Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Imelda HL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 19]

126JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jake wanted to know what was for supper.....about 20 minutes after he ate a late lunch. I told him he was having a 'Hungry Man Salisbury Steak TV dinner'.....he wanted to know if it was the one with the brownie......Hahahahaha! Kid KNOW his frozen meals!

But, alas, Grandma had other things in mind. Boned, skin-on chicken breasts on the grill with baked potatoes and that all-time favorite, leftover fried green beans, corn & onions all fried up in some bacon fat.

The chicken breasts get much of the fat removed before cooking, then simply seasoned and started in a foil pan on the grill to render off the fat and crisp up the skin. A final turn on the grill grates to be sure the skin is good and crisp.....no complaints from the table tonight!

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 IMG_20160708_171407488

127JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 13606911_10206750950672191_3653316477139819280_n

Made dinner but I am not even a bit hungry.

I have been so upset today and deeply saddened to see what is happing in this country.

I also am thrilled and I let my breath out I was holding..Chris was traveling all over Europe. Trip was for a month but he loved Ireland so much he stayed another 2 weeks. He is Irish so to speak,my great grands on both sides came over to America from there..He just loved the Irish..
Glad he is not in some airport and got home safe... cheers

128JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:20 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Beth wrote:Jake wanted to know what was for supper.....about 20 minutes after he ate a late lunch. I told him he was having a 'Hungry Man Salisbury Steak TV dinner'.....he wanted to know if it was the one with the brownie......Hahahahaha! Kid KNOW his frozen meals!

I had to laugh, as not only did you snooker Jake into believing you about the TV dinner, but you had me there for a second, too.  Me:  "Beth?  Cooking a TV dinner?  Man, she must be really tired!"

Beth wrote:But, alas, Grandma had other things in mind. Boned, skin-on chicken breasts on the grill with baked potatoes and that all-time favorite, leftover fried green beans, corn & onions all fried up in some bacon fat.

Loving veggies, the kid must've flipped at your green bean dish.  It always sounds good to me and I can't even smell it!  You ought to weigh Jake now as you're probably going to send him home with some added pounds from all the plate cleaning he's going to be doing... 

Good for you, Beth, as I know you enjoy seeing someone enjoy your good food!

129JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:35 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, it is fun to cook for Jake. Every once in a while he'll say, "I don't like that.....(whatever)" and I just look at him and say, "Of course you like it! That's why I make it for you and Grandpa. You've always loved (peas, lima beans, etc)". His favorite has always been white potatoes of all kinds.....and rice and noodles. So, meat and two sides is a great fit for him.

What he doesn't like is fruit or RAW vegetables. He's never liked fruit, even as a baby with the jarred Blueberry Buckle or Peach Cobbler.....and no cold cereal for him. It's either his dippy/hard cooked fried eggs or donuts. And the donuts don't happen very often. He did learn to get applesauce down because he had meds that tasted awful when he was little. But that's about it in the fruit department. We've tried introducing other fruits but it's either the taste or texture that he just doesn't like at all. He's a strapping boy so I don't think he's starving to death!

Barb - so happy for you that Chris is back home, safe & sound. It's such a scary time to be home and know your son is someplace you cannot get to easily if there's a problem. And, of course, he (being young) is sure he's fine and won't encounter any problems. But we all take chances every day, driving to the grocery store, walking out for the mail.....we cannot let fear rule us.

130JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:20 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well that just sucks.OMG my freezer is off again. I mean to say it is full . Oh no oh no.!!!!last time it was the breaker but I don't see any that are tripped. Going to see the guy next door but it is early . I am so stressed that I can't even drink my coffee!!!!

131JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:05 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Wish I could help you out......we have one of those power tester thingys that lets you know if it's the outlet. I'd bring it over for sure!

132JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:50 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I looked and see no breaker tripped.

Tim just came over and flipped the switch, he said the food is fine it's not all thawed. A lot is . Bags of ham and hot dogs. All the bread products some of the chicken is soft.

133JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

unless it's warm inside the freezer, it's fine.  As long as there is still cold/ice crystals, it's OK.

134JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:22 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Freezer on the fritz! Catastrophic! Save the expensive things first if you can. What a nightmare! Reminds me of an old Andy of Mayberry show where Aunt Bee bought a huge amount of meat and her freezer went out at the same time. Do you have an ice chest? You could put things in there with a bunch of ice to help keep it frozen. Maybe some neighbors have some spare room in their freezers or fridge. Or just start giving the food away like there is no tomorrow. Good luck!

135JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:59 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Beth wrote:What he doesn't like is fruit or RAW vegetables. He's never liked fruit, even as a baby with the jarred Blueberry Buckle or Peach Cobbler.....and no cold cereal for him. It's either his dippy/hard cooked fried eggs or donuts. And the donuts don't happen very often. He did learn to get applesauce down because he had meds that tasted awful when he was little. But that's about it in the fruit department. We've tried introducing other fruits but it's either the taste or texture that he just doesn't like at all. He's a strapping boy so I don't think he's starving to death!

So it will be Boston Crème Pie and not Apple Pie that you make for him, right?  I'm teasing you but I just KNOW you've got a partner in crime to share some dessert with for a while -- now get to the dessert making and send us pics!!! Razz

136JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugs thanks for your reply and concern... I only have talked to Gloria next door and she is down to Savannah for the weekend. Tim came over and fixed it. I might go out and get the soft half frozen chicken and roast them.
To stinking hot to grill. 100' so that means 110' .
I am staying in

137JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Just went out to get the chickens and they are frozen lol that was fast...

138JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

WHEW! That was near-miss. Thank goodness for your neighbor.

139JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I don't know what to fix for dinner but I just made a lime meringue pie.

140JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Wholekeylimepie

141JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The neighbors should like that! Looks good.

142JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made my first lime meringue pie a couple of weeks ago. It was so good!

What kind of limes did you use? Persian or key or bottled?

143JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Key

144JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The boy LOVES him some potatoes. So, scalloped potatoes with ham & *favorite* ~ Broccoli.

He ended up deciding the ham was too salty (it was more dry than salty, but I could see where he might think it was a bit salty.....) so he had a supper of scalloped potatoes & broccoli. I swear, he could easily be a vegetarian......except for maybe chicken and fish.....he'd want to still have chicken and fish....and maybe a steak once in a while......OK, so he'll NOT be a vegetarian. Just tonight.

LOL

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 IMG_20160709_172716891

145JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh just wait till Jimmy see what I am fixin. I am so out of it today . I just don't care!!!!!!

146JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

BBQ Next door neighbor....
His Daughters graduation from college Party. The usual....burgers dogs, mac salad, grilled chix tenders.
Meatballs, sausage & peppers, and mac and cheese.

147JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Oh just wait till Jimmy see what I am fixin. I am so out of it today . I just don't care!!!!!!

bounce bounce bounce I cant wait!!!!!

148JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:Oh just wait till Jimmy see what I am fixin. I am so out of it today . I just don't care!!!!!!

bounce bounce bounce  I cant wait!!!!!
JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 13590370_637602159730777_4718751191703260026_n

149JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Slicekeylimepie%20123

150JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  - Page 6 Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

couldn't make up your mind, huh?

at least you got good choices.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum