Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!"

+4
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

51"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 6:29 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ah, but the smile on son Jimmy's face at a birthday meal in HIS honor at HIS favorite restaurant ~ PRICELESS.

Amazing how, no matter how old, they're still our kids and we don't blink on doing that stuff. Now, if it's for us, well, let's just say, the choice for birthday meal woulda been the pizza at home.

52"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 12:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Ah, but the smile on son Jimmy's face at a birthday meal in HIS honor at HIS favorite restaurant ~ PRICELESS.

Amazing how, no matter how old, they're still our kids and we don't blink on doing that stuff.  Now, if it's for us, well, let's just say, the choice for birthday meal woulda been the pizza at home.

Yeah! That was the main thing.
He was happy as a Kid getting a new Tonka Truck! hahahahaha

One thing I must say, Is they have some fabulous desserts.
The strawberry shortcake was awesome...

He was happy....It was worth every penny......

53"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 12:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

"Happy Mother's Day" to all the great moms out there.....

God Bless.... and Have a Nice Day....

Sorry to put this here, but I figured it is a frequented thread that everyone looks at....

54"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 12:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

"Mommy's Day Up on the Farm!"

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Ea5gr

Maria just sent me this of her piggy's.
Awwww...so comfy !!
 pig bounce 

55"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 1:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:[b]Maria just sent me this of her piggy's.
Awwww...so comfy !![/font">
 pig bounce 

Yeah, it's all cute and cuddly until Momma eats a couple of those babies.....

56"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:"Happy Mother's Day" to all the great moms out there.....

God Bless.... and Have a Nice Day....

Sorry to put this here, but I figured it is a frequented thread that everyone looks at....

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 2737772972 Jimmy.

I posted early this morning.But I removed it. My DS sent me a card with so many pics of me when I was younger. I laughed at the hair do dos.he got tons of pics from albums from his Dad.I tried & tried to get it to post but it would not.

It is only 12:30 & I already spent the mojo he sent me  "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 2790317363 Trip to Tj Maxx & Pier One & Marshalls.
Passed by IHOP OMG lined up 50 deep.I would not even eat in that place much less wait in a line.

I know one thing ... I will eat in no restaurant today.. "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 1838020472 

57"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 7:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Too hot to grill out today.....geesh, I think Barb sent 'her' weather my way.

So, an easy one on the table:

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 051114

58"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Searedsalmon7_thumb3

Seared Salmon, with shallot lemon butter.. Side of Orzo Greek salad.

59"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Shrimp on the Barbie with grilled artichokes and a Caesar salad.

60"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 10:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Searedsalmon7_thumb3

Seared Salmon, with shallot lemon butter.. Side of Orzo Greek salad.

Looks Great Barb...

I had a seared "Bologna Sandwich Today!" LOL...

Well, actually I did have a bologna on Italian Bread with hot mustard....but that was after I had a couple Manicotti that my DIL made. She even made the shells from scratch.
I called her, and told her she's got the job making them for this Thanksgiving. We normally have them as a pre- sit down before the Turkey.
Geeze..."nothing like pushing Thanksgiving so soon, huh?"

61"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Sun May 11, 2014 10:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Too hot to grill out today.....geesh, I think Barb sent 'her' weather my way.

So, an easy one on the table:

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 051114

Ummm! Beth...now ya got me thinking!
Tomorrow would be perfect for Taco's! Haven't had tacos in months. No 

62"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Mon May 12, 2014 3:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Shrimp on the Barbie with grilled artichokes and a Caesar salad.

Shrimp is putting some heavy happy hungry thoughts in my mind!
Geepers....I'm acting like a kid putting out my hand to grab; while I scream in a temper tantrum mood, and saying, " I WANT That!" bounce 

63"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Mon May 12, 2014 8:28 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 387840482 90`+ for days now on.Then it will get better 90` to 100`

Slow cooker recipes are due.Any grilling is out,except maybe for a slap down turn over very quick something.
Stove top grilling..Stove top cooking in general.

I may have leftover salmon with orzo or a fruit salsa.Love fruit salsa..makes a great add on to so many things.

Salads sound good. Tacos sound real good. cheers 

64"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Mon May 12, 2014 10:36 am

NormM

NormM

Cassie said she had never heard of drop dumplings before she I made them with chicken.  She only knew about the noodle-like kind.  She left for work yesterday around 8 so I thought she'd be home for dinner. It turns out she worked a 15 hour day and I was in bed before she got home. I don't know if she liked them or not but Charlie said they were good.  We had it with corn muffins.

I made it with a stewing hen I got at the Asian market.  It was a skinny old chicken with the head and feet still attached. I also had an extra couple pints of chicken stock.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

65"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Mon May 12, 2014 10:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

My Mom used to make those flat ones.To much trouble & I like & make the nice big fluffy ones.

66"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Mon May 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Grilledchickenfajitasserved

67"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Mon May 12, 2014 7:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thought of Jimmy when I was frying my chicken cutlets....'get it dry, get it dry, get it dry' kept running through my head. Well, it wasn't exactly dry, but the chicken was cooked completely and the crust was nice and crisp. Then, a splash of sauce, covered with slices of mozzarella (I know ~ too much......but it was good) and into the toaster oven to melt.

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 051214

68"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Mon May 12, 2014 11:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I thought of Jimmy when I was frying my chicken cutlets....'get it dry, get it dry, get it dry' kept running through my head.  Well, it wasn't exactly dry, but the chicken was cooked completely and the crust was nice and crisp.  Then, a splash of sauce, covered with slices of mozzarella (I know ~ too much......but it was good) and into the toaster oven to melt.

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 051214

Beth... Never too much cheese for me.
I will eat chicken cutlets if they are cut thin (like 1/4" thick) for me, and browned well and cooked.
I have to prep the chicken myself. I cut away every little yellow / veins '/ silver skin etc.
Tina does too, but not to the extreme I do.  Rolling Eyes 

69"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Mon May 12, 2014 11:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today we had little Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes dinners.
Tina gets them for 88 cents when on sale.
Not bad. WE had spinach wilted too.

I am going to have a fried in butter, Thomas' Bagel with more cold butter and jelly later.

70"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Tue May 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Mangosalsa8_thumb3

mango avocado salsa with quick saute lemon garlic butter shrimp.To HOT outside..90` ..65% humidity.

71"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Tue May 13, 2014 8:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

it was hot here, today, also. Dane wanted to work on cutting out the bushes again.....hot work.

so, pizza delivery.

72"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

96 degrees at 4PM today. Got a pizza casserole in the oven.

73"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Tue May 13, 2014 11:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

And I was chilly today.
I was under the car repairing the exhaust system hanger brackets and some other under carriage work. The wind was blowing, and it was cool. 63º and partly sunny.
I had nothing to eat all day, and there actually was no time to eat. I had to get done so we could take back the rental car..... I had to do that; because Tina had to run down to her uncles because he was put in rehab to get his strength back...
Yesterday I was toubleshooting the ABS / ASR problem. Finally it was repaired, but it would have been nicer to take it somewhere to let them pinpoint the problem. I just didn't have 290.00 for the diagnostic service at the dealers. Thank God I can read the wiring diagrams and have the tools to test common things.

So, anyway, Tina stopped at a Roy Rogers on the Parkway rest stop service center, and picked us up some roast beef sandwiches, and then some pizza. OOoooooo! It was so good.

Now my body feels like I was beat with a bat. LOL.... I'm not young enough to do all that car work on my back anymore!

Tonight for dessert, I am gonna make a bagel toasted, and then with butter and fresh smuckers seedless raspberry jam, or Smuckers peach preserves.
Brand new jelly .....Tina cleaned out the reefer of those 13 jars of jam and jelly that were like with a few spoons left. That is a big pet peeve of mine.

74"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 14, 2014 7:32 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

96 degrees at 4PM today

I bet if I got one of outside temp things,it would read that on my patio at 4pm.Hot enough out,then to have the hot afternoon sun beating out there too.  Mad 

75"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" Wed May 14, 2014 8:26 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

It is 3:30AM and I am up because we have the Santa Ana winds coming in and my inside doors are swinging open and closed making a racket. I have a window open and the suction is creating a vacuum. I went into the kitchen and peeked out into the backyard and almost had a heart attack because I came face-to-face with my DH in his underwear. The wind got him up too. Shingles from the roof are flying all over the place.
Because of the heat, I think we will have a Cobb salad tonight. It is way too hot for anything else.
My DH will probably imbibe in another frozen rum and punch and start snoring on the couch the minute his head hits the pillow. We have one of those Zoku glasses that make slushes and so we made a drink in it last night. I don't drink but I must say it was pretty tasty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum