Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November............ what's for dinner?

+4
Barbara101
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 19]

126November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

If I didn't know better I'd never guess that was 'leftovers'......YUM!

127November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

thank you Beth..I am full as a tick. I could not finish my plate lol.

128November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It was roasted tomato basil soup with a grilled cheese on sourdough tonight. Then Roomie and DH hit the deep dish Dutch apple pie I made yesterday. What a pain it was to peel those apples. I couldn't find my apple corer so I used a melon baller to scoop out the centers. That pie took 10 apples. I didn't like the way the crust turned out. A little soggy on the bottom. If I make it again I think I will par-bake the crust before filling it. It was made in a springform pan. I am so glad I had sense enough to put that pan in a jelly roll pan before baking because it poured out juice.

129November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:06 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a meatloaf.
Chicken soup that Tina made from the leftover carcass from the little chicken she bought from the deli yesterday.

130November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:38 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:It was roasted tomato basil soup with a grilled cheese on sourdough tonight. Then Roomie and DH hit the deep dish Dutch apple pie I made yesterday. What a pain it was to peel those apples. I couldn't find my apple corer so I used a melon baller to scoop out the centers. That pie took 10 apples. I didn't like the way the crust turned out. A little soggy on the bottom. If I make it again I think I will par-bake the crust before filling it. It was made in a springform pan. I am so glad I had sense enough to put that pan in a jelly roll pan before baking because it poured out juice.

That using the melon baller must have been a bore trying to core a apple! lol

I got a new way to make a grilled cheese. I toast the bread in the toaster, then I slap two slices of Land O Lakes American in between, and I zap that in the microwave for 12 seconds with the plastic splash cover on top. Perfect Non- oily Greasy or butter dripping wet sandwich. And I dont have to wait for the darn thing to toast in a frying pan, and sometimes it burns on one side.

131November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:28 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Actually the melon baller wasn't bad. I just cut the apple in half after peeling it and scooped out the center with the baller. The peeling is a bitch. I wish I had one of those apple peelers or maybe I could pop the apple on the end of a drill bit and turn it on. I would have to buy one of those Y-peelers to do it that way.

132November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:45 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Actually the melon baller wasn't bad. I just cut the apple in half after peeling it and scooped out the center with the baller. The peeling is a bitch. I wish I had one of those apple peelers or maybe I could pop the apple on the end of a drill bit and turn it on. I would have to buy one of those Y-peelers to do it that way.

We have one of those machines. We clamp it on the counter, and I crank the handle, and it cores; cuts into slices, and peels off the skin, all at the same time. It's fast too!
Tina said it's the best tool we ever bought. I think its from pampered chef?

133November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:08 am

Niagara Visitor

I used to have a gadget which had two sort of hooks/loops, one end about 1/4 inch, the other a bit more than a half inch.  It was almost as sharp as a paring knife.  I could core a half an apple with one swoop of the wider loop, or a pear first using the skinnier part to get the woody part from the stem down, and then the wider part for the seed section.

It did the coring so nicely................. I have no idea what happened to it. Sigh.

OOOOps, on P.S. I should have asked Ms. Google before I posted that description. Ms./Mr. Google knows everything. https://www.google.ca/#q=pear+corer The one in the middle with the wooden handle was basically mine.

134November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think I might invest in a peeler. I just realized last night that the reason I don't cook much with apples is that they are a PITA to prep. Who owns one of those peelers? What brand and is it clamp on or suction?

135November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I had one. I bought it when I lived in WNC in Apple country and apples are free.. But it disappeared...???

136November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I think I might invest in a peeler. I just realized last night that the reason I don't cook much with apples is that they are a PITA to prep. Who owns one of those peelers? What brand and is it clamp on or suction?

bugs, we have the pampered chef one that clamps on the counter top.

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 $_57

137November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

YouTube Video of apple peeler pampered chef. demonstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ldWqobEpVQ

138November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Very nice but too expensive.

139November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugs mine was way under $20.. Check Amazon..

140November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I checked Amazon. The Pampered Chef peelers start at $35 and go up. I will buy a different brand.

141November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Niagara Visitor

Pampered chef is expensive, but their stuff is good.

142November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 12196108_921389371282264_7824767809428506929_n

143November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I checked Amazon. The Pampered Chef peelers start at $35 and go up. I will buy a different brand.

bugs.... there are a couple on Ebay for $19.20
there is one from a seller from Wisconsin that is listed used, but on the magnify look, it is brand new.

144November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 12208343_535539369937057_6608176320816421352_n

Burger .. NO Bun...Do not even miss it..

145November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I checked Amazon. The Pampered Chef peelers start at $35 and go up. I will buy a different brand.

bugs.... there are a couple on Ebay for $19.20
there is one from a seller from Wisconsin that is listed used, but on the magnify look, it is brand new.

Thanks Jimmy. I ordered a different brand from Amazon. I saw a video on YouTube about it. A no-clamp model 'cause I don't have anything to clamp it to. If it is crap I can always return it.

146November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Niagara Visitor

I met some new neighbours who just moved in down the hall in the elevator today.  As we walked toward our doorways, I said "Would you like to come in and have a glass of the wine that I have in my shopping bag so we can get aquainted?"  They said great except that could they come in about 45 minutes........................ I said, no problem.  Went in, put the wine in the fridge, prepared a lovely (IMO) platter of cheese, crackers, some smoked salmon and olives.  It looked soooo good................ Then Bruce knocked on the door, could they have a rain check, because one of their children had just stopped by.  So, that was my supper!  It was delish!

P.S. I forgot, I also had some super shrimp.

147November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 12208627_467721583412225_3407729012863174022_n

stuffed cabbage from the leftover burger from last night..

148November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 12208627_467721583412225_3407729012863174022_n

stuffed cabbage from the leftover burger from last night..

WOW THEY L00K GOOD

May we get a brief content of the filling Barb?

149November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was Dr. day for me, and I fasted since 10 pm last night.
I was starved when I got done.

Had scrambled eggs and a slice of toast made with all whole grain bread with no seeds in it.

Supper was a bowl of beef broth with about a cup of oriental noodles. It was not enough, but it was enjoyable. E v e r y noodle. LOL

150November............ what's for dinner? - Page 6 Empty Re: November............ what's for dinner? Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I chopped up the burger and added the cooked onions and some tomato and cheese.Wrapped it up and then a bit of sauce and steamed them..

No rice for me ..or Bread..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum