Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner??

+5
Imelda HL
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Geeze Louise, Jimmy ~ yer gonna do yourself in during one of your night episodes.....maybe you should wear a Sumo Wrestler outfit, one of those blow-up models, instead of pajamas.

just a thought.....

LOL

http://www.wholesalehalloweencostumes.com/adult-costumes/mens-costumes/humorous/73122-inflatable-sumo-adult-costume.html

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Geeze Louise, Jimmy ~ yer gonna do yourself in during one of your night episodes.....maybe you should wear a Sumo Wrestler outfit, one of those blow-up models, instead of pajamas.

just a thought.....

LOL

http://www.wholesalehalloweencostumes.com/adult-costumes/mens-costumes/humorous/73122-inflatable-sumo-adult-costume.html

Oh! Dear Lord...so funny Beth! That is exactly what would work.
"The Man In The Balloon!"

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 I have laughed so much with your story. Glad you survived the trip.. jocolor

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 2876911673 I have laughed so much with your story.  Glad you survived the trip.. jocolor

Honestly Barb.... I am scared xxitless to go to sleep tonight!!
Seriously!! ..... Maybe I should hook up an alarm like tether so that a bell will go off if I get up and sit in bed. Darn....I'll probably hear a bell, and think I am in the ring, and punch the livin hell out of poor Tina.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a pre-eat and then a real dinner.
The pre was a Wendy's Burger on the new Pretzel Bun. It was Dry, and the bun was not buttered and toasted. A few spinach leaves, and a slice of bacon. A square slice of yellow cheese, and a super thin slice of tomato. Very Bland taste. And for $5.67....Never Again Tina said! She got Uncle a cheeseburger for $4.99... A total ripoff. MacDonalds sells their Cheese Macdouble for $1.00

Now to eat the Lasagna that Tina made. GD said it wasn't good! Hmmm! Guess what?
Tina used the filling I made for the manicotti that was leftover, and she forgot to add the mozzarella cheese layers. Oh! Well!.... She's Tired.
I have day's like that myself! lol!

306AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:37 pm

NormM

NormM

The place in Junction City ONLY made smoked sausage.  The didn't make all beef or Italian or any other type of sausage or low salt. Those were done by the same super company but at different locations.  They might have changed the recipe with the brand name, but I didn't get that impression when I took a tour of the plant.

I tried to find the name of the company that was there when I was and found that it is now run by John Morrell food groups which has Armor, Carando, Eckridge and Smithfield.  Maybe they don't make Johnsonville any more.  Actually I think I was thinking Eckridge instead of Johnsonville.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

307AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had 3 small pieces ( = 1 Large Piece ) of Tina's lasagna. It was Very Good.
Granddaughter didn't let it set before she ate it.

The filling she used, I had leftover, and I had a lot of grated (that I did from the ball) of mozzarella Poly-O cheese. I enjoyed it. Had jar sauce, but it was good sauce, and not swimming or sliding!

Now I will create a surprise....
Tina will soon peter out, and fall asleep in the recliner. She does not know I mad a mix of Italian Meatballs with the ground beef that was leftover from the burgers she pressed for her and Uncle yesterday!.... Later...I will fry up them babies..and create an aroma that no one can resist.

I guess around 24 meatballs 1-1/2" and shaped oval and flattened and fried golden brown.
Perfect finger food, and they won't roll off your plate! LOL

OLDER PIC .... AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Meatballsandhalupkies00

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 004-2-1

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara...looks like refried beans with salad stuff.

Had three ( 3 ) yes three hot dogs. Tina made BBQ dogs.
I hade two slices of pizza from Bella Pizza too!
Dessert was blueberry pie. ( Donaldsons farms up the street...and S W E E T )
Tina make BBerry pie better.

310AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

grilled Johnsonville bratwurst for us

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 DSCN0120

311AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:26 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

They look good sandwiches. Lot of bread ( *for me ), but it looks like you dug some of the inside out on the buns?
I will bet they would be good cooked and then wrapped in your bun recipe dough? ummm!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I spend most of the day with Lyn, making ice cream base so we can have fresh ice cream at our Monday cook-out. We cooked pork chops on the grill, with some baby smushed / fried potatoes, steamed broccoli and a plate of cut up vegetables in lieu of a salad.

Then, for dessert, we all got a little taste of the strawberry ice cream we had made, even though it wasn't completely frozen. YUM!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Jimmy! WOO HOO!!!! I looked up on the Johnsonville site and found they distribute the Johnsonville FIRECRACKER brats to most of the Publix grocery stores. I've never noticed them before, saw the original, the beer, the beer & cheddar, Sweet Italian, Hot Italian....NEVER noticed the FIRECRACKER spicy sausages before.

They were on 'sale' (well, a sale price for Publix....) at $4.99 each. I picked up 3 packs. They were still frozen, although in the 'fresh' meat case. So I just stashed them in the garage freezer. I don't know when I'm going to fit them into the meal plan, especially since we just had brats.

Since they are spicy, I'm wondering if a sweet caramelized basalmic onion relish might be good on them...

just thinkin' out loud here.....

Barbara101

Barbara101

Guess I should get myself together & go..lol. I swear I am sooooooooooo lazy.I have shopped most of the morning online. Going to be a HOT one today. 90% humidity..95`plus so I am not grilling..

Barbara101

Barbara101

Barbara101 wrote:AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 004-2-1

Same lunch today.. geek

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Hey, Jimmy!   WOO HOO!!!!  I looked up on the Johnsonville site and found they distribute the Johnsonville FIRECRACKER brats to most of the Publix grocery stores.  I've never noticed them before, saw the original, the beer, the beer & cheddar, Sweet Italian, Hot Italian....NEVER noticed the FIRECRACKER spicy sausages before.

They were on 'sale' (well, a sale price for Publix....) at $4.99 each.  I picked up 3 packs.  They were still frozen, although in the 'fresh' meat case.  So I just stashed them in the garage freezer.  I don't know when I'm going to fit them into the meal plan, especially since we just had brats.

Since they are spicy, I'm wondering if a sweet caramelized basalmic onion relish might be good on them...

just thinkin' out loud here.....

That's great Beth....
The ones Tina got, were the Hot & Spicy and in the corner of the label, it say's (small print)
Cajun Spices. That is good enough for me. NOW! Firecracker???? I have to check that out, and find them. Not right away, but later. I don't want to burden Tina mommy any more than I have!
She is the kind of person (God Bless her) that will go to the bowels of the abyss to get something someone wants! .... I gotta go on the website and find these Firecracker ones!!!
Thanks.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thought these were the ones you were talking about.....

OMG, what if they're AWFUL? I'll have wasted $15.00 !!!

LOL

That won't be the first or last time I did that.....

hahahahaha

Barbara101

Barbara101

take them back...I do that now.I took back coffee I did not like.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I can't take them back ~ ~ ~ I tossed 'em in the freezer and haven't even tried them!

For all I know they are fabulous.....or not.

Dummy Me.  I should have found out what the heck he was talking about before I went and bought 3 packages.  

I'll find out sometime next week when we try them.

(my fingers & toes & eyes are crossed just waiting.....)

Here's the link to the Johnsonville home page.....brat products:

http://www.johnsonville.com/lines/brats.html

Looks like Jimmy got the Spicy and I got the Firecracker....from the description, I think I got the hotter of the two.

We'll see....

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Sloppy-joes-dinner

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked up some boneless/skinless chicken thighs last week ~ BOGO. Bottom line, a decent price per pound even though I still need to trim a lot of fat off them.

I browned the cleaned meat and seasoned with some garlic/chili sauce and then braised in some homemade chicken stock with a bit of soy and oyster sauce until the meat was tender. Then I wiped out the pan and stir fried the vegetables until tender crisp and reintroduced the chicken, thickened with a bit of cornstarch slurry in the pineapple juice and let it simmer for a few minutes.

Dane ended up having thirds....don't know if he was extra hungry or if it was as tasty as I thought it was.....lol

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 TeryakiChicken

Teryaki Chicken and Vegetables (probably spelled that incorrectly....sorry)

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 083114

322AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I thought these were the ones you were talking about.....

OMG, what if they're AWFUL?  I'll have wasted $15.00 !!!

LOL

That won't be the first or last time I did that.....

hahahahaha

Beth. They are better and hotter. They are New product, but only temporary available. The closest by me are in walmart in Clinton, NJ .
16 miles south of here.
None in N. E. Pa. either. bummer

323AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:13 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I picked up some boneless/skinless chicken thighs last week ~ BOGO.  Bottom line, a decent price per pound even though I still need to trim a lot of fat off them.

I browned the cleaned meat and seasoned with some garlic/chili sauce and then braised in some homemade chicken stock with a bit of soy and oyster sauce until the meat was tender.  Then I wiped out the pan and stir fried the vegetables until tender crisp and reintroduced the chicken, thickened with a bit of cornstarch slurry in the pineapple juice and let it simmer for a few minutes.

Dane ended up having thirds....don't know if he was extra hungry or if it was as tasty as I thought it was.....lol

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 TeryakiChicken

Teryaki Chicken and Vegetables  (probably spelled that incorrectly....sorry)

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 083114

Big plus on that meal Beth. I could taste every piece of veggie in that dish.

324AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 13 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:28 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had the labor day celebration here today.
The ribs were done to perfection in the oven low and slow.

Made sausage patties... tough and hard like hockey pucks. Tina said the pork was too lean and not butts. Dry as heck.
Then hamburgers... they just shrunk but were good.
Hot dogs with the Greek Style chili sauce were perfect. Salad kale and spinach, I don't like the kale.
Like eating a brillo pad. Haaaaa
Ribs were fatty, but the flavor of what meat there was....was good tasting.

DIL made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing.
Ice cream.

Now tomorrow we can relax, and have a late breakfast. Tina wants waffles. I guess I will make the batter now for the yeast raised waffles. I'm so full; I don't even want to think of waffles now! Ha Ha Ha

Have a great Labor Day Everyone!.......

bethk

bethk
Admin

sounds like a wonderful celebration....and now the kids can go and do 'their thing' today since you all got together on Sunday.

I don't mind fatty ribs ~ I think they taste better than the lean ones. The kale salad is kind of a funny one to make....gotta shred the kale thin and then add some acid (like the vinegar or lemon juice) and massage and mix with your hands....I wear gloves to do it. Then let it sit for a bit to allow the acid to break down the fiber in the kale. Personally, I LIKE the flavor, but we all know everyone has different tastes and it's OK if you don't like it. Just leaves more for the ones who do!

I'm gettin' stuff ready to go for our holiday cookout with friends. I'm making creamed corn. I'm also going to roast some of the shrimp for roasted shrimp cocktail (ala Ina). I'm also taking along some bruchetta toasts I have in the freezer to add some roasted tomatoes & top with 'fresh' mozzarella ~ one you've all seen before. If I remember, I'll stop at the store and get some fresh basil since the stuff I was growing dried up in the summer heat.

Lyn's got a rack of ribs to bake / grill and is going to make some sliders since her husband isn't a fan of either the shrimp OR the ribs. He'll eat all the burgers he can get his hands on, though. Everyone should be happy at the end of the day.

So, don't anyone work too hard today ~ take time to relax and have a good day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum