Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review!

+3
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's Saturday early AM, and I was watching TV on the couch, and fell asleep sitting up. Darn! Pain in the neck woke me up, so I just finished a Batter for yeast raised waffles for this morning!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Pain in the neck woke me up,

I have one too.cat when she wants to eat or wants out ,,,,, that is it,you might as well get up.

gosh waffles sounds good.I should make some too.December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 3602300868 

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 998519_475875322505931_846537817_n

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:BLT's ALWAYS sound good.  But I'm kind of hungry for those romaine lettuce wrap ones I made when we were "carb free" ~ man, those were so good and I never missed the bread one bit.

(I'm sure it was the Miracle Whip that I slathered on first, for sure!)

Here's a pic of the ones with avocado....so, SO good!

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 052113
beautiful color Beth.. not for me though Laughing  my tummy'd cry for some solid foods like breads Very Happy 

this is my breakfast today.. cream cheese bread with a cup of milk with a bit of coffee, today I added some caramel syrup from Starbucks

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 14-2

bethk

bethk
Admin

You tempt me SO much, Imelda....

You know my big weakness is bread, bread hot from the oven, oh, heck, even a loaf of store bought bread is OK with me....

But there you go, taking a pic so graphic I can smell it...

((sigh))

LisaSD

LisaSD

One of the nice things about recuperating at home is being pampered by my husband.  This zucchini tomato omelet was so good that I almost didn't put down my sourdough toast to take a pic.  Hubby has learned how to make good home fries, too.  Wonder who taught him? December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 IMG_3550_zps216f173e

LisaSD

LisaSD

Also, if you ever come visit San Diego, I can recommend a restaurant called Snooze in an area called Hillcrest. We stopped by here on the way home from the hospital. I couldn't eat much of this mixed Eggs Benedict plate (smoked salmon on polenta on the left and traditional Eggs Benedict on the right) and that is a Cinnamon Roll pancake drizzled with who knows what that was to die for. I was too woozy to enjoy much of it...so I guess I'll have to go back when I'm feeling better and try it again. Ha!
December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 IMG_3539_zps981bfaf4

bethk

bethk
Admin

I hope you're feeling better, Lisa!

And for what it's worth, my advice is to continue to "lay low" whenever your DH is around so he just continues to cook for you. WOW! Nice job.

(last time Dane made me breakfast the home fries were crunchy....like raw potato crunchy, and my eggs were broken and my toast the way HE likes it ~ black)

I'll stay healthy just so I can do the cooking, I guess.

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 Chickensaladsandwichserved

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a biscuit and sausage gravy for my breakfast and then was running around all day with Lyn....went out for a sandwich for lunch & Bill took us out for supper. It's too easy to NOT cook around here.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made some scrambled eggs for my breakfast....just eggs and a piece of toast.

So, here's a quick question for you:

What is the quickest way to stop over-eating at breakfast???

(Scroll down for the answer......)

EGG SHELL IN YOUR SCRAMBLED EGGS ~ ~ ~ Ewwwwww!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I heated a bowl of chili for my lunch and finished off the last of the tortilla chips....now I'm full.

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 Lunch121013

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy made me hungry for hotdogs....

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 112413

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have not even eaten anything today.I had to take Maggie to groomers,stopped at publix to pick up a few things. Boom my back seized up.I had to leave .man I could hardly walk. affraid December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 1562938848 Came home got with the heating pad & took some naproxen.ghezz no standing or cooking or shopping for me. Hopefully I can walk to the small room.Then I have to go pick her up later.I swear what a PIA this getting old is. Everything falls apart.....

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, man, Barb...so sorry for your PITB....

Stay still and hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara wrote:I swear what a PIA this getting old is. Everything falls apart.....

Yep, we all fall apart like a cheap suitcase!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Barbara wrote:I swear what a PIA this getting old is. Everything falls apart.....

Yep, we all fall apart like a cheap suitcase!

OMG... that is so darn funny. I fell off my chair reading that.
Just the other day, I was in the garage, and buried under tons of snit...was a suitcase.
The one zipper was off track...I fixed it, and unzipped it, and again it went off track.
It still had a buckle, so I kept it. As I rolled it, It opened, and the inside was all chewed by a mouse.
I guess they were waiting to go on a trip with Jimmy and Tina. hahahahaha

Bugster2

Bugster2

At least you didn't find the mouse.

I had a rat fly out at me once when I opened a bag of bird seed.  affraid 

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

our brunch today

green chili and tomato quiche.. I used 2 whole eggs with 1 extra egg white, and used 2 slices of bread as the crust, topped with some cheese

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 32-1

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 33

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 0e15c5b8976a2340fba692e736a1f1b0

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 1467345_579062238832408_404521256_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 1472790_667837386571528_37408537_n

Messy but that's what make it good. December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 3593629538 

Crybaby

Crybaby

Crybaby wrote:Yep, we all fall apart like a cheap suitcase!

Uncle Jimmy wrote:OMG... that is so darn funny. I fell off my chair reading that.

Yeah, Jimmy, I cracked up the first time Brian used it on me.  I think it's so funny because it's so visual -- you can actually see someone's overstuffed suitcase busting open.  Nothing funnier than that...

bethk

bethk
Admin

Breakfast today was in shades of yellow & tan.....

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 Brkfst121513

Barbara101

Barbara101

December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 1002040_10201454329862617_901350607_n-1

a start to morning eating.Or just re seasoning my CI skillet.Or making bacon grease. December, 2013 ~ Breakfast & Lunch in review! - Page 2 3267860543 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum