Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 13]

201What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

The Hispanics have a similar method. They work under the table, get paid in cash or go to one of those check cashing places. Then they work the system and get free healthcare, cheap housing, food stamps etc. They keep their cash in their homes. When they get enough money they buy a home in Mexico with a pool, rent it out and get more money so they can buy another home in Mexico. I know this because one of the aides that took care of my mother told me. She owned two homes with pools in Mexico. Another way is that all the members of a family work and pool their cash and buy a house. We have a lot of homes with huge extended families living together. Many get very low interest loans from their native countries and get it in cash and buy here. Some families just work their rear ends off and scrape and save.

202What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:The Hispanics have a similar method. They work under the table, get paid in cash or go to one of those check cashing places. Then they work the system and get free healthcare, cheap housing, food stamps etc. They keep their cash in their homes. When they get enough money they buy a home in Mexico with a pool, rent it out and get more money so they can buy another home in Mexico. I know this because one of the aides that took care of my mother told me. She owned two homes with pools in Mexico. Another way is that all the members of a family work and pool their cash and buy a house. We have a lot of homes with huge extended families living together. Many get very low interest loans from their native countries and get it in cash and buy here. Some families just work their rear ends off and scrape and save.

That's how they do it here! Two or three families will rent a house, and work for 5 years to save money enough to then Buy a house. Then they send for their relatives / family from foreign places, and they work and support the house, until then, a new house is obtained, and the cycle begins all over again.
Like you said, and during that time, they get all the services for free by using the system.

One or a few, will become the leader, and become a citizen, and reap the profits as being the Czar and receives payments from the "green horns" to stay within the realm of the Czars control.

203What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We have a "food block", as far as what to have for supper....

Tina mentioned Chinese...but we just had it the other day. nyet!

204What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Shrimp rolls tonight.

205What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper is settled for tonight.

Tina and Gabe want pizza take-out.
I won't argue that decision.....

We found this new place.."Bella Pizza" ... just outside of town, and they make only a thin crust pie. It's good, and they use a great cheese blend, but one 16 inch pie will not feed three people; because it is so thin. The outside rim crust is thin also.

So, no big deal. We'll get two pies, one just plain cheese for the candy @$$ uncle and, the other with pepperoni and sausage.
I am sure Tina will get a side order of meatballs too! She is a meatball freak.

206What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We can't eat anything in my house until my DH comes home and removes a decomposing rat in the attic that has started to stink up the house.

207What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 10271621_10202050425893205_3341022623389282658_n

208What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I put one teas of sugar in my coffee this morning.The same amount as I did with splenda.It was like I put no sugar in it.I really really really wanted a root beer float... Sad Sad Sad Sad No 

209What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:We can't eat anything in my house until my DH comes home and removes a decomposing rat in the attic that has started to stink up the house.

Spray it with alcohol first. Use a shovel to scoop it in a plastic baggie.

I was crawling under my back porch the other day, and with my double vision still, I don't see to well.
I was wondering why so many fly's were buzzing around.
I thought I was stepping on some leaves....NOPE!... It was a possum.
d e a d ....

210What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What the hell are you crawling under the porch for.???

211What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What the hell are you crawling under the porch for.???

I was gonna say tomorrows supper...haaaaaa
but I was looking for a special hose wand for the pressure washer.
DD said she thought she saw it under there.... lol! 

212What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

DD said she
thought she saw it under there..

lol you should have made her get under there.

213What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:DD said she
thought she saw it under there..

lol you should have made her get under there.

She's 36 years old, but she still looks for stuff like a kid.
You know how kids look!... It could be in front of their face, and they just can't see it.

Like my mom would say...look look....see see...right there. If it had teeth, it would bite you!!!!

214What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:00 am

Niagara Visitor

Crawling under the porch????????????? My son had a lovely house, lovely wooden deck (not porch) by the back door to their yard. One winter, the laundry room started to have a strange smell. Generally it was evident when the clothes dryer had been used. Eventually DIL said "Gees, it smells like something died in the dryer". Dryer vent exited under the deck. Son went to the deck, ripped up a couple of boards, and there, lo and behold were the remains of a raccoon that had crawled under there and obviously died. It is Canada, he froze, then defrosted and decomposed for lord only knows how long.

As you can imagine, deck was ripped off, a gorgeous natural stone terrace installed. Son said that $#@&^%* critter cost me $10,000!

And, since this is a food chatter site, the 'coon was probably also hungry.

215What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:Crawling under the porch????????????? My son had a lovely house, lovely wooden deck (not porch) by the back door to their yard.  One winter, the laundry room started to have a strange smell.  Generally it was evident when the clothes dryer had been used.  Eventually DIL said "Gees, it smells like something died in the dryer".  Dryer vent exited under the deck. Son went to the deck, ripped up a couple of boards, and there, lo and behold were the remains of a raccoon that had crawled under there and obviously died.  It is Canada, he froze, then defrosted and decomposed for lord only knows how long.

As you can imagine, deck was ripped off, a gorgeous natural stone terrace installed.  Son said that $#@&^%* critter cost me $10,000!

And, since this is a food chatter site, the 'coon was probably also hungry.

He must have been so fat, he got stuck under there.... haaaaaa

216What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper tonight is gonna be sammiches....

Tina picked up a load of cold cuts and cheese....and we have lots of tomatoes and lettuce.

It's nice and cool today ( thanks to the Canada cool air flow into the area ); so the appetites are looking good.

217What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Edenbday10

218What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Edenbday10

??? tuna salad ???.... ??? chicken salad ??? Laughing 

219What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

chicken & every thing in the veggie drawer.lol

220What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:chicken & every thing in the veggie drawer.lol

Ahhhhhh!! Great looking.

Gonna go make myself a sandwich. Thinking roast beef / onion / lettuce / tomato / and gobs of mayo.

Uncle Gabe had a ham sandwich on whole wheat with cheese and mustard. He cannot eat mayo. The oil makes him sick to the stomach!

Tina had a small cup of spaghetti... so far. She'll grab something later, or I can make her a griddled cheese and tomato later.  bounce 

221What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am making a French potato, tuna & other great stuff salad. Ghezz it is a process. But it will be worth it.

222What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 49e880c649afff42974981df71a7eadb

Looks like stuffed peppers too. cheers  tomorrow.
I bought wings but will hold off on them.

223What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Provencalpotato6_thumb4

Provencal potato salad. With Italian Tuna & green beans.

224What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Niagara Visitor

I went to my sister and brother-in-law's house today. His birthday. Ken is from Trinidad, so he cooked Trinidadian chicken rice and peas. It was the first time I have had the chance to meet some of his family. Food was great, so was the company. Next year he turns 80, there will be another get together! Yummmy!

225What is for Dinner this JULY. - Page 9 Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Niagara Visitor wrote:I went to my sister and brother-in-law's house today.  His birthday.  Ken is from Trinidad, so he cooked Trinidadian chicken rice and peas.  It was the first time I have had the chance to meet some of his family.  Food was great, so was the company.  Next year he turns 80, there will be another get together!  Yummmy!

Sounds like it was a very enjoyable time Lore.

God bless and happy birthday to Ken.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum