Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!!

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 20]

451May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 6:58 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I finally got around to making the stuffed peppers I've been hungry for. Since we had our 'first' downpour (always seems to hit right at the 3:00 - 6:00 pm time slot) I knew I would be having an oven meal.

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 IMG_20160529_180458964

452May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 8:51 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks great Beth . Yeah we had loads of rain.

I made the sides and then burned my fingers on my right hand with bacon grease from frying bacon for the baked beans. I was done cooking.
I used my grandma old time "recipe for burned " run under cool water for 30 minutes then soak in 4 tea bags in cool water. Works perfectly to draw the heat and pain out. I blisters are still there so doings much is out.

453May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I also thought my tv and power would be out. So I downloaded a bunch of books on my kindle lol I'm all for free. Then I was very surprised that tv was working. Not a good thing to watch but it was on.

So guess another day to do nothing, like every other day lol lol

454May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 9:21 am

Niagara Visitor

Thanks everyone.  Yes, some people need a little encouragement to participate, step out of their comfort zone a little.  My next 'project' is going to be to organize a bus tour to a well known Canadian art gallery, The Mc Michael Collection in Kleinburg, Ontario. My son has been in the biz of chartering busses for clients, and for about $1100. I can get a 52 passenger bus for 8 hours.  So, if we have 45 people, $25. would cover the bus and driver, so admittance and a lunch somewhere maybe $45. plus a tip should be covered by $75. per person. 

There are lots of bus trips available through the local CAA  but again, people might be reluctant to go that way, being picked up and dropped off at our front door will be much nicer.

455May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 9:33 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Looks great Beth . Yeah we had loads of rain.

I made the sides and then burned my fingers on my right hand with bacon grease from frying bacon for the baked beans. I was done cooking.
I used my grandma old time "recipe for burned " run under cool water for 30 minutes then soak in 4 tea bags in cool water. Works perfectly to draw the heat and pain out. I blisters are still there so doings much is out.

Bacon is dangerous!  Of course, we ain't no sissies so we charge ahead into battle......sorry you got a 'war wound'.  Hope it heals quickly.

456May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 11:03 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

We keep a water bowl on the edge of the bathtub. When I get into the tub for a soak, I have to fill up the water bowl with warm water. Noogie loves drinking fresh warm water. We call it "warm water soup". We decided to keep the bowl on the edge of the tub because every time I took a bath Noogie would try to drink out of the tub. I didn't want him drinking soapy water so hence the water dish.

I am watching the news and am horrified and laughing at the same time. The event involves a man, a squat toilet, a python and his privates. That is all I am going to say.

I am sitting here trying to plan this weeks menu. It is too hard. Here is a list of foods that one or the other can't or won't eat:

1.must be low or no salt (Joe)
2.no pork (Katie)
3.no beef (Katie)
4.no cilantro (Joe)
5.no bell peppers (Katie)
6.no cayenne (me)
7.no chilies (me)
8.no fresh tomatoes (Katie)
9.no canned tomato chunks (Katie and Joe)
10.no capers (Joe)
11.no custards or puddings (Joe calls them pustard)
12.most seafood (me)

The list goes on. Do you think I should tell them they have to plan the menu or I don't cook?

457May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 11:16 am

Niagara Visitor

Tell them to bring their own.  Sorry, but I think the accommodating everyone's dislikes is getting ridiculous.  I would always ask about allergies, but I think it's time for people to grow up, suck it up, Buttercup, and eat something different.  Be thankful that someone has invited you and cooked for you.  I like my one niece's attitude.............."If someone has bothered to cook for me, I can be bothered to eat it."

I don't like mustard, but have eaten lots of things with it.

P.S.  I'm sorry, I thought you were planning a party, but this is your family?  Tell them that they have to plan the menu, and take their turn cooking one day each.  However, what I posted above still applies.

458May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 11:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes that is not cool. Totally taking advantage. You are not running a diner.

I am so over putting up with people and their food issues.

I don't do it. I figure ifs it's not what you want,don't eat it .

459May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 1:22 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Bugster2 wrote:We keep a water bowl on the edge of the bathtub. When I get into the tub for a soak, I have to fill up the water bowl with warm water. Noogie loves drinking fresh warm water. We call it "warm water soup". We decided to keep the bowl on the edge of the tub because every time I took a bath Noogie would try to drink out of the tub. I didn't want him drinking soapy water so hence the water dish.

I am watching the news and am horrified and laughing at the same time. The event involves a man, a squat toilet, a python and his privates. That is all I am going to say.

I am sitting here trying to plan this weeks menu. It is too hard. Here is a list of foods that one or the other can't or won't eat:

1.must be low or no salt (Joe)
2.no pork (Katie)
3.no beef (Katie)
4.no cilantro (Joe)
5.no bell peppers (Katie)
6.no cayenne (me)
7.no chilies (me)
8.no fresh tomatoes (Katie)
9.no canned tomato chunks (Katie and Joe)
10.no capers (Joe)
11.no custards or puddings (Joe calls them pustard)
12.most seafood (me)

The list goes on. Do you think I should tell them they have to plan the menu or I don't cook?

So cute about your kitty!! love the story.

As far as the menu..
If it was me, I would just accommodate your husband. He is your priority.
Your house guest is your guest, no matter how she feels.

If she does not like the food you make, then tell her to make her own.

And I usually go out of my way to please people, but enough is enough.
She has been taking advantage of your good nature for too long.

If it is a matter of her allergies, instead of preferences, then it is a bit of a different story.
I would still have her either cook her own meals, buy her own food; or help you plan the menu...

I sound so bad when I say this, but she sounds like a freeloader to me... May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 2787578702

Ok--if that hurt your feelings, I am really sorry..Barb or Beth, please edit the post...

my evil eyes came out.. Evil or Very Mad

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 2787578702

460May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 1:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The majority of the list I could deal with....but the no pork, no beef ~ screw that! Katie could either pick out the meat or what she didn't want to eat or just eat meatless sides OR make her own. You and Joe are not vegetarians....she's squatting in your house and treating you like a servant.

Fix what you like and if they don't like it, there's always canned soup or peanut butter in the pantry.

461May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

She is actually paying rent but at a bargain price.

462May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

She is actually paying rent but at a bargain price.

Not her house.You are being a door mat..I find her incredibly rude. Thrilled I live alone..

463May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I told my husband yesterday that I am no longer going to cook unless they pick out a menu. I mean it this time.

464May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

She is a renter and should be responsible for her own food.Clean out a shelf in the fridge for her and give her a cabinet for her food.Done..Cook for you and hubby..

465May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 1:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Sorry I should mind my own business . To each their own....

466May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Well, I sort of tried that but it didn't work very well. She has her own cupboard and has some food in it but they all expired a long time ago. I gave her a shelf in the fridge but she would never throw anything away so it filled up with rotten food and I had to be the one to clean it out and recover all of my Tupperware containers. So I just took over the badly needed shelf. When I cook there is always enough leftover to feed another person so I feed her. Besides I don't think she really knows how to cook much. She has always been single and was an airline stewardess so she always ate out. And there just isn't enough room for 3 people in the kitchen at the same time. My DH always has to supervise what I am doing and tells me how it should be done. They distract me and make me burn things plus I am tripping over the two dogs that are under my feet. I have told them to put them away but they don't listen to me.

467May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 7:47 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Bugster2 wrote:Well, I sort of tried that but it didn't work very well. She has her own cupboard and has some food in it but they all expired a long time ago. I gave her a shelf in the fridge but she would never throw anything away so it filled up with rotten food and I had to be the one to clean it out and recover all of my Tupperware containers. So I just took over the badly needed shelf. When I cook there is always enough leftover to feed another person so I feed her. Besides I don't think she really knows how to cook much. She has always been single and was an airline stewardess so she always ate out. And there just isn't enough room for 3 people in the kitchen at the same time. My DH always has to supervise what I am doing and tells me how it should be done. They distract me and make me burn things plus I am tripping over the two dogs that are under my feet. I have told them to put them away but they don't listen to me.

sorry, but I think you are making excuses for her.

If the food is rotten, throw it out, and not replace it. She needs to get her own tupperware containers, not use yours.

Also, she can LEARN how to cook.. not your problem...

As far as partial rent--who cares, she is using your water, AC, heat, and now your food.. charge her appropriately.

or get a lock and put it on your fridge and get her, her own.

ok, as Barb has said, none of my business..

468May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 8:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

When Tina cooks, she says "Leave me alone; don't tell me anything, and don't suggest a thing!"
All I do now, is watch. I sometimes just shake my head as if to say "no...no!"

The other day, she had a covered pot with potatoes boiling for the potato salad. The pot started to foam over and hiss hiss hiss overboil all over the burner. I sat here just humming ( she hates when I hum ) Santa Clause is coming to town (( he knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake ))is the part she knows needles her skin. And, I let it just boil over.
Then I get..."WELL YOU COULD LOWER THE FLAME!"..... Nope! I say, don't want to alter or change your method of cooking..

I messed up today, I had the grill up to 600ºF and it was too close to the house.....and the new siding bubbled out and melted. I have to change 2 panels. I got the spares, just in case that happened.

469May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 2016-05-26%2021.57.37

Tim brought me dinner..Man I can get used to this.. May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 3267860543

470May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 9:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Th%201234

Butter Pecan made by me..Ice cream.. cheers geek May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 2599281016

471May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 30, 2016 9:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper ( BBQ ) was pretty good. Burgers, dogs, pot & mac salad...coleslaw...deviled eggs too.
Tina made Greek style chili sauce. yum
Sherries mom made brownies....we bought a cannoli cake....plus strawberry shortcake tarts with whipped cream....
Saved lots of food for DD. They couldn't make it. Too much work on the farm, plus a horse from a neighbor, crashed through a section of fence, so they had to repair the opening because some of their sheep started to get away. DD said it was literally like a zoo today! LOL

472May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 31, 2016 7:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:
Tim brought me dinner..Man I can get used to this.. May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 3267860543

Super nice people you've got there, Lady! They cook like you like to eat....good stuff.

OMG, Jimmy....you could have burned down the house! What were you thinking? Don't you have a brain?

PHEW! Thanks....I wanted to get all my "mother of the doomed children" thoughts out of my mind. I'm done now. LOL

Boy, I bet YOU were PO'd at yourself for not thinking about where you had that grill sitting. The hardest part is getting it repaired before anyone else in the house (also known as Ms. Tina) finds out what happened. If you can get it fixed before it's discovered then it never happened......

At least that's what I try to do! Hahahahaha

473May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 31, 2016 7:13 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Th%201234

Butter Pecan made by me..Ice cream.. cheers geek May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 2599281016

Oh, WOW! Butter Pecan with a lot of pecans. Just the way it should be.

474May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 31, 2016 11:23 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

Super nice people you've got there, Lady!  They cook like you like to eat....good stuff.

OMG, Jimmy....you could have burned down the house!  What were you thinking?  Don't you have a brain?  

PHEW! Thanks....I wanted to get all my "mother of the doomed children" thoughts out of my mind.  I'm done now.  LOL  

Boy, I bet YOU were PO'd at yourself for not thinking about where you had that grill sitting.  The hardest part is getting it repaired before anyone else in the house (also known as Ms. Tina) finds out what happened.  If you can get it fixed before it's discovered then it never happened......

At least that's what I try to do!  Hahahahaha

I could have kicked myself, but I did run the grill that hot before we sided the house. It has asbestos slate siding, and that never burned.
Lesson learned!... I never figured the wind was blowing the heat from the grill right on the siding. May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 2787578702

475May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 31, 2016 8:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 19 13094265_10201599510267522_3996780453530929606_n

crab cakes and dill sauce..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum