Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 13]

176What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:44 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Don't you just love it when someone tells you they don't like something and then, through experience and love, you create just that thing and they eat it and are amazed at how good it can be? I agree that green peppers are not all that tasty ~ the milder red, yellow or orange are a much better choice. AND they are much prettier, IMO.

Congratulations on the sale! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I know it's been a heavy weight to carry around, wonderin' how to keep it up and all. Good for you!

177What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am

NormM

NormM

Congratulations on the sale!

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

178What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:54 am

Niagara Visitor

Thanks. This neighbour, the BEST neighbour in the Universe (with a very large farm tractor snow blower at the ready in winter) also at first did not want to eat rabbit. Now he loves it, and their son who is the cook in his family cooks it the same way that I do.

Now, to go and tackle my office, got a big bin coming next week for cleanup. I have sooooo much stuff to get rid of, still.

179What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:26 pm

NormM

NormM

It took two + years to sell my little house. I still have boxes of junk I should not have packed and moved.

180What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had a busy day today.
The nurse came for Tina's uncle, then the aide came to shower him. After that, the physical therapist was here to watch him toddle around with his cane, and get up and in a chair. S L O W L Y ...

Tina made Italian wedding soup, and I will have a little of that for supper.
I am envisioning Barbs Spaghetti with the tomatoes, and I have peppers fried and mushrooms.
Maybe a few pieces of hot sausage, and some olive oil, and cheese???
I have canned plum tomatoes in a small can. They are from Walmart, but OMG they are good.
I don't know who cans for their brand name canned goods, but it is top rate. "Great Value" I think is their brand.

We shall see. I know Gabe will have the other half of his salmon he didn't finish yesterday, plus he loves the sweet potato fries baked in the toaster oven.

He did good this morning. His blood sugar test was 103. Tina cut out the Splenda in his coffee, and has him on sweet and low now. He doesn't run to the bathroom as much now.
I don't know, but she read somewhere where Splenda, can cause frequent bowel habits.

He is off it a week or so, and he has better control.

It is very humid here today, and wednesday it's gonna cool down. A cold front is moving down from Canada. Teah! Good Good Good!!

181What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Congrats, Niagara!. A bittersweet time, I'm sure. Hopefully, it will stay a farm. I went back to the dairy farm I worked on in Georgia and it is all houses. The college I worked at for 15 years doesn't have an out building anywhere on campus. Very sad. It took us almost three years to sell our house in Tennessee and now I'm Jimmy's neighbor.
Good luck to you Niagara. I know all will be well.

182What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well.... we finally had DMV pierogies.

DMV?    Tina bought them while in Washington Boro, NJ right next door to the Department of Motor Vehicles office.

They were heavy dough, and the filling potato onion was sticky. The sauerkraut filling was good.
They don't come close to Tina's Home made ones, but we gave them a try.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 6b80cc

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 0282cd

183What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

sounds like there might be a Tina's Pierogi Making Day in the near future at your house, Jimmy.....

You could make up a bunch and freeze 'em in batches so you don't have to have lesser ones on the table.

184What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:sounds like there might be a Tina's Pierogi Making Day in the near future at your house, Jimmy.....

You could make up a bunch and freeze 'em in batches so you don't have to have lesser ones on the table.

Yes! Beth! ....That is exactly what Tina said, as she force spooned little pieces of the potato onion filled in her mouth.
I laughed... Definetely she looked like she didn't want that in her mouth, any more than the man in the moon. hahahaha

We froze a lot last time she made them, but she gave them out to the kids.
I told Tina...That's what the Big Bag of Mrs. "T"s is for. The kids....

185What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Grilledsalmon3_thumb3

186What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, Barb ~ did you invite Uncle Gabe for supper??? Nice sear on that there salmon.

I spent the day finishing up on the laundry and cleaning out the refrigerator. Made small burgers on the grill and fried up some zucchini & onion.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 071614

We're hittin' the road in the morning. Seems strange to just be able to jump in the car whenever and take off. This 'retired' stuff is pretty easy to get use to.

187What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks great.Going away last dinner lol

Jimmy I looked up what you said about splenda  What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 2855670339 What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 652761166 I have used that rot for years & years & years.Sweet & low is worse.
I am going to have to go to Stevia.I just threw out all my SF stuff. All of it made with splenda.Now what??????Ice cream syrup jello I mean so much stuff uses it. What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 1562938848 

188What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Looks great.Going away last dinner lol

Jimmy I looked up what you said about splenda  What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 2855670339 What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 652761166 I have used that rot for years & years & years.Sweet & low is worse.
I am going to have to go to Stevia.I just threw out all my SF stuff. All of it made with splenda.Now what??????Ice cream syrup jello I mean so much stuff uses it. What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 1562938848 

Yeah, its in everything. He likes that jello sugar free, but TTina has been giving him a dixi cup with chocolate ice cream. Only if his numbers are low.

189What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Gee, Barb ~ did you invite Uncle Gabe for supper???  Nice sear on that there salmon.

I spent the day finishing up on the laundry and cleaning out the refrigerator.  Made small burgers on the grill and fried up some zucchini & onion.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 071614

We're hittin' the road in the morning.  Seems strange to just be able to jump in the car whenever and take off.  This 'retired' stuff is pretty easy to get use to.

Oh Boy!... Beth Burgers!...yummy.

Are you gonna pack sandwiches and fried chicken legs for the trip north.
Don't forget to bring your sweaters and a jacket. It's gonna cool down to 40's in some spots north....

BTW.... speaking of travel..did I miss something??? Where is Imelda???

190What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:09 pm

NormM

NormM

I went to the farmers market and one of them had Japanese eggplant so had that, Japanese recipe for fried chicken and Barbara's strawberry cake, except I used pound cake.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 DSCN1554_zpsb7265437

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 DSCN1551_zpsff9a805c

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 DSCN1547_zps374d62ac

191What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was spaghetti and meat sauce for Tina and GABE, and I had grilled hot Italian sausage on hamburger rolls, with a slice of provalone cheese.

Oh geeze!... I ate too much. I'm having a hard time keeping awake. Sleep 

I better go outside and walk a little till this passes.

192What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I went to the farmers market and one of them had Japanese eggplant so had that, Japanese recipe for fried chicken and Barbara's strawberry cake, except I used pound cake.

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 DSCN1554_zpsb7265437

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 DSCN1551_zpsff9a805c

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 DSCN1547_zps374d62ac

Gosh that looks good. The chicken looks crispy enough for me to eat.

193What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:12 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 10502236_10152517271069812_2545705381514195162_n

here is the original from WS.They baked puff pastry.I went another way. As did Norm.. What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 3593629538 

194What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:20 am

Niagara Visitor

Unfortunately, the deal fell through. I surely don't understand how someone can ask for a 30 day closing without having their $$$$ locked up tight. Shocked  However, a showing yesterday and one today, so there's lots of interest. Smile 

I made a potato salad, some for me, some for my sister, and some for a friend. Also a big batch of headcheese which my sister loves, and part of it for a good friend who is legally blind and she and her hubby love my headcheese too. So, I was in a cooking mood, and decided to share! Very Happy 

195What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Out here in CA, agents usually make sure people are pre-qualified for a loan before they even show them houses. Most of the time with the very expensive homes, you can't even look at a home without showing a bank statement. The agents pre-screen you. Make sure you aren't riff-raff just wanting to be a looky-loo or a potential thief.

196What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:07 pm

NormM

NormM

The people who eventually bought my house were pre-approved then the loan company refused to give them final approval after they made an offer and it was accepted.  They went to another loan company and after a couple of weeks, that loan didn't go through either. My agent said they probably would not be able to buy the house. I postponed moving most of my stuff into storage here in KC. I had already bought a home here..pending loan approval. I had been pre approved too but would not have had the money if my house had not sold.  The very last thing I wanted to do was be sitting here with a house full of furniture on closing day.  They finally got a loan from the third bank but I didn't know if I would have the money until just a few days before closing, even that was not completely certain until closing day and I was able to close on the house here.

There was one agent who said she had buyers lined up on two previous occasions,  but had not had them pre-approved and neither of them qualified for a loan.

197What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

and that is why I do not to buy a house. To much stress & hassle. Besides I am to old to mess with it.My DS & friends who live north keep sending me homes for sale ads.  What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 2855670339 

198What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Out here, on many homes there are multiple offers and they pay cash. Anyone who wants to buy with a loan is SOL. And it is usually an immigrant with the cash.

199What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Out here, on many homes there are multiple offers and they pay cash. Anyone who wants to buy with a loan is SOL. And it is usually an immigrant with the cash.

Where the heck do they get money like that???? Makes one wonder!

200What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 8 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Where the heck do they get money like that???? Makes one wonder!

well I can tell you those Asian nail salon owners hoard the cash & they have loads of money.They get all sorts of free loans & other freebies.Then they live high on the hog..with under the table cash.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum