Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner?

+4
bethk
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
Crybaby
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 17]

151June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Uhh??? What the heck are you smoking Beth?....or drinking?

Honest to goodness, Jimmy......I do NOT remember ever making salmon.  I don't even like the stuff.  Maybe I made it for Dane ~ he loves the fish.  But I don't recall this at all.

(a memory is a terrible thing to lose!)

Maybe you, or someone else, copied it and noted that it was the same plate! Maybe when it was posted by someone else (I can think of one person who might have posted it), you copied it BECAUSE it was the same plate as yours. I seem to remember a post or two by someone noting that they had the same plate or serving platter as in the picture. I even remember seeing a photo here that someone made that looked EXACTLY like a post I saw on the Virtual Weber website -- no lie!

152June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara wrote:Making some chicken livers and vegetables for myself tonight. I love liver, my fav is rabbit livers. When hubby used to slaughter our rabbits, he gave me the "innards". I cooked the hearts, kidneys etc. for the dogs treats, but we ate the liver. Yum, Yumm, yumm. Lots of onions, black pepper and not much else. I can't buy rabbit liver, but chicken livers are a close second. I just knocked on my next door neighbour's door. She's a nurse and works odd shifts. She's never had chicken livers but is game to try! Gonna microwave her a potato, just in case.

I’m not a chicken liver fan per se, Lore, but I do like things like pâté and terrines that are made from liver.  And I don’t mind chicken livers chopped up real fine and added with other giblets to things like turkey gravy, dressing or dirty rice.  But a plate of chicken livers, not for me.  I don’t like calf’s liver either.  I’ve got to admit that liver smells delicious (I’m totally unfamiliar with rabbit liver) every time someone has been cooking it, but I always found calf’s liver to taste gritty when I tried it, no matter who made it.  Chicken livers if cut up I can handle but not as an entrée or a plateful of them!  My father, though, absolutely adored all types of liver, and I remember seeing him down a plate of chicken livers he had been so excited to find on a lunch menu one time.  He’d have considered himself lucky to have shared your dinner, Lore!  As a kid, I’d eat liver cheese but I think I did it just ‘cause my father liked it, as I can’t stand it now!  

Glad your neighbor liked it!!!!

Last edited by Crybaby on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

153June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Crybaby wrote:
bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Honest to goodness, Jimmy......I do NOT remember ever making salmon.  I don't even like the stuff.  Maybe I made it for Dane ~ he loves the fish.  But I don't recall this at all.

Maybe you, or someone else, copied it and noted that it was the same plate!  Maybe when it was posted by someone else (I can think of one person who might have posted it), you copied it BECAUSE it was the same plate as yours.  I seem to remember a post or two by someone noting that they had the same plate or serving platter as in the picture.  I even remember seeing a photo here that someone made that looked EXACTLY like a post I saw on the Virtual Weber website -- no lie!

Laughed, as I just re-read your message, Beth, and saw that you recognized the other stuff on the table!  So sorry.  Write my confusion off to computeritis!!!

Last edited by Crybaby on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

154June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Andrea wasn't objecting to eating at home tonight.....maybe the rain showers had something to do with that decision, LOL. So, I used the last of the grilled chicken and made chicken enchiladas with all the fixins'.....

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 IMG_20170616_171946292

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 IMG_20170616_172601620

155June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:
Laughed, as I just re-read your message, Beth, and saw that you recognized the other stuff on the table!  So sorry.  Write my confusion off to computeritis!!!

I mentioned to Andrea about my mystery salmon meal post and she said she remembered when I made the meal......she was surprised because she knows I like salmon as much as she does.....LOL And she thought it was quite a sacrifice on MY part to make something that her dad likes. Guess that says quite a bit about ME, huh? Hahahahaha!

156June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Maybe you, or someone else, copied it and noted that it was the same plate!  Maybe when it was posted by someone else (I can think of one person who might have posted it), you copied it BECAUSE it was the same plate as yours.  I seem to remember a post or two by someone noting that they had the same plate or serving platter as in the picture.  I even remember seeing a photo here that someone made that looked EXACTLY like a post I saw on the Virtual Weber website -- no lie!
I was here thinking. You sound like Angela Lansbury, in Murder She Wrote! ..... June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 2876911673 June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 2876911673

Do YOU have any books out there? I would be the FIRST to read it if you did. June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 4056093967

157June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made a pepperoni / cheese bread. I gnawed on that for supper. I had an ice cold beer with that; just a habit of beer with pepperoni.

Mother Superior, was out and about today, and she stopped for an ice cream, and she had been throwing up all afternoon.
I told her she may be dairy intolerant. Poor thing!
It was funny; watching the three cats looking at her, and waiting for her hair ball to approach.
I could read their primitive, but accurate minds ( Is that what WE Look like when WE get sick? )
F U N N Y
I'm gonna S S & S, and then, I am going to have an lemon tart, or an apple pie. ( Mini Pie )
Warsh it down with a nice hot cup of Krispy Kreme Coffee!

158June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Poor Tina! I know exactly how she feels.

Tonight I fed Katie and Joe some precooked shrimp and albacore poke with sea asparagus that I picked up at Costco. They were very happy.

159June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was wondering Jimmy, are there certain foods that always make her sick or is it a crap shoot? If it is always the same things, you should keep a list of those foods and try to have her stick to it. I have one. I can't tolerate chilies of any kind, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, mustards, raw onions, and so on. If I eat more than 1/4 cup ice cream, I feel very bloated.

160June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:11 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I was wondering Jimmy, are there certain foods that always make her sick or is it a crap shoot? If it is always the same things, you should keep a list of those foods and try to have her stick to it. I have one. I can't tolerate chilies of any kind, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, mustards, raw onions, and so on. If I eat more than 1/4 cup ice cream, I feel very bloated.
Debbie, she can eat scrambled eggs one day, and be ok.
Another day, the same eggs will not go down. It like gets jammed or stuck in the top of the stomach ( as she describes it ), and it can be a 4 hour period she will feel it. Now! She can eat cookies, candy ( she loves chocolate twizzlers ) , or cake, and have no problems whatsoever.

She lives on Zantac extra strength. When she gets heartburn.
I say ( Dr. Jimmy ) she has an ulcer. No

Last week, I made burgers with excellent ground 4 times beef from a butcher shop that sells only free range meats. She ate 3/4 of the burger plain, and no problem. The next day, she fried breaded eggplant, and was deathly sick after she ate.
She can eat a hot dog and get sick, but a corn dog, she has no problem.

161June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:32 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Poor kid. Sounds somewhat like me.

162June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Poor kid. Sounds somewhat like me.
Yep! Everytime she has a problem, I tell her you sound like Debbie with her stomach problems!

163June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so today is 'Truth Day' for me. I'm such a lamebrain! A good friend of mine sent me a gift of grill cooking mats because she knows I do a lot of meals on my gas grill and when they arrived it was rainy and I didn't make much on the grill that they would be appropriate for. So, then we had company and 'someone' helped do a quick clean up in the kitchen, cleaning off my countertop and the box of grill mats got stashed in a drawer.

So, after a month or so, I got a message from my friend that she assumed the mats were worthless since I hadn't sent her pics or told her about using them. I had to admit what a loser I am and that once they were in the cabinet it was "out-of-sight.....out-of-mind" and I had forgotten all about them. My memory is so terrible. I'm actually thinking of having MY name, Dane, Andrea & Robin tatoo'd on the inside of my arm so I can refer to it when I forget who I'm talking to or talking about!

So, today Andrea helped me decide on a meal to make on the grill that would be a good test of the grilling mats. I can say the mats worked wonderfully. I grilled baby bok choy with a sweetish dressing marinade, baby zucchini and mushrooms.....nothing stuck or fell through the grates or got stuck or left half cooked stuck on the grates.

Then I put on some giant shrimps with a dry spicy glaze....something we picked up today at a cute little kitchen / supply store when we went to Mt. Dora on a 'girl's outing day trip' with Lyn (AND out to lunch but I'll post about that later). The dry glaze was interesting....sugar and spices (a little more spicy heat that I would normally use) ~ you put it on the protein about 15 minutes prior to cooking and in that time the sugar liquifies and turns into a glaze with just a bit of sweet to counteract the heat of the spices.

The mats ~ the instructions say to use the box to store them.....like I'd be able to roll them as tightly as they were when I removed them from the box. I'll clean them and be sure they are dry and then roll a little looser and store wrapped in a linen towel (held with a couple rubber bands):

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 IMG_20170617_183504147_HDR

The spice glaze:

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 IMG_20170617_183522414

The vegetables on the grill.....nothing sticking or burning!

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 IMG_20170617_183605816

The glazed shrimps:

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 IMG_20170617_184659526

Supper!

June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 IMG_20170617_185356163

164June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth, how does the mat clean off?? ... Have to be scraped? ....
I got to get one of those for fish at least.
B T W ..... Your meal looks great.

#######################################

Tonight we had a what I call ( "Mistake Pierogies" ) Tina picked up a box of frozen Mr's "T's"
Pierogies, but never saw the banner ( "NEW" P 5 cheese Pizza ).
We are both burping the darn things. Tina said she needs to read the boxes better when she shops.

165June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I / We are doing NO Cooking tomorrow. We are having Take Out Chinese for supper .

We will celebrate Fathers Day too!

BTW... "Happy Fathers Day, to all the Fathers Out There!"

166June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:16 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie and I made Bahn Mi sandwiches today.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

167June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Beth, how does the mat clean off?? ... Have to be scraped? ....
I got to get one of those for fish at least.
B T W ..... Your meal looks great.

Jimmy ~ I removed the mats from the grill and left them on the side when we ate so they didn't sit on the hot grill grates. Then I just used a damp paper towel to wipe off the big stuff (it didn't stick, just wiped off) and then took off the small stuff under running water and the Dobie pad. Then, a quick wash in warm, soapy water, a good rinse & dried. They are 'air drying' on the countertop right now (because I'm too lazy to roll them and put them away.....).

They would be really nice for fish or something like a turkey burger (if you like something that 'falls apart' easily on the grill). The ads for them say you can fry an egg on one on the grill.....but why would you? Strange suggestion by the producers if you ask me....LOL

168June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Tonight we had a what I call ( "Mistake Pierogies" ) Tina picked up a box of frozen Mr's "T's"
Pierogies, but never saw the banner ( "NEW" P 5 cheese Pizza ).
We are both burping the darn things. Tina said she needs to read the boxes better when she shops.

Are you saying the pierogies were PIZZA flavor? That sounds gross to me.

Funny, but on our way back from Mount Dora today we stopped at the Polish Deli and I got some casing wieners and frozen pierogies (potato) that we're going to have tomorrow. Andrea loves the 'crunchy' hot dogs as much as I do and I've been wanting to try something from this place. If the hot dogs are good, and the pierogies are good I'll be returning to try more.

169June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Charlie and I made Bahn Mi sandwiches today.  

Ohhhh, that sounds good! I really like the pickled vegetables ~ and I've used the idea on different kinds of sandwiches.

170June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Grill Mats?? I don't understand. Why would you want to use them? I don't think you could get any kind of char on your food. Enlighten me please.

171June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

They are non-stick mats ~ look like a thin silpat ~ but they conduct heat from the grill grates. You can use them and not have food stick to the grill grates but still get 'grill marks'. As you can see, I used them for vegetables that usually stick to or get stuck between the grates. Even when the baby zucchini got 'done' (and soft) they did not fall apart and I didn't leave half stuck on the grill.

My baby bok choy DID get good char on the thin leaves - and they didn't tear or fall apart because they didn't stick to the grill grates.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a win-win situation for me. I'll definately be using them again and again.

172June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Very interesting. I am going to look into them. Fish has always been trouble for us.

173June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:23 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I was thinking about the mats. You probably don't get any smoke flavor because there is nothing to drip into the flames to create smoke or a brief flare-up.

174June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:10 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy Father's Day to Jimmy & Norm!

Enjoy 'your day' and know you are loved by more than just your kids!

175June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? - Page 7 Empty Re: June, 2017 ~ What's for dinner? Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:21 am

NormM

NormM

thank you. We don't have anything planned.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum