Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner?

+4
NormM
Crybaby
jetfan27
cookingirl
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

251March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:17 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm sittin here; whacking the side of my head; trying to figure what to make for dinner today. It's Friday during the Lenten season, and Tina frowns if I eat meat today.
I figured, some cod fish, with Crab Cakes, and some shrimp scampi. Maybe some cheddar broccoli soup from Paneras!

252March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:13 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

You sound like you're trying to combine the dinner of 7 fishes to Lenten season......LOL

Any one of those choices sound good. Personally, I'd go for the cod with some steamed vegetables. Love that stuff!

Our granddaughter told me last night she had a 'wrap' while sitting on the beach yesterday.....grouper with some lightly shredded cabbage & sauce. She LOVES grouper! I love it too, but cod is on sale for $7.99/lb. and grouper is $27/lb. I don't get grouper very often.....((sigh))

253March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 am

NormM

NormM

My dad worked for the railroad.  We got free passes or reduced fares.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

254March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You sound like you're trying to combine the dinner of 7 fishes to Lenten season......LOL

Any one of those choices sound good.  Personally, I'd go for the cod with some steamed vegetables.  Love that stuff!

Our granddaughter told me last night she had a 'wrap' while sitting on the beach yesterday.....grouper with some lightly shredded cabbage & sauce.  She LOVES grouper!  I love it too, but cod is on sale for $7.99/lb. and grouper is $27/lb.   I don't get grouper very often.....((sigh))

Could you tell I was hungry when Dreaming of that fish meal?
Actually, Tina doesn't like fish, she will eat crab if it's not too much crab pieces, and she likes scampi, and I don't.
This is the house of forever changing menu's! So, in reality, Tina wants fried cabbage over noodles, and a little piece of fish ( only because it's cod, and not salmon ).

Grouper??? .... Isn't that the fish that is huge with a small mouth?

255March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm not sure what the real grouper fish looks like.....I know it's a 'bottom' fish in the ocean and way out in the deep seas it gets to be 600+ lbs. The ones caught in the Gulf and closer to shore are smaller. But I do know the flesh is nice and white and it's very mild tasting.....almost 'sweet', with no oily, fishy taste.

But, it's expensive. So I'll stick with cheeeeeeppper cod. I get it when I find it on sale.

256March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Groupers have a large mouth and could swallow a man with no problem if it is big enough.

257March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane and Josh went to see 'Kong' this afternoon and filled up on popcorn, drinks & assorted junk. So when it was time to decide on a supper no one was really jumping up to make a suggestion.

So, I told Josh HE had to decide.

(I'm a mean Grandma!)

He decided a grilled burger & chips was a good idea. We went to get some fresh ground beef and decided to pick up a package of Florida sweet corn. Dane got some lima beans to go with his burger.

I went to lunch with the ladies today so I wasn't going to eat. I did have one small ear of corn just because it looked and smelled so good ~ lunch was the Ruby Tuesday Salad Bar. I ate a huge assortment of add-ons to my romaine and spring mix base.

258March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had grilled cheese on sourdough with Claussen pickles and deviled eggs.
I had to give Joe a haircut today and the clippers slipped. He now has a 2-inch bald spot on the side of his neck.

259March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:57 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

We just watched an excellent documentary called " Command and Control". It was about the nuclear silo accident that happened back in 1980 in Arkansas. Very good and scary. I had no idea.

Joe and Katie are going to a huge car show at the Del Mar racetrack so there won't be any cooking for me. I can't walk around those things for very long so I just don't go. I guarantee that Joe and Katie will pass out from fatigue as soon as they get home. Lucky me. I get to listen to Joe snore while I am trying to watch TV.

260March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:
I had to give Joe a haircut today and the clippers slipped. He now has a 2-inch bald spot on the side of his neck.

That happened to me 'way-back-when'.....when my best friend owned a beauty salon and she use to cut/color my hair for free so she could practice different stuff on me. She had gone to a hair show and they were highlighting the 'new' style of clipper cut for women. Right in the middle of my neck the clipper guard popped off and I was 'neked' skin up to the bone at the back of my head. She turned white and had to sit down.....she was so upset. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself!

But you know what? After she shaped it up a bit (gave me two long pointed pieces on either side of my neck) it looked fine.

And it all grew back.

You just have to be creative......shave your initials in the back of his head and incorporate the bald spot. Everyone will think you did it on purpose!

261March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

All I could was laugh. He didn't think it was too bad. First time in 30+ years of doing his man-scaping has this happened. You should see what he has done to himself. If he has some wild hairs that are sticking out, he takes the scissors and cuts it off. He usually leaves a bald spot that looks just as bad as what I did to him.

262March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD#1 and her family are all finally here.....

After being on the road the week before vacation and then being in a hotel for a few days they're all ready for a home cooked meal. Simple food ~ that's what they wanted.

Huli Huli chicken on the grill (on non-stick foil), Trader Joe's California Sprouted Brown & Wild Rice and steamed broccoli.

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 IMG_20170401_183414653

263March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:34 pm

NormM

NormM

Dinner tonight was beef stir fry with a spinach salad.March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 20170410

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

264March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That looks SO YUMMY, Norm! Beef stir fry is my favorite but I usually end up making chicken because we seem to always have chicken....((sigh))

BTW.....This thread is closed. I always forget to go to the 'new month'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum