told they were good.
Have you ever seen those bags of Chex Mix at the store? well, I just discovered they have a Turtle flavor that is hard to put down. I have also been gorging on Baskin Robbin's 31 flavors ice cream. They have a sherbet called Rainbow sherbet that is refreshing in this hot weather. I bought some more because it was on special and hid it out in the freezer so Joe won't find it. He can eat a whole pint in one sitting and doesn't leave any for me.
Speaking of freezers, I think I need a bigger one. I have a very small upright, maybe 5 cu/ft and the freezer is full. It just doesn't hold much. I had to toss a bunch of bread to make room for chicken. I hate wasting food. Katie filled the inside freezer with Lean Cuisine's so I can't really use it. I have an LG counter-depth fridge. It is French door with a pull out bottom freezer which is just a drawer. The fridge doesn't hold anything. What is worse is that I hate digging for anything.

I think as long as you are in your own yard; in your pool, no one can complain about skinny dipping. I know you can't do that in a public pool or at the beach, unless it is designated for that.

As far as a new freezer...Lowes has a 20 cu. ft. upright Frigidaire ( Electrolux ) manual defrost.
for 600.00

66AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thanks Jimmy but I think if I get a freezer it will be frost free.

67AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:53 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Have you ever known someone who eats all of the frosting off the cake or the filling out of a pie and leaves the crust? My BIL does that and picks off the chocolate from a piece of candy and leaves the filling. Katie was mad because she offered a friend a bite of her refried beans topped with cheese when they were at a Mexican restaurant and the friend spooned off all the cheese and ate it. Well, I just found that Katie munched on my bag of Chex turtle mix and ate all of the popcorn and something else leaving a bag of pretzels and Chex. Now I have to go out and buy more and hide it from her. That is really inconsiderate of people.

68AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ah, Bugster....you have WAY more patience than I do. I would have confronted her, shook the bag in front of her face to get her attention and then smashed my fist down on the bag to break all the pretzel bits and finally I'd have emptied it over her head before I stormed out of the room.

But, hey, that's just me.......

69AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:16 pm

NormM

NormM

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me Beth.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

70AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahahahah! Ah, you know me so well.

71AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a microwave bowl of Chinese noodles, and an eclair.

We both had yack yack tummies today.

72AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Little Boy Liam with Grandma "Gee Gee".
He's growing up fast. God Bless Him.

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Img_4910

73AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

He's a little boy.....no longer a baby........way too fast.

74AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:20 am

Niagara Visitor

I just got back from a week in Whitehorse (Yukon) just across the border from Alaska.  A friend owns the Takhini Hot springs there and I had been wanting to go for a long time.  Hot spring water was wonderful, friends were wonderful, I ate bison, moose, elk, fish, all kinds of good stuff. Last night (Thursday) I basically prepped dinner, Garry grilled the Elk and Bison shish-ka-bobs as well as the veggie kabobs I made.  Also oven roasted potatoes, turnips and carrots.  I was allowed to work in their fabulous kitchen.............................. I know, other people say "You did what on your vacation???" I'm happy if I can cook for my hosts sometimes.  FUN!

75AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:45 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, goodness, I'm with you, Lore. Cooking for friends or family is one if life's greatest pleasures. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum