Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner?

+4
NormM
Crybaby
jetfan27
cookingirl
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

51March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:33 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Hey Beth, yeah it is harder and harder to lose it. I used to lose 14 lbs. in one week with weight watchers. Now my wife loses more than me

52March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

jetfan27 wrote:Hey Beth, yeah it is harder and harder to lose it. I used to lose 14 lbs. in one week with weight watchers. Now my wife loses more than me

Dane has MUCH more self-control than I.....I have no desire to forgo all the foods I love, although I do cut back on the breads and 'white' carbs (only because he prefers sweet potatoes & brown rice now). I'm almost 67 years old and if I die fat, so be it! At least I have loved every meal I've eaten! LOL

53March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was grilled chicken breast ~ his with Caribbean Jerk sauce and mine with some leftover Coca Cola BBQ I had in the refrigerator.  I made grilled zucchini planks and (not-so-low-carb) succotash ~ because I LIKE it!  Radishes from the garden for 'salad'......

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 IMG_20170307_171350346_HDR

54March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oooo! succotash...ummm! I love that.
Looks good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leftover meatballs / stuffed cabbages / bologna and american cheese.

55March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:34 pm

NormM

NormM

My camera battery went dead.  Dead like needing a burial with a memorial service and organ music dead.  My son educated me on how amazing is my new phone camera, but that was after dinner.  New camera battery is in the mail.

I made a stew from South America called Carbonada, some Asian brown rice which is kind of like whole grain rice, not at all like American style brown rice. I made it with a little butter. Charlie liked the stew better than I did. I ate before he got home and made the brown rice to supplement it for Charlie and he thought they went well together.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

56March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:06 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:My camera battery went dead.  Dead like needing a burial with a memorial service and organ music dead.  My son educated me on how amazing is my new phone camera, but that was after dinner.  New camera battery is in the mail.

I made a stew from South America called Carbonada, some Asian brown rice which is kind of like whole grain rice, not at all like American style brown rice. I made it with a little butter. Charlie liked the stew better than I did. I ate before he got home and made the brown rice to supplement it for Charlie and he thought they went well together.

Tina and I have the iphone's, and they take great pictures.
It took some to learn how to use it, but a good thing, is Tuna could be shopping, have a question on something, and she takes a picture, and sends it to me, so I can advise her on whatever she needs to know.

The only thing I need to show her, is how to download them to her computer to regain / recover, storage space on her phone.

57March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:07 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have the Photobucket app on my Android phone (I'm too cheeeeeep for an IPhone) and it automatically downloads my pics to my Photobucket account. So far I haven't had to delete any pics on my phone because I have not reached capacity.

If it's something I don't want to save ~ say it's like you, Jimmy, where I'm not sure about what model to buy and I text the pic to Dane to confirm ~ I just delete the pic from my phone AND Photobucket account, which I can do on my phone and not have to wait until I get home to my computer.

Like the guy at the IPhone store said ~ today's phones are simply little computers that have the ability to make phone calls! LOL

58March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:31 am

NormM

NormM

I have a smart phone from Samsung.  I had gone to Best Buy to look at Nikon cameras and got one for 499 but they charged me 599 and it didn't come with a battery charger so I took it back.  Turns out the my phone will take pictures just about as good and is just about as versatile.  It will do more than my old Nikon SLR.

59March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My husband and I bought the iPhone 5S back in June when Target and Consumer Cellular had a deal going. Cheap rates, no contract and a phone for $150 - new. Couldn't pass it up. Our camera was also broken and we don't see the need to replace it because our phone camera does such a good job.

60March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Those little point and shoot camera's are great. I bought one for Tina years ago.
Now it sits on the counter with a dead battery, because she uses her cell phone instead.

I remember as a kid, we would go to the local grocery store ( Jacks ) and try at getting a toy in the huge gumball machine. They had a little baby camera, and my brother hooked it into the prize shoot, and won it. It came with a small roll of film, and it really took pictures.
Only problem was, there was no film to be found for it. Dad said,"go to Hong Cong" to get it!

61March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:00 pm

NormM

NormM

I thought I'd use this space to show the differences between my camera and phone plus get your opinion on some drapes I just got. It turns out posting from my phone is kind of complicated.  First I had to send it to my computer but it would not post here until I down loaded it from email, then I moved it from down load to pictures, then back to the desktop before this site would accept it but then it posted sideways. I finally got it to look ok but it took a while.  The first picture is from my camera and shows the old curtains and the second is from the phone with the curtains I got today.  What do you think?
March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 20161110
March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 20170315

62March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Both pictures are great. I like the new drapes better. ( the spear through the loop ones ) right?

63March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:56 pm

NormM

NormM

Yeah. The new ones have the rod running through grommets while the old ones are held on by rings clipped to the top of the curtains. I have two windows so I got to packages but each package only had one drape so now if I like the new ones, I have to get two more.

64March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I like the color of the new ones. Just my opinion.....doesn't count for much at my house but it might at yours.....LOL

Norm, do you use Photobucket? My Photobucket app on my phone automatically downloads to my account ~ easy peasey to post here on the forum.

When I used my point & shoot camera I had to attach my camera pic stick to my computer and download my pics. Then I had to download the computer pics to my Photobucket account before I could post on the forum. Now, using my phone camera is 100% easier.

65March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:31 pm

NormM

NormM

I have Photobucket but my pictures do not automatically download. My camera automatically down loaded to my computer for a while but I need to figure out why it stopped.  When I take a picture with my camera, I put the memory card in the computer to download them but this site now has a way to load the pictures directly without going through the picture file. I use the picture file if I want to edit the pictures before I post them.

Thanks for your opinion. It gives me confidence to get another pair for the other window. Not I just need Charlie to say he is OK with them too.

66March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Drapes are great. You need a new toss pillow that goes with them.

67March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:47 pm

NormM

NormM

You had to say that didn't you? Smile I would not have thought about it before.  The pillows go (sort of)(analogous colors) with the color of the couch.

68March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I looked in the freezer this morning and saw two pieces of pork steak.....MY favorite pork meal. Usually, I make the pork steak (with the fat throughout) for me and boneless pork loin for Mr. Amazing. But I'm out of pork loin so he just had to suck it up and, surprise ~ surprise ~ surprise!, he ate every bite without a complaint. I did let them braise for about 45 minutes on a very low simmer so I would think most of the obvious fat cooked out. But my piece was yummy!

Broccoli and a garnet sweet potato completed my meal.

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 IMG_20170308_170354973

69March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had ham. cheese and tomato sandwiches with mayo tonight for supper.
I was watching cartoons with the baby Liam.
Tina made italian biscotti with dried cranberries and I am ready for a few with coffee.

70March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

NormM wrote:You had to say that didn't you? Smile I would not have thought about it before.  The pillows go (sort of)(analogous colors) with the color of the couch.

The red are fine. The stripes should be changed.

71March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:09 am

NormM

NormM

Charlie does not like gray drapes with the brown couch and red pillows.  I have gray in my bedroom. I may move them in there and get some red or reddish brown drapes for the living room.

72March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Here is a link that may give you ideas. Medium to light blue is another option for pillows.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/2626923/Royal-Oak-Great-Room-eclectic-living-room-toronto

73March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 pm

NormM

NormM

I moved the gray curtains to my bedroom and decided the window needed 4 panels instead to two.  I am going to look for new curtains and think I'll try maroon-ish colors next. I'll keep lighter colors in mind too
.March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Dscn4110

74March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Looks really good in the bedroom Norm.

75March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:08 pm

NormM

NormM

Thanks.  Sometimes the right color just fits in and you know it works. I didn't find any curtains exactly like I wanted so I took pictures and will show them to Charlie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum