Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner?

+4
NormM
Crybaby
jetfan27
cookingirl
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

201March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Too late now! ... I wanted hot dogs for supper. Took a nap, and jumped up starved, I grabbed the corned beef, sliced heated in the micro, and made a dripping juicy sandwich on the rye bread with mustard. A beer to wash it down, and now I am happily filled with joy!
Just had a small prune mini danish. They look like 3 more will be devoured before bed time tonight.
Honestly, they are little. Two bites, and gone!

202March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Today for lunch and dinner is Old Chicago pizza. One that is big enough for two meals for both of us.

Norm, when I was younger ( ? 40's ? ) and fat, I could eat a 16 inch diameter pizza pie, plus maybe 3 more slices, easily.

Now at 72, and fat ( Fat never went away ), I could only eat 4 slices.
5 at max. March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 2825942945

The other night though, Tina made a delicious pizza.
Dough from Blue Tube Pillsbury, rolled out on an oiled with olive oil rectangular pan; then sauced and cheese etc.
It baked in the 375 degree oven, and at the same time, the bottom crust, fried, nice and crispy.
What a great tasting pizza.

203March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 pm

NormM

NormM

When I was in my 20's I could eat a whole pizza.  Today I was satisfied with one for lunch and one for supper.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

204March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I had the stove repairman in today. $175 to re-solder some relay connections on the motherboard. Not bad. I was expecting it to cost a lot more.

I had to get rid of some asparagus, so it is roasted asparagus lasagna tonight with garlic cheese bread.

205March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The skirt steak was good for the steak fajitas....I only seasoned it with some Cajun "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning and browned it in my cast iron skillet. Topped with lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, avacado and some onions & peppers I sauteed until tender. Made some guacamole to go with the fajitas.

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 IMG_20170321_171128412

It was an all around crappy day.....well, expensive day, I should say. I called a local repair shop to take my car in to have the 'check engine' and 'oil light' checked out. Then, before we were suppose to leave to take the car in I was going to take the golf cart to a neighbor's to deliver a party invitation for Saturday. Golf cart wouldn't go.

I walked down and Mr. Amazing started to check 'under the seat' (as opposed to 'under the hood' on the car......) to see if he could fix it easily.

Car went to the shop. Faulty oil sensor unit ~ difficult to replace as the starter has to be removed to get to the thing. So, of course, we'd rather have them replace it as opposed to Mr. Amazing having to mess around trying to find it and get the part....yada, yada, yada. Besides, our hydraulic auto lift in the garage is also on the blink! LOL

$300+ and 1 hour later, we're back home and he's back working on the golf cart. He finally determines, even though he doesn't have a battery tester/volt meter/whatever, he thinks that's what it is. Back to the same repair shop ~ full service place. They check the battery....yeah, that's the problem. Mr. Amazing suggests a discount since we were just there and dropped $300 ~ they took $15 off. Nice guys (well, at least it was better than a poke in the eye) and another $120 to get home with a spiffy new charged up battery.

I think I'll buy a lottery ticket this week and maybe I can recoup my losses......

206March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Fresh mozzarella cheese balls, olives and peppers. Salami and bread. Like a salad.
GD and Sherrie and Sherries mom ( AKA Grandma Donna ), had french toast.
Tina wants Farina.... later.

207March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today, we splurged. We let Hungry Man and Hungry Mam... cook us dinner.
Salisbury steak dinners. I guess soon, they will be forced to call them "Hungry Person's" Dinners.
IDIOTS Rolling Eyes
I was super hungry, and had a cup of Ramen Noodles soup at 5:00 o'clock.
Today is put out the trash day, so I was ripping up cardboard boxes to get them to fit in the can.

208March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Come heck, or high water.... I want hot dogs for supper tonight....
Canned bushes beans would hit the spot too!.

209March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Beans 'n weenies! Boy, that's a blast from the past! I can remember how much I loved to open a can of Campbell's Pork 'n Beans and warm them up with a couple sliced Dinner Bell hot dogs.....spooned on top of some sliced white bread ~ heaven!

So, I had a burger to accompany your suggestion, Jimmy

Grilled naked burger, sweet potato & Penzey seasoned green beans.

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 IMG_20170323_174101187_HDR

210March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Good looking burger and meal Beth!
Had a great meal here too! I am full, and burping from the beer. I have stinky onion breath. The hot dogs were delicious.
All signs of satisfaction of a great supper....

211March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had seafood gumbo that was frozen from last Christmas Eve dinner.
I had a few cups, and garlic Texas toast for a pusher, and beer for the washer.
Wow! ....
No dessert yet! ....

212March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking for a couple days.....

Friday was a late lunch day ~ Dane gets to 'find his own' on Ladies' Movie & Lunch day.

Today (Saturday) is the day neighbor, Jeanie, and I drive to Oviedo, FL. to witness our Brazilian friend, Ana, as she is sworn in as an American citizen. I'm looking forward to the ceremony....hope I can catch it all on video for her to be able to watch again and again. This evening we'll be taking her out for a surprise group supper at her choice of Japanese Hibachi restaurant with all the Friday Lunch Ladies there to congratulate her. We don't think she has a clue it will be any more than the three of us so, hopefully, she will be happily surprised!

213March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:20 pm

NormM

NormM

I used the last of the corned beef to make hash.March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 20170336

214March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yum, Norm! That's such a good way to use leftovers.

We had a wonderful day! Our Brazilian friend, Ana, received her citizenship certificate today at a ceremony outside a mall near Orlando. There were 40 new citizens from 22 countries who qualified to become an American.

The ceremony was very nice. Ana was thrilled to finally be through with all the legalities. Now she has to get a passport, change her drivers' license, etc. ~ she'll be busy all summer!

The best part was the look on her face when we walked into the restaurant and she saw 10 of our neighborhood ladies cheering and waving little American flags as she walked in. To say it was a "SURPRISE PARTY" is an understatement. She was so touched by everyone showing up to honor her. When we all got a cocktail I toasted her and the entire restaurant broke out in applause for her. I've never seen her smile bigger!

Here she is posing in front of the huge American flag they had hanging from a fire truck at the ceremony:

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 IMG_20170325_123104186

215March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:33 pm

NormM

NormM

What a fun day Beth.

216March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth, that was so nice to support and see your friend become a citizen.

I remember the stories my grandmother told me, as how rewarding it was for Her to become a citizen. She was born in Italy, in 1899, and came here with her mother, and two brothers, at 10 years old, and the one brother was born on the ship.
She was married at 13 years old. ( An arranged marriage )
She didn't become a citizen until 1945 when the war was over. I never thought to ask why she waited so long to become a citizen.
All I know, is she was so proud of this country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supper was different, but delicious!
Tina bought a little smoked pressed ham, about two fist size. She baked it with brown sugar, and pineapples on top. She made fresh potato salad, and we really enjoyed it.
She didn't even have any repercussions eating the ham slices. Amazing!

217March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:48 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Yum, Norm!  That's such a good way to use leftovers.

We had a wonderful day!  Our Brazilian friend, Ana, received her citizenship certificate today at a ceremony outside a mall near Orlando.  There were 40 new citizens from 22 countries who qualified to become an American.

The ceremony was very nice.  Ana was thrilled to finally be through with all the legalities.  Now she has to get a passport, change her drivers' license, etc. ~ she'll be busy all summer!

The best part was the look on her face when we walked into the restaurant and she saw 10 of our neighborhood ladies cheering and waving little American flags as she walked in.  To say it was a "SURPRISE PARTY" is an understatement.  She was so touched by everyone showing up to honor her.  When we all got a cocktail I toasted her and the entire restaurant broke out in applause for her.  I've never seen her smile bigger!

Here she is posing in front of the huge American flag they had hanging from a fire truck at the ceremony:

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 IMG_20170325_123104186

Beautiful story Beth, she is lucky to have many wonderful friends surround her, it also was a wonderful way welcoming her as a US citizen. I have been living here for 16 years and I'm still a green card holder, Dirk tries to talk to me to apply US citizenship, but I still don't feel want to, I'm happy living here as a lawful permanent resident, I've gone through the renewal process twice and each time paid a lot of money.. I told Dirk if somehow, someday I have to live alone here, I won't hesitate to grab my suitcases and fly back to live with my family, so I have to hold on to my own citizenship, my country does not allow dual citizenship, my big family live there and I don't want to live here by myself .. I pray and hope that I wont have to make this decision..... amen

218March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:07 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ana has been living in the US for over 20 years. She was married and had a daughter in Brazil, got divorced and was a working single mother for many years. After her daughter was grown and had a daughter of her own Ana moved to Atlanta and met a man from Germany who she married. He was the person who encouraged her to become a citizen as he had. Unfortunately, he passed away before she could complete the process.

Then she moved from Atlanta to The Villages when she retired from working and met her third husband, Harry, who lived in our neighborhood. He was older and had been widowed a year or so before they met....he fell head over heels in love and they got married. Unfortunately, he also became ill and passed away so now she is alone again.

Her daughter works all over the world, although she does still have a residence in Brazil, but Ana really has no strong ties to her homeland ~ most of her friends are here. She has a sister but her sister lives in Europe. So, the time was right for her to finally complete the process. It was expensive and took a long time but she's very happy to be an American.

219March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:43 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Carne asada and pollo asada tonight for dinner. While I was at the store I bought a box of those disposable foodservice gloves for Katie. She has a "thing" about certain foods getting on her hands - like mayo and butter. You should see her eat a sandwich. She holds it with two fingers and the remaining fingers are splayed out in all directions. Reminds me of a cat that is about to get a bath - all four feet splayed with claws extended.

220March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Carne asada and pollo asada tonight for dinner. While I was at the store I bought a box of those disposable foodservice gloves for Katie. She has a "thing" about certain foods getting on her hands - like mayo and butter. You should see her eat a sandwich. She holds it with two fingers and the remaining fingers are splayed out in all directions. Reminds me of a cat that is about to get a bath - all four feet splayed with claws extended.

Guy next door, cannot eat without a napkin. He never licks his fingers.
I knew people who would not touch their sandwich as they ate it.
Always held with a napkin, or with the wax paper it was wrapped in.
???? What fun is that????
I know people who eat pizza with a knife and fork because they won't touch the slice.

221March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahaha! The people you describe would be aghast sitting at MY table!

222March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Hahahaha!  The people you describe would be aghast sitting at MY table!

Same here! ....

223March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked up a package of thin sliced center cut pork chops at Aldi.....sweet potato wedges and red beets completed our supper.

I have the most boring meals......same old, same old.  Protein, starch & veg.  Never changes.

March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 IMG_20170326_170620350

224March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Sausage and peppers and onions today.
Italian $1.99 managers special day old Italian bread to eat with it, and sopping up the juices.
Dessert later! .... Right now; we are headed to the couch to watch the cooking shows.
Too dreary and cold to do any work outside. 37 degrees. Too much snow yet to do clean up.
Yesterday was 58, and I helped change the water pump on the neighbors car.
Poor guy! ... Here he was, flushing the power steering fluid on his Subaru, and his wife pulls in after shopping with the other car with sounding like Chitty Chitty bang bang.....
Nothing like having that purple cloud overhead all the time.

225March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2017, What's cooking For Dinner? Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Joe and Katie went to Pasadena to visit a friend from high school and then out for dinner. The friend lives with her mother who has dementia. They have caregivers that come at 5AM to help with her mom. There are peacocks that roam around Pasadena and the caregivers feed them. What is so funny is that when the weekend comes and the caregivers have two days off, the peacocks still expect to get fed at 5AM. If they don't get fed they start to peck at the front door making a heck of a racket. She has to get up and feed them so they will stop knocking on her door. Too funny! Well. we had our carne and pollo with guac, pico de gallo and refried beans tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum