Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good Thoughts Requested...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Good Thoughts Requested... Sun May 19, 2013 6:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just spoke with our daughter in Indiana ~ they are sitting at the ER waiting for results to see if our (almost) 9 yr. old granddaughter will need surgery for an apendix attack.

She had an upset stomach last evening but thought it might be from not eating much good food during the day, then, she woke up in the night with pain and still had pain this morning.

Our daughter and son-in-law took her to Urgent Care to get an opinion before taking her to the ER...they suspected what it might be but didn't want to just go to ER if a doc thought it was nothing...

Urgent Care doc said to go have it checked out...

So, there they sit, GD all hooked up to IV but not in any serious pain, just being tested every which way. But she's a trooper so I know she'll be fine.

However, that being said, she is still my 9 yr. old granddaughter and I'm just asking all my friends here to think good thoughts and send them towards central Indiana... It hasn't been proven to be a surefire way of curing ills but it's a comfort to know people are thinking about her.

Thanks!

beth

2Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Re: Good Thoughts Requested... Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

NormM

NormM

Best wishes for good results with your granddaughter

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Re: Good Thoughts Requested... Sun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Good thoughts for your 'baby' GD......
and Good Thoughts Requested... 3561122519 to you...

4Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Re: Good Thoughts Requested... Sun May 19, 2013 7:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

thanks - I'm sure she'll be fine. I probably won't hear anything until tomorrow.

I told my daughter to only call if there was a problem, she & her husband will be too concerned sitting there to worry about updating the grandparents, etc. Tomorrow is soon enough.

(but my fingers & toes are crossed anyway....lol)

5Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Re: Good Thoughts Requested... Mon May 20, 2013 9:09 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Update:

Granddaughter did end up having surgery to have her appendix removed.

She slept well and had a quiet night.

As soon as she's checked to be sure she can eat and void she'll probably be released to go home this afternoon.

Kids! Scary creatures that just sneak into your life....their problems can hurt your heart more than the physical pain the children are experiencing...Kids! Not for the faint of heart....

Thanks for all the good thoughts ~ I'm sure they assisted in the success of her care.

6Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Re: Good Thoughts Requested... Mon May 20, 2013 9:35 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Good Thoughts Requested... 3561122519

my Dd had the same thing when she about 14 or so.she was up & back to school in a day or so.

7Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Re: Good Thoughts Requested... Mon May 20, 2013 7:21 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

She should be feeling so much better now!!!

Good Thoughts Requested... 940422454

8Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Re: Good Thoughts Requested... Mon May 20, 2013 8:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

She got released to go home late this afternoon...a bit sore and gets a little cranky when it's time for a pain med ~ but she's doing fine.

Mom said it was done laproscopicly (sp?) - in through the belly button and a couple tiny incisions a bit lower. Now she's worried she might end up with an "outie"....OH, NOoooo ~ not that!!

I put a small package of silly stuff in the mail for her. Darn mail ~ it cost more to mail than what I bought!

But, hey, I had to send a little something to help cheer her up.

9Good Thoughts Requested... Empty Re: Good Thoughts Requested... Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Mom said it was done laproscopicly (sp?) - in through the belly button and a couple tiny incisions a bit lower. Now she's worried she might end up with an "outie"....OH, NOoooo ~ not that!!

I had that type of surgery to remove my gallbladder in 1997 or so. Tell her not to worry, as my "innie" never turned into an "outie." I had a good laugh at this, Beth.

Hope she's doing fine now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum