Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS

+3
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

351DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Hey bugster, how did you make out with the test?
Are you back to eating again?

They removed 6 polyps from my colon and will do a biopsy. My colon is sore as hell just to press on it from the outside. There were a couple of nodules in my esophagus that they are going to biopsy. My throat is still sore. Funny, I have no appetite. It is just a matter of waiting to find out what the results are. I have been laying low because I just feel wiped out from everything.

352DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh "hugs". So sorry ..

353DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:

They removed 6 polyps from my colon and will do a biopsy. My colon is sore as hell just to press on it from the outside. There were a couple of nodules in my esophagus that they are going to biopsy. My throat is still sore. Funny, I have no appetite. It is just a matter of waiting to find out what the results are. I have been laying low because I just feel wiped out from everything.

Oh Dear.... you poor thing!
Remember though ( as you probably know ), the digestion tract; starting with the mouth; all the way to the end, heals relatively quickly. It's designed that way.
Did the Dr. say to eat like pasta, cheese, eggs for now till you heal. In other words, no roughage or fiber?

354DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think he said to eat more fiber. I have to have it repeated in a couple of months 'cause I wasn't cleaned out enough. Oh, joy. I guess I will have a low residue diet and a double dose of the royal flush next time. I guess I can't eat because I am too worried about the biopsies.

355DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I think he said to eat more fiber. I have to have it repeated in a couple of months 'cause I wasn't cleaned out enough. Oh, joy. I guess I will have a low residue diet and a double dose of the royal flush next time. I guess I can't eat because I am too worried about the biopsies.

The last two colonoscopies from the same Dr said to eat bland for a week, but then after that, go fiber. Lots of it.
I asked about seeds and corn, and he said eat all you want, that's old school.

Tina and I both have diverticulosis. And she eats pop corn. Two days later, she gets pain in the lower tract. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 652761166

356DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK.... dinner now is gonna be the sirloin steaks.
I can't wait.

Tina is at the laundromat washing a pile of Gabes clothes. He is still in rehab, and Tina told them not to wash his clothes. She was sick for a week, so now she has his clothes to wash. If they wash them, they use detergents that make him break out. Tina didn't want to deal with that. I can't blame her.

357DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What a quack !!! That would' be like myDr saying eat ice cream and a side of donuts ! Wash it down with Coke ! Yikes

358DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What a quack !!! That would' be like myDr saying eat ice cream and a side of donuts ! Wash it down with Coke ! Yikes
DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 2876911673 DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 2876911673 DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 2876911673 DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 2876911673

359DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:53 pm

NormM

NormM

Hope everything works out well and quickly for you Bugster.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

360DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:20 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Bugster2 wrote:

Oh Bugster! ((hugs)) I had a colonoscopy a couple years ago. The did a few biopsies; but I did not have any pain.. nor did I have polyps. They told the biopsies because I had really horrible diarrhea..

If the pain continues, I hope you contact the doctor. You should not be having pain after this procedure.

Sorry to hear you have to go through this again. That really stinks...

Just eat easy for a few days...nothing with extra fiber.. just regular. I would check with the doctor, when you get the results, about what type of food you should be eating...

((hugs)) again..

361DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Getting old isn't fun. Funny, though, I never thought I would make it this long.

362DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 002%20123

Cordon Blu  aka stuffed chicken breast..Planned on grilled lobster but rain put a stop to that..

363DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gorgeous, Barb....just beautiful!  Funny, but my neighbor & I were just talking about that chicken dish just this afternoon!  You must have sent me a telepathic message......

Thanks for holdin' down the fort while I was gone.

We are home from the cold hinder-lands! We flew from33° and landed to a wonderful 73°.  The first few days we were in Ohio it was unseasonably warm....and it was really nice.  Then the cold front came through and the rains started, then the sleet, then Beth couldn't get warm.  I had to wear SHOES & SOCKS the whole time I was there. Yuck!

But it's good to be back in my own kitchen and able to cook what I want.

Here is the Huli Huli Boneless Chicken Thighs being grilled on non-stick foil.  The marinade has so much sugar in it that it would make a horrible mess of the grill grates without the foil.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 IMG_20151231_171550864

I made a 'faux' vegetable fried rice to go with the sweet caramalized chicken.

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 IMG_20151231_172602421

364DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thanks for holdin' down the fort while I was gone.

You were gone?

DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 2876911673 DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 2876911673  missed you like crazy..Glad you are back.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 911454047

wow your dinner looks just awesome..

365DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:11 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

[font=Comic Sans MS]Tina picked up a sub sandwich for me, and a ham on white for her.
Supper is the last of the 2015 year, and we cut little pieces into finger food. We picked on that, and A pot of tomato sauce and meatballs and sausage, is cooking on the stove. I've been stealing tads of sausage.
No drinks yet. Maybe a 7 & 7 in a few minutes.

Happy New Year 2016 to everyone, from Jimmy & Tina.[/font]

366DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

well I can only hope in 2016 you will stop eating  all that bad food.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 2876911673

367DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 Empty Re: DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:well I can only hope in 2016 you will stop eating  all that bad food.. DECEMBER.. DINNER MEALS  - Page 15 2876911673

Yeah!.... I guess I do have bad food eating day's. Not many though.
The morning bg#'s have been 72 / 79 ....and the 2 hr. #'s have been 170 / to 179.
The endocrinologist Dr. said anything read after the 2Hr after eating below 190, is fine for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum