Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 3561122519 Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 911454047 Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 3602300868  right back to you

52Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:53 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OK... It's 12:30 this Monday morning.
I just had a snack of a small 1/2 sandwich of roast beef and mayo.
Had some cole slaw.... and my mind is far away from thinking of food.

ONLY.... Tomorrow for breakfast, I want an egg omelet, with green onions / swiss cheese / ham / and tomatoes.
Just thinking of it now, is a clue that I am slightly wishing I had one in the mid morning.
I know, after waking, there will be part of me that has a pain or a crook, and I won't feel like making the omelet. Omelets done right and to MY perfection take time.

SOooooo! I am going to make it now, in a little bit. I'll wrap it in foil, and tomorrow when I'm ready for it, I could just stick it in the toaster oven to warm it up. Easy; No fuss, and no kitty's crying while I cut the ham. Tina feeds them early AM, but one especially likes ham. And then I have to smash it with a fork so it shreds, God forbid that she would have to chew. LOL... And we continue to spoil the heck out of them. Like we did our kids.

53Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:33 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OKAY.... Omelets are done. Tina smelled it cooking, and put her order in for one for tomorrow too!

Only difference in mine, is I like a tsp. of flour and water mixed in with the egg scramble.
It puffs up the eggs, and the eggs brown a tad bit.
Tina does not like her eggs browned.

54Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

remember zucchini patties I made the other day? today I made some burger of them

zucchini burger

Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 72-1

Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 71-1

55Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:41 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:remember zucchini patties I made the other day? today I made some burger of them

zucchini burger

Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 72-1

Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 71-1

Looks great Imelda...
Poor Dirk, when he bites into that, he will paint his face with the (looks like mayonaise) lettuce leaf. hahahahaha....

I do that when I eat lettuce with dressing. Even a salad. Tina says I need to cut the greens small so they fit my mouth, and not wet my face with dressing! LOL

56Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

right Smile I always give him a napkin with the meal.. so he knows what to do with it  Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 1838020472 

57Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:09 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks really tasty, Imelda. It's so great to see your pics here again!

This morning I made a huge batch of French toast for the children ~ some for this morning and the rest of the two loaves of Pepperidge Farms Cinnamon Swirl bread got used and cooled on a rack so it could go into the freezer.

Now, since school starts August 4th (YIPES! that's SO soon!) there will be an easy breakfast to heat in the toaster oven.

58Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm, I just thought about how I make my breakfast oatmeal….takes 3 minutes and uses regular old fashioned rolled oats, not the instant or quick cook kind.

I use a Corning individual casserole size dish, and I put just a bit of butter all around the inside lip of the dish with a knife. That helps keep the bubbling cereal from boiling over in the microwave.  Then a couple handfuls of dry oats, a pinch of salt, about a tablespoon of brown sugar.  Then I go to the faucet and add enough water to cover.  After a couple times of making it you'll become a pro as to knowing just how much to add….I don't measure so it's kind of difficult to explain to anyone who doesn't like to be creative in the kitchen.

Then, into the microwave on high for 3 minutes.  That's it.

IF it bubbles over and makes a huge mess, well, then you know you made too much for the dish.  If it's too dry, you'll know next time to add more water (or vice versa).  

When it's done cooking I just give it a good stir and put it in my bowl and add a splash of milk.  

Good stuff ~ so, SO much better than the fake flavors in the packaged instant oatmeal.

Oh, you can also top it with dried fruit and nuts for a special treat.  I like dried cherries and toasted pecans or almonds.

59Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:07 pm

NormM

NormM

Beth, I tried your method just now and was surprised how good it tasted. I need to work with the amount of liquid though. What I made wasn't cooked completely. I think I'll do it again and put it in the fridge to add milk and reheat tomorrow.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

60Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina makes the oatmeal like the one time, we were having breakfast at "Bird In Hand" restaurant in Bird In Hand...... Pa.

The woman waitress told Tina not to cook and stir it. The chef just followed the recipe for the amount of water to oats ratio, and just add 1/4 cup more water say for a single batch. Bring the water to a boil, then add the oats and stir....cover, and let sit on the stove top with no heat.
In 15 / 20 minutes.....the oats are perfectly cooked. Not pasty and mushy.

I don't know how it tastes, but Tina adds a pat of butter, and a sprinkle of sugar, and said it is awesome.

I eat the oatmeal cold in a bowl with milk just enough to wet the oats. I add Karo drizzled lightly sometimes to sweeten. Like a Tbs.

61Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 pm

NormM

NormM

I'll experiment with those methods.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

62Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 Empty Re: Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yikes July already. Lunch & Breakfast - Page 3 521543_313095025438739_1380017266_n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum