Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016

+2
Crybaby
Imelda HL
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:my scones are more loose....like a biscuit.  I want something that is more dense....like a lightened up shortbread cookie.  IDK ~ difficult to explain.

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 EacDZ4

52BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tina's look a lot like mine....She and I probably have very similar ingredients.

But thanks.

53BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Beth wrote:I finally messed with the recipe and got the more pronounced lemon flavor I wanted....just added some lemon extract along with zest to the dough and then topped the crunchy sugar topping with a lemon glaze made with lemon juice.

Mmm. They look pretty. I picked up a bottle of lemon extract for the exact same reason.

Beth wrote:But now I'm looking for a really good 'cookie-like' texture lemon scone. (Don't laugh) You know, like the ones the grocery store bakeries sell. Anyone have a recipe?

I [i]think[i] I know what you're talking about, Beth, like the ones the "home grown" coffee shops make and sell (not the chains) -- but these crumble when you take a bite. They're heavier, right, and oten time the places make them drop style instead of cut into a triangle? We had leftover cranberry ones today that Brian got yesterday at the coffee shop, Tout Suite, about 10 blocks from here. I was wondering how they were made this morning (these are huge).

If you make some like that, please post a pic if you can so I can see if we're talking the same scone, okay? I prefer the lighter ones (more cake-like) but the others are good, too. I've been craving biscuits lately -- I keep eyeing this jars of local honey I bought and keep thinking it would be good on some homemade biscuits just buttered with nice soft butter. Mmmm....

54BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:14 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 EacDZ4[/quote]

These look yummy, too.  Now I've got the munchies.  It's a good thing there's a set of steep stairs between me and something to snack on, or I'd be on a mission...

55BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:02 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Now I'm up. Can't sleep with leg cramps. Must need potassium. We have three bananas but they are more toward the green stage. Drinking more water to be sure I'm not dehydrated.
I squeezed my finger tips, and they puffed right back to normal, so it's not dehydration.
If they are pressed, and stay dimpled, that means there is not enough fluid in the body!

I was starving, and just grabbed a slice of bread stuffing from supper, and I ate it so fast, It got stuck in my throat, and wouldn't go down. I hate when that happens.
I guess that's my punishment for my gluttony. LOL

Looking at those scones has got me wanting some. I will ask Tina if she would like to make some. I like those cranberry raisins in them too! .... I'll bet they would be good with cheese inside too.
Naw! maybe I'm just hungry for them. I better shut up about cheese scones. If they stick or come out all messed up, I'll never hear the end of it! .....

56BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:36 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, Michelle, like the 'crumbly' ones from the coffeeshops. They are more cookie-like, yet, NOT a cookie. But they are definitely not the texture of my scones, which are more like a biscuit.

Jimmy, a good alternative for you would be to have yourself a chunk-o-cheese when eating one of Ms. Tina's 'right-out-of-the-oven' cranberry raisin scones. That way you don't have to risk messin' with her recipe, which would make her angry enough to not make them again.....that's what I'd do! You like it the way I make it or you can just make your own, mister! LOL

57BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My take on a Chef's Salad ~ with the things I like on a salad: romaine, cucumber, carrot, radish, hard cooked egg and deli ham.....oh, and why not use my Green Goddess dressing? It's been my favorite since 1970.

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 IMG_20160729_115547897

58BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:My take on a Chef's Salad ~ with the things I like on a salad:  romaine, cucumber, carrot, radish, hard cooked egg and deli ham.....oh, and why not use my Green Goddess dressing?  It's been my favorite since 1970.

BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 IMG_20160729_115547897

Salad looks good. For me though.....out with the hard boiled egg in the salad, but funny thing......put them on the side in a separate dish, and I will devour them, but not touchy touchy with the salad. LOL

59BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast was quick, and delicious. Tina picked up two egg mcMuffins the other day, and all I had to do ( after scratching and burping and opening my eyes ) was throw it in the micro wave and wall la....breakfast was served....

60BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, BRUNCH FOR JULY 2016 Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:56 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Update... I started a new thread for August....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum