Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner?

+3
bethk
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I wish you lived next door Norm.

Joe had leftover trip sandwiches, Katie will have a Lean Cuisine and me - nothing. Ulcer type pain in the gut today. Maybe ice cream later on.

Joe got rid of the fly trap today. One whiff made him gag and it had to go in a double zip lock bag.

102AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had to leave the house for two showings tonight. Two scheduled for Tuesday and two scheduled for Wednesday so far. The realtor said one tonight indicated they were going to submit an offer. Only time will tell. I'm taking Jake to lunch tomorrow. He might help me try to find time to get the grass mowed....I'm not use to being the yard boy.....at home I just send a check every month and the lawn always looks fabulous.....((sigh))

103AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 pm

NormM

NormM

Thanks Debbie. Hope you are feeling better. We are having leftovers too. The leftovers from Sat.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

104AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, man, WHAT A DAY!

Our house is under contract. DONE

And the offer was a chunk over asking.....hopefully we'll meet the young lady who bought it.

105AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:42 pm

NormM

NormM

Congratulations

106AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I wish you lived next door Norm.

Joe had leftover trip sandwiches, Katie will have a Lean Cuisine and me - nothing. Ulcer type pain in the gut today. Maybe ice cream later on.

Joe got rid of the fly trap today. One whiff made him gag and it had to go in a double zip lock bag.

It's weird.... I emptied / trashed two sticky boards, and caught over 50 yellow jackets.

Made Tina a grilled cheese and tomato ( Her stomach is in pain too )

107AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Macaroni with Laganaga sausage.
Stella D'Oro cookie treats for dessert.

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Img_1117

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Img_1118

108AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:07 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Oh, man, WHAT A DAY!

Our house is under contract.  DONE

And the offer was a chunk over asking.....hopefully we'll meet the young lady who bought it.

Sounds just like how ours went: a chunk over asking by a girl.
Congratulations!
So, you are going to stay in Florida? Are you going to buy another place?

Burgers for Joe and I. Katie had a salad.
Cool day for us. I don't think it got over 90. It cooled down fast and now it is about 72 which means we will sleep better. School starts tomorrow in this area. When I was a kid, school didn't start till mid September and ended mid June. Grade school started at 8:30 and ended at 3. High school started at 7:20 and ended at 2:15. I don't know what the hours are now. I read where one school district in Colorado only has a 4 day school week to save money. Parents aren't too happy because they have to find child care.

109AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks, everyone! It's such a relief to have it over. I know it was only 2 days of showings but it was still keeping me on edge.

And, yes, Debbie, we're staying in Florida. I love my little courtyard villa - only about 1,200 sq. ft., 2 bedrooms, 2 baths house. No more worry about dreary skies, torrential rains (well, there is that....) but NO SNOW!

110AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So glad all the pieces of the puzzle are fitting together.
See....  the extra work you and Dane did, helped attract the buyer.
Good luck. God Bless.

111AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper tonight .... (( NO SPAGHETTI PLEEZE ))..., will be ( drum roll )
Yippee Doo!.... "Beth Burgers" ..... (w) Sweet Hot Pickles on the side.
No rain today; so no excuse for not grilling burgers.

112AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Here is one for Debbie ( Bugster 2 )

Little Liam has Hand and Foot in Mouth virus...... Never heard of it! I know, I never had it.
Gee, I wonder if he could have possibly picked it up in day care from other kids. ? .... Poor kid was so itchy, they had to let him soak in aveeno bath to help with the itchy. 

He understands, so they should repeat to him ( don't put stuff in your mouth ) and keep you own hands out of your mouth. 

113AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 pm

NormM

NormM

I picked up some okra and tomatoes at a roadside farm stand and decided to grill a steak to go with them but then decided to add a shrimp salad too. I thought the steak alone would not be enough. I was wrong. Neither of us finished everything. There are left overs.AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 20180823

114AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Out with a friend again. Trying to have a chance to visit with everyone before our final trip back home. Don't know how long before we make it here again....the kids will come visit us there.

115AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I reheated some leftover brats for my lunch so I really didn't care if I had a protein for supper.

It's been raining and dreary all day and I didn't want to drive to the store for inspiration.....so, in the produce drawer I knew I has a couple green zucchini and onion. That's supper. I also don't want to make anything that messes up the stove - that would mean spending time to clean it again. LO.L

116AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a big bowl of salad for my lunch.....ice burg lettuce, cucumber, some sweet peppers Andrea grew and brought to us when she visited, a couple slices of Black Forest Ham and a boiled egg. When I got it all mixed together I realized it was way too much for one lunch so I'll have the other half for my supper with something.....don't know what yet.

I even had to mix up some salad dressing since the only bottled kind in the refrigerator (since Robin took all her condiments to her house) is Dane's Greek Dressing ~ full of ((yuck)) FETA CHEESE. But I had picked up a couple little packs of honey when I brought some left over biscuits home from Bob Evan's Restaurant so I used that to help sweeten up some cider vinegar, oil & Tabasco Sauce. I made enough to use a few times but not so much that it'll make me sad if I toss a bit that's leftover.

117AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina bought some great pork steaks yesterday.
We braised them, and added potatoes last hour of cooking.
I made macaroni salad.

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Img_1119

118AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Braised pork with potatoes just makes me feel good all over! Looks yummy, Jimmy.

I went to the store to get supplies for the next week, don't know how I can be out of laundry detergent.

I saw asparagus on sale and that made me hungry for creamed asparagus on toast.....not for everyone, to be sure! Dane won't eat it....so it's perfect for me to make when I'm cooking for myself. It sure hit the spot.

I saw a cooking post today on another site and someone mentioned Dill Pickle Soup ~ so I picked up a small jar of dill pickles and a potato so I can have a pot of soup next week. If it sounds good, I'm fixing it for me! LOL

119AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:22 pm

NormM

NormM

I made Chicken Curry tonight.AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 20180824

120AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:22 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Here is one for Debbie ( Bugster 2 )

Little Liam has Hand and Foot in Mouth virus...... Never heard of it! I know, I never had it.
Gee, I wonder if he could have possibly picked it up in day care from other kids. ? .... Poor kid was so itchy, they had to let him soak in aveeno bath to help with the itchy. 

He understands, so they should repeat to him ( don't put stuff in your mouth ) and keep you own hands out of your mouth. 

I just read about hand and mouth disease. Never heard about it before. Apparently, in some states it has become epidemic. Kids are getting it from daycare. Hope you don't catch it.

Back in July I ordered an new KA mixer. It got sent to the wrong address. Not my fault. Got a second one and the head lock would not hold. Got a third and the paddle post spring is missing. Waiting for my fourth to arrive.

Eggs Benny tonight. Just when I was starting to make it, Katie told me she had to run to the bank. Had to wait for her to return to start dinner. She had all day to do her errand.

Got hit in the calf by a baby gate which left a 4-inch bruise. No problem but it has crippled me. I can hardly walk when I first stand up. Must have burst a blood vessel.

Getting a larger freezer tomorrow. 15.7 cu/ft. My old one was only 5 cu/ft. Hopefully, I won't have to pull out everything to find something. Joe said if I fill this one up, there is something wrong. I wanted to slap him. He doesn't realize that Katie has filled up my kitchen freezer with her frozen dinners. Those counter-depth French door fridges hold nothing. What it does hold is all of Joe's gallon size jugs of his drinks and milk leaving no room for anything else. Every time I open the door to the fridge it explodes cat food and dog food cans.

121AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Congrats on the new freezer, Bugs. I had an ancient Sears brand upright freezer inherited from my mom. It was HUGE. And I had it full. Of course, that was when I was still freezing green beans, corn & tomatoes from the garden or farm stands. Now days I make do with my refrigerator freezer and worthless side-by-side freezer of the garage refrigerator. But, it's better than nothing.

I'm making shrimp and grits for my supper. I've already made the bacon cream sauce to top the grits with. I've only a few pans available so i make stuff in shifts and I'll reheat in the microwave as I need. I feel like the queen of improvisation!

122AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Joe seems to think I am hoarding or buying too much food. I do buy multiples on certain things when they are at a bargain price. Right now I probably have 6 or 8 pints of Baskin Robbins ice cream. It was $2.25/pint and normally is at least $4.00. I have 3 or 4 pints of turkey gravy that I made from last Thanksgiving's turkey carcass. I have a bottle of key lime juice, a container of lemon juice and a container of lime juice. I have 4 steaks, 4 chicken breasts, a package of scallops and a package of shrimp. One small package of chicken tenders, a bag of wheat flour, a couple loaves of bread, 3 bags of vegetables, 8 (not my choice but Joe's) cans of some kind of Hawaiian juice, a quart of Tommy's chili, a bag of potato's O'Brien and a few other odds and ends. I don't think it is too much but what do you think? Too much? Inside freezer has a bag of cod, a bag of tilapia, 2 pints ice cream, 1 bag broccoli and the rest is filled with Katie's frozen dinners.

Right now I am so mad at Katie because of her dirt and even madder that she uses Joe as her built in concierge. She has him driving her to the train station 45 minutes away so she can visit a friend who is having cancer surgery. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that she doesn't drive her own car to the station and leave it there overnight. OK. So it is risky for a break-in but that is her problem. So he has to drop her off and pick her up.

123AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Crybaby wrote:Jimmy, the pic of Liam and your DIL was adorable. How old is Liam now anyway?  Is your granddaughter in her own apartment now, or are she and LIam living with her father?  I think that's where you said she went when they left your house.

Thanks Michelle.
He is getting more teeth, and thank God, they are straight! Smile
He is losing the infant look ( I call it the Fetal Features )

He will be 2 on Halloween day!
He and the Granddaughter live with my son and wife. We pick him up on tuesday at 3 from the pre school by us. He is really doing well at the pre school. We were against it, but we were wrong. He really is learning.
His Mommy drops him off at 9, and she is 1 minute from the home depot where she works full time.

His father, Never gets him. ( No $upport =  no visitation )

Son Jims wifes mother lives in her Mother Apartment with them, and she has no problem watching him. She just adores him.
Amazingly, he is such a good boy. He listens, and is quiet.

God love him. He's precious!
Here is another one with Grandma Gee Gee ( Sherrie ).

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Img_4710

OMG! He's even cuter in that one -- so is Sherrie!

Jimmy, I'm so glad you and Tina have noticed how Liam is learning. I think ANY type of education prior to first grade is really advantageous. At least it's what I've read. Even if the child is just being ENGAGED most of the day, I think that pays dividends. When one really tries to help them get a jump on learning (let's face it, learning is fun and enjoyable when you're young until we adults inadvertently teach children certain things aren't fun), it shows up as to not only how well children do in school later on, but it serves its purpose in the socialization of a child. It's best we learn at a young age how to get along with one another, different as we may be; I think early exposure to people outside of our family helps with a child's overall development, too.

Your granddaughter sounds like she's doing well, too. Glad she found a job she likes. It's nice you and Tina can pick Liam up once a week so you can appreciated all the changes he's going through as he gets older. He really is looking more like a "toddler" than an infant -- so so cute!

124AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I cooked cod for the first time yesterday. The recipe had a lemon butter sauce. It was very good. It didn't have a fishy taste that I hate. We thought we would eat dinner outside for the first time. BIG MISTAKE! I have never, ever seen so many flies! They were all over us and our food. They drove me inside. We never had this problem at the old house. Anyone have any ideas to keep them away so we can eat outside? Other than an enclosure, I have no idea what can be done.
Yesterday morning I walked outside in the back and hovering by the house were 4 hot air balloons. One was red with a huge pirate skull and crossbones. There is a private airport about 1 1/2 miles away and guess they launch from there. Very pretty.
Tonight is going to be a cold Asian chicken salad for dinner. That should be nice.

My mom hated flies bothering us when we ate outside.  What she used to do, was fix a plate just for them. Food scraps, sugar, and a tsp. of stinky mackerel cat food.
She set it out away from us. She would turn on a box fan ( $19.00 in K-Mart ) so it blew gently on us and the table of food. Flies HATE wind!

We had quite a breeze and it didn't bother the flies. I looked on Google and people swear that placing glasses half filled with water and a few pennies placed around you keeps them away. I will give it a try. Another swears that balling up brown lunch bags and hanging them around where you are eating keeps the flies away. IDK. They say the flies think they are hornets nests.

Luckily, flies bother us less when there's a breeze, too. I hope you find something that tames them. Here, it's a climate thing. We always have more in the summer (well, when it's hot and humid).

125AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda HL wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:I'm planning to cook some egg rolls tomorrow, I cooked the filling today, tomorrow I'm going to roll them and fry them, we are planning to have home cooked Chinese foods at my parent in-laws house on Sunday, egg rolls, potstickers and fried noodles, I'll take the pictures later

Sounds divine, Imelda, and I can't wait to see the pictures!

I sure hope there were no problems for your friends or family due to the earthquakes in Indonesia. You've been on my mind a lot lately when I watch the news!

Thank you for asking Michelle, our family and friends are safe from  the earthquakes last week, it happened to another island, it has bad impact, for now most Indonesian people try to help with all kind of donations. We pray it wont happen again, but who knows what will happen deep underneath the sea  Sad

Here is on our Chinese food menu today.. from clockwise: Egg rolls. Fried Vermicelli with chicken, green beans, carrots, shallots and garlic with fried garlic oil, soy sauce for the sauce. Gyoza/Potstickers with ground pork and shrimps, grated ginger and garlic, napa cabbage and chives, and the last picture was Shrimp rolls, minced shrimp and pork meat, tapioca flour, green onion, rolled in tofu skin, steamed, then cut and deep fry, oh they are so good

AUGUST 2018; Whats for dinner? - Page 5 38939010

So glad to hear the earthquakes didn't impact you directly, Imelda.

Your Chinese food looked so pretty, I had to re-run the pics! Like Beth said, your dinner really made me want Chinese food!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum