Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"MAY...What's Cooking This Month!"

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

251 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Thu May 29, 2014 4:23 pm

bethk

Admin
I've got some vegetables cut and pork ready for a pan of sweet & sour pork. I had a leftover red pepper to use and that's something I have to have in my s&s pork. Dane doesn't like it, but I just put it in last so it's still tender-crisp and he can pick it out. Since it's not cooked in the sauce for long it doesn't break down and bother his stomach.

Jimmy, I'm gettin' hungry for some penne or fat riggitoni.....that sounds good with meatballs and sauce.

252 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Thu May 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:This recipe never gets rock hard. It is very sweet and rich. I usually make a half batch because it isn't the type of ice cream one can eat in large amounts.

Thanks so much, Bug. I presume your post was the entire batch and not the half batch, right? I see it serves 4 but would you know how much the batch is in quarts, would you? The recipe looks like it would make about 1-1/2 quarts but I thought you might know...

Again, many thanks for posting it.

253 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Thu May 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Crybaby

Niagara, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. When I go, I sure hope to go holding Brian's hand. The celebration of life you had for him sounds wonderful.

Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

254 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Thu May 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Barbara101

255 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Thu May 29, 2014 8:01 pm

bethk

Admin

256 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Thu May 29, 2014 9:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

The stir fry looks good Barb.

Did you roast the bird outside on the grill?

We had Hot Dogs for supper. I had a big raisin bran muffin.
You should hear my stomach gurgling and making some wicked noises.

257 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Thu May 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Barbara101

258 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Thu May 29, 2014 11:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina said I better sleep on the porch, and wear two depends just in case I have a accident.

259 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Fri May 30, 2014 8:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Just had beef barley soup that I had in the freezer.
Italian roll and butter......

260 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Fri May 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Barbara101

I ate leftover chicken salad with the BEST ever Italian bread.Hard crusty crust. soft holey inside.I just love    my new grocery store.BOGO today.$5 for both.. I got another loaf of REAL Sourdough from San Francisco..Also got 2 NYS for $4.each.. Pack of 3 shoulder chops for $2.25. lol.

Love shopping there.

261 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Fri May 30, 2014 9:26 pm

bethk

Admin
I had a day of eating out today. Lunch at one of our 'ladies' favorites', The Cotillion Southern Café. I even broke down and bought one of the owner/chef's cookbooks. It's just a great read...

We had supper with friends at an Italian place in one of the town centers. Love when they give you a choice of a full size pasta dish or a half size (which is always enough for me). That way I get to order an appetizer and not feel horribly stuffed. I had stuffed clams and a chicken/vegetable/fettucini. Good stuff.

262 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 12:54 am

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I had a day of eating out today.  Lunch at one of our 'ladies' favorites', The Cotillion Southern Café.  I even broke down and bought one of the owner/chef's cookbooks.  It's just a great read...

We had supper with friends at an Italian place in one of the town centers.  Love when they give you a choice of a full size pasta dish or a half size (which is always enough for me).  That way I get to order an appetizer and not feel horribly stuffed.  I had stuffed clams and a chicken/vegetable/fettucini.  Good stuff.

Nothin worse than bringing home spaghetti and that garlic bread in the take home styrofoam box. The spaghetti gets dry, and the bread gets wet and stcky.

I never had to take home any leftovers. I eat everything! pale 

263 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 12:59 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I ate leftover chicken salad with the BEST ever Italian bread.Hard crusty crust. soft holey inside.I just love    my new grocery store.BOGO today.$5 for both.. I got another loaf of REAL Sourdough from San Francisco..Also got 2 NYS for $4.each.. Pack of 3 shoulder chops for $2.25. lol.

Love shopping there.

Sounds like some great bargain prices Barb!..
It really would be worth just getting the great crusty bread there.

264 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 8:09 am

Barbara101

Sounds like some great bargain prices Barb!..
It really would be worth just getting the great crusty bread there.

Yes & am not supposed to have but very little bread.I will have to wrap it for the freezer.I am planing on finishing up that chicken I made.Then make some pasta ,, have some fresh made garlic bread & that's it..

265 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 am

Barbara101

They had local farm produce too.LOVE that.I got fresh green beans, loads of green zucc squash.sweet peppers.I may make some minestrone soup..
I thought when I bought it,stuffed peppers & stuffed zucci.Still might..?? Gosh I love it when I have all those farm fresh veggies.I got fresh blueberries too. They are nice but not as nice as NJ blueberries.Gosh I miss those..

266 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 10:54 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:They had local farm produce too.LOVE that.I got fresh green beans, loads of green zucc squash.sweet peppers.I may make some minestrone soup..
I thought when I bought it,stuffed peppers & stuffed zucci.Still might..?? Gosh I love it when I have all those farm fresh veggies.I got fresh blueberries too. They are nice but not as nice as NJ blueberries.Gosh I miss those..

Oh! Yeah! Fresh Blueberries! YUM!

Tina just left to go south to see her uncle in Hamilton Twp. NJ ... the blueberry capital where tons are grown there. Frank, the neighbor across from her uncles place, has them at his farm stand. He has the small variety ones too, which we like in blueberry muffins. Really sweet too!... Only problem is, we have to wait till they grow. They won't start to be ready up here till mid July.

DD Maria....has this recipe for a Blueberry tart / tort, whatever. OOOooo! So good. I will cut a slice, and then put fresh extra berries and whipped cream, or ice cream on top.... You probably seen them? The ones you bake in a pie pan, or those fluted pans. Buttery and crunchy.  bounce 

Fresh local grown produce is great too. You might pay a little more, but at least you know it didn't come from some chemical mass produced fields in some foreign country etc.

267 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 11:20 am

Bugster2

Ever had huckleberries?

268 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 12:07 pm

bethk

Admin
Fresh Georgia peaches were available at one of the roadside stands....the kind where someone with a pickup truck pulls in to an abandoned old gas station site and starts sellin' whatever he can make a profit with.  But I could smell peaches when I pulled up and got out of my car so I knew he had the real deal.

He also had some nice looking tomatoes.....but I've got those comin' on like gang busters so they were easy to pass by.

So ~ Dane gets a fresh peach pie.  I was so proud of myself that I remembered to put the pie on a foil lined pan to catch the drips.  Since I just got done finishing up the oven cleaning it would have really made me angry to burn peach juices all over...

I made enough dough for two baby tart shells, one regular size pie shell to use for a banana cream or coconut cream (forgot to use my machete to dock it ~ just used a regular fork....) and a small batch of cinnamon/sugar pie crust 'cookies' ~ the same kind Grandma let me make with the last of the dough when she made pie.  I'd get to mush all the scraps together, roll it out in any shape it went, slather on some butter and sprinkle on the cinnamon/sugar.  Yum!

269 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 1:01 pm

NormM

Last time I was in California, I brought back some huckleberry jam.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

270 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 1:28 pm

Barbara101

Oh that pie....... affraid  

I made one too. Will post later.

271 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 3:27 pm

Bugster2

Oh that pie! Just beautiful!

272 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 3:52 pm

bethk

Admin
 both

273 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 4:56 pm

NormM

Smoked Pork Chops with pineapple salsa, rice and sugar peas.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

274 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 5:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Ummm! Beth, the pie looks great. I love peaches, but I am not a fan of them in a pie. I will eat it, and it's ok, but I like canned or just fresh whole peaches.
Tina loves peach pie.

275 Re: "MAY...What's Cooking This Month!" on Sat May 31, 2014 5:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Norm... wow. Outstanding chops and everything else.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum