Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!!

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 20]

251May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Imelda HL wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I couldn't wait any long so I got into the cake. It is very sweet and has a texture more like a pound cake. It definitely tastes like a glazed donut or a sweet pastry. We all like it. It did have some bad reviews but we thought it was good. It is funny because it has the aftertaste of a donut. If you are interested in trying it, I got my box at Walmart. I think it was around $2.47. Not bad since it comes with glaze.

I'm sold.. thank you Bugster, but too bad our Walmart does not sell it... I'm going to look around other Walmart.. I read the reviews. some said they had to spend $20 per box, I'm not going to spend that much No  

today we had wood grilled rib-eye steak, I was craving it since I was away visiting my mom, today we saw it on sale, it was good.. 1 inch bone-in Ribeye steaks, I ate half of mine,m the rest will be sliced thin and added in flour tortilla with cheese.. yum

Try this. I found out Walmart had it through this link. I hope it works. If not, let me know what city you live in and I will see if it works for me.

http://bit.ly/1RrJXHe

thank you B.. I found it, now I need to go to the store and get it

It wasn't easy to see. It was in the cake mix aisle, but on an upper shelf. It wasn't with the rest of the Betty Crocker cake mixes.

252May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 15, 2016 10:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Now I got the itchies to try that KK cake.

I fried 3 small zucchini with onion and red bell peppers. That was supper after I woke up from a nap.
I almost bit my finger holding the hunk of Italian bread that I help push the zucchini down with.

Temps could drop to 33º tonight, so I brought in the newly planted oregano.
Tina has 4 new hanging plants in the front, but I am NOT carrying them in to the garage.
I told her to hold off on buying them. She will cover them with plastic if she wants to.

253May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 15, 2016 10:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:When I know my salt is high, I watch what I eat and drink and drink lots of water and iced tea and coffee.  A day or 2 does the trick.  

So.....the question is.... How do you know your sodium level is high?
Do you get thirsty? affraid

254May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 15, 2016 10:19 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

When does spring arrive? We rarely get down to 33 even in the winter.

255May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 15, 2016 10:20 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:When I know my salt is high, I watch what I eat and drink and drink lots of water and iced tea and coffee.  A day or 2 does the trick.  

So.....the question is.... How do you know your sodium level is high?
Do you get thirsty? affraid

It was a blood test.

256May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Sun May 15, 2016 11:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

My feet swell up my toes look like sausages lol

I have to wear flip flops, my shoes won't fit . It takes a day or two to get rid of the fluid.

Not thirsty lol I drink gallons of water.

257May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 16, 2016 3:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:My feet swell up my toes look like sausages lol

I have to wear flip flops, my shoes won't fit . It takes a day or two to get rid of the fluid.

Meee Toooo..! ! !

Now, the thing with me, is the Dr said my right foot, hahahahaha, I call it when it gets puffy.... "Bubby Toes".... that because I had knee surgery the old way where they cut me 8 inches across the knee, that the blood vessels were cut, and there is low flow to the foot on that side.
If the left foot swells, it is just barely noticeable, but the toes are ok, and a shoe fits perfectly.

I wear those elastic stockings for a day, and that squeezes out the excess fluid in the foot. I thought I could maybe get the water out if I poked it with a needle.
Boy did that hurt. I used the gun that shoots the test hole for the B/S test. I jabbed it like 8 times
It bled, but not much, and no water came out.

258May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 16, 2016 8:38 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Meee Toooo..! ! !

Now, the thing with me, is the Dr said my right foot, hahahahaha, I call it when it gets puffy.... "Bubby Toes".... that because I had knee surgery the old way where they cut me 8 inches across the knee, that the blood vessels were cut, and there is low flow to the foot on that side.
If the left foot swells, it is just barely noticeable, but the toes are ok, and a shoe fits perfectly.

I wear those elastic stockings for a day, and that squeezes out the excess fluid in the foot. I thought I could maybe get the water out if I poked it with a needle.
Boy did that hurt. I used the gun that shoots the test hole for the B/S test. I jabbed it like 8 times

JIMMY!!!!! You fib!!!! another tall tale!!!!
May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 3447731902

259May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

That brings back memories lol
When I was first dx and had to get my bs test by myself, oh my gosh. Hated to poke my finger. Yikes.
I messed with the monitor and dropped the thing and it hit my toe .. HA blood!!!

Since then I have upgraded my monitor and I have no pain what so ever lancers.

260May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 16, 2016 12:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Meee Toooo..! ! !

JIMMY!!!!!   You fib!!!!  another tall tale!!!!
May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 3447731902

Oh No! .... You should see some of the self help Dr Jimmy has up his sleeve. tongue Like, swallowing a 1/4 tsp. of Vicks Vapo rub to break up congestion in the lungs. ORrrrrrr.... Self Surgery on Moles or warts.

Pulling my own tooth once, affraid ( Never Do it again though )! hahahaha......

261May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have never done surgery on myself for a mole but I have used wart remover for removing some sun lesions. When I was in the 4th grade I did surgery on my foot for a plantar wart. My father (a doctor) told me all of the black seeds had to come out before the wart would go away. He couldn't give me the time of day to remove it himself so I did it. It took weeks. I sterilized a needle with a match, put alcohol on the wart and just started picking. I would do this every few days. After a couple of months the wart died.
My little sister had a terrible case of warts on her hands. They were all over. My father said if you remove the mother wart (the first one you got) then the rest will go away. So, at the dinner table one night, my father gave my sister a shot on the wart to numb it, and took a scalpel and cut it right off. It landed in a dinner plate. We were so grossed out. My mother was horrified and started gagging. I can think about it now and laugh my butt off. Well, it worked. Her warts were gone in a week.

262May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Mon May 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 13233024_1033567610061769_6695700355548895129_n

263May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 17, 2016 12:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I have never done surgery on myself for a mole but I have used wart remover for removing some sun lesions. When I was in the 4th grade I did surgery on my foot for a plantar wart. My father (a doctor) told me all of the black seeds had to come out before the wart would go away. He couldn't give me the time of day to remove it himself so I did it. It took weeks. I sterilized a needle with a match, put alcohol on the wart and just started picking. I would do this every few days. After a couple of months the wart died.
My little sister had a terrible case of warts on her hands. They were all over. My father said if you remove the mother wart (the first one you got) then the rest will go away. So, at the dinner table one night, my father gave my sister a shot on the wart to numb it, and took a scalpel and cut it right off. It landed in a dinner plate. We were so grossed out. My mother was horrified and started gagging. I can think about it now and laugh my butt off. Well, it worked. Her warts were gone in a week.

OMG.... that is so funny!... May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 2876911673

264May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 17, 2016 2:06 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 13233024_1033567610061769_6695700355548895129_n

Really looks delicious Barb. Is that a potato pancake on the plate at like 2 o'clock?

265May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 17, 2016 8:04 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol yes . From a pre made container. Ha . I would never buy it however it was free so I thought what the heck. Not bad. With garlic and fried in butter. Actually I think I might just buy some. I am always throwing out potatoes.
I have bought ore Ida's frozen and they were very very good.

266May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 17, 2016 8:08 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thank you Jimmy. I guess I am Queen of left overs. Oh and my dill plant is growing like crazy.

267May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 17, 2016 6:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Having breaded Pork Cutlets.... I am about to fry them now.
Tina went to see her brother and wife who had a breast removed a few weeks ago.
I figured rice; just plain, and broccoli. Applesauce to eat with the cutlets.

Just finished supper. Took pictures. I'll post them soon as they are developed.LOL

268May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 17, 2016 7:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Rollups4_thumb23

spinach roll ups..

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Rollups6

269May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Tue May 17, 2016 8:04 pm

Niagara Visitor

I have taken on a new challenge/job.................My new "neighbourhood" my condo complex has 157 units.  My new challenge is that the social committee (at my instigation) is planning to have a barbecue dinner here on the property.  Now, I have had many grill parties with 35-40 people but this is surely different.  

I am no spring chicken at age 71, but I am one of the youngest of this group, and I do like organizing things.  We have to have an idea of how many people will show up, so we have printed a sign-up sheet which is being delivered to everyone's door on Thursday, they have a week to sign up and pay $5.00 ahead of time so that we have an idea of how many people are coming and of course, what to purchase.  

We'll be doing burgers, sausages, hot dogs on buns.  Several salads, it's BYOB and bring your own lawn chair.  We have a nice grassy area with trees beside the visitor's parking for a sitting area.  Visitors parking will be partially roped off also.  

Does anyone here in this group have experience in that type of party???

270May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Wed May 18, 2016 2:02 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Rollups4_thumb23

spinach roll ups..

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Rollups6

OK Barb! .... You just knocked me in the appetite gut...I want I want asap!!.... OMG they look good. ??? Idea / basic / recipe??? please.

271May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Wed May 18, 2016 2:16 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Yesterday's Pork Cutlets!

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 J9ysBU

May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 LU7J5k

272May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol  Jimmy they are made from some leftover crepes I made..

leftover Tomato sauce with sweet I sausage,ricotta,mozz,parm..fresh basil..almost forgot the spinach HA.

wrapped or rolled and placed on sauce and other stuff, baked for 20 minutes or so..

273May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Wed May 18, 2016 9:44 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

NV that is some undertaking..IDK maybe get several folks to help you with it.$5 does not sound right. Maybe $15 or 20.I would look into a rental place for tables and or grills etc.You just need the right amount of money from all to cover the cost..

274May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Wed May 18, 2016 1:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:

We'll be doing burgers, sausages, hot dogs on buns.  Several salads, it's BYOB and bring your own lawn chair.  We have a nice grassy area with trees beside the visitor's parking for a sitting area.  Visitors parking will be partially roped off also.  

Does anyone here in this group have experience in that type of party???

That is quite a task.... I've done a spaghetti and meatballs dinner at the firehouse for around 300 people, but that was easy compared to your task.
I would say, you need ice or refrigeration to keep the salads cold.

Nice if you could grill / cook the hot dogs and keep them in warmers / crock pots / etc. That way, it frees up the grill (s) for burgers only.
You could do the hot dogs, and pan them in torch fuel serving pans in a water bath.

......just suggestions ......

275May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! - Page 11 Empty Re: May, 2016 ~ Spring Dinners We Sprung!!! Wed May 18, 2016 9:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Eggplant Parm... Horrible... The eggplant was so bitter. Micheal Angelo breaded and frozen EP at Sams Club. yuck!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum