Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

December 2017, What's for Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch??

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Coffee and an onion roll with butter.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Monday 12.04.2017
I made a nice fried egg and hot peppers in oil, on rye toast, and sprinkled with yellow mild cheddar inside. OMGoodness! It was so good.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm trying to ignore the "rye toast" in your post......

I SO want to stop at the restaurant/deli in town that sells the best RYE BREAD.......

I love to toast it, slather on butter and have with a cup of coffee in the morning........only problem is, I have difficulty stopping at one slice. I want at least 2. Or 3.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I'm trying to ignore the "rye toast" in your post......

I SO want to stop at the restaurant/deli in town that sells the best RYE BREAD.......

I love to toast it, slather on butter and have with a cup of coffee in the morning........only problem is, I have difficulty stopping at one slice.  I want at least 2.  Or 3.

My mother used to stop at Wolfgangs bakery, and get a rye with seeds.
We would toast 3 or 4 slices, and quickly butter them so that the butter would belt into the rye slices. Then, we would cut the slices into like 3/4 inch wide strips. We would ( brother and I ) just snack on the strips whilst watching the TV shows.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

For breakfast tomorrow....I am looking at this huge loaf of thick sliced egg bread that Tina bought. I am thinking of French Toast ; but I don't want to start prepping it tomorrow morning with my brain in wake-up mode.
I will make the egg batter, and brush it on the slices, and fry the toast tonight. Tomorrow, all to be done, would be to heat the toast in the pan.
Tina has to watch the baby tomorrow at son Jimmy's house. She is going to make breaded chicken for them.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast was not the french toast.... forgot, Tina was leaving early to watch the baby at his house.
I wasn't making it for just myself....
SOOoooo..... I had (( Thank you Beth for the inspiration )) Toasted rye bread, with Brummel &
Brown spread. It is great tasting.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I went out and removed the tattered canvas patio cover. Came in and was prowling around for lunch when I felt something tickling down my sleeve. I said to Joe "feels like I have a spider down my sleeve". I took a peek and you have never seen someone strip so fast. There was a huge brown spider in my clothes. Joe squashed it. I don't know what it is about a spider on me but it freaks me out. I found the leftover steak from last night and Joe and I sliced it up and ate it for lunch. no bread, just meat with mustard and ketchup.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I went out and removed the tattered canvas patio cover. Came in and was prowling around for lunch when I felt something tickling down my sleeve. I said to Joe "feels like I have a spider down my sleeve". I took a peek and you have never seen someone strip so fast. There was a huge brown spider in my clothes. Joe squashed it. I don't know what it is about a spider on me but it freaks me out. I found the leftover steak from last night and Joe and I sliced it up and ate it for lunch. no bread, just meat with mustard and ketchup.

My daughter loves snakes, ( and has them as pets ) and she likes mice and bees, BUT she will freeze if she sees a spider.....

Bugster2

Bugster2

Spiders don't bother me unless they are on me or in my hair. There is nothing worse than walking into one of those huge webs with an equally huge spider in it.

NormM

NormM

I just checked and brown recluse spiders which are in our area are out of your range. That is one that would freak me out since it is poisonous.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

NormM wrote:I just checked and brown recluse spiders which are in our area are out of your range.  That is one that would freak me out since it is poisonous.

I just saw a program on The Animal Planet where a woman was bit by a brown recluse spider between her breasts. It ended up turning into gangrene and she had a double mastectomy. Those spiders are worse than black widows. My spider was just big and brown, AND ON ME! AYEEEE!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast sausage / egg / and cheese on a soft Thomas' toasted soft bagel.

December 2017, What's for Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch?? Img_0715

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

12.08.2017..... today I made an frittata of grated potato, onion, and fresh tomato; eggs then added cheddar cheese, and formed into like a pancake. It was so good.
Tina even ate some.
She had been eating lately, but the other day, she took her BP medication pill in the AM, and at night time, she coughed up the pill which was stuck in her stomach.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Have Tina coat the pill with some butter. Just enough to make it slick. Or oil.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Have Tina coat the pill with some butter. Just enough to make it slick. Or oil.

I told her to eat it with jelly, or jello.
She took the pill with a dry mouth,, and she is nervous to take it with food.
It says do not take with food. It's a slow release pill. No

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a nice breakfast today. It's a nice raining and lazy day!
Eggs over easy, and bacon that I cooked early morning.
The best part, is that Pillsbury came back producing the little blue tube biscuits.
They come in twin tubes, and 12 in each tube, as opposed to the 10 they came in before.
That makes us happy campers!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had intended to make these when Andrea was here but she said she would make her homemade cinnamon rolls ~ but then was too tired to mix it up Christmas Eve night.  So, since the half package of puff pastry dough was thawed out, I made them this morning.....

Ina's Easy Sticky Buns.  And the name says it all.  They were easy.  They were STICKY.  

They should be renamed Ina's REALLY SWEET Easy Sticky Buns.

December 2017, What's for Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch?? 12_27_10

I kept two for myself (guess who wouldn't touch these with a 10 foot pole?) and the other four will go to a neighbor or two.

And if you decide to give these a try, may I suggest a few things?  #1 - use a non-stick muffin tin  #2 - Completely cover the sheet pan with parchment before baking  #3 - Bake long enough to be sure the center is cooked through  #4 - use a second piece of parchment & sheet pan to 'flip' after a 5-minute wait  #5 - HOT water will get the goo to release from the muffin tin

December 2017, What's for Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch?? 12_27_11

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Ina's Easy Sticky Buns.  And the name says it all.  They were easy.  They were STICKY.  

They should be renamed Ina's REALLY SWEET Easy Sticky Buns.

December 2017, What's for Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch?? 12_27_10

I kept two for myself (guess who wouldn't touch these with a 10 foot pole?) and the other four will go to a neighbor or two.
And if you decide to give these a try, may I suggest a few things?  #1 - use a non-stick muffin tin  #2 - Completely cover the sheet pan with parchment before baking  #3 - Bake long enough to be sure the center is cooked through  #4 - use a second piece of parchment & sheet pan to 'flip' after a 5-minute wait  #5 - HOT water will get the goo to release from the muffin tin

December 2017, What's for Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch?? 12_27_11

Dane must have SOME willpower, alright. I always overindulge during the holidays, within reason of course. I'd have eaten his two and talked you into keeping the others for the next day!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm glad I took the 4 down to Jeannie's......If they had been here all afternoon I would have finished them off!

(And I 'wonder' why I cannot drop any weight????)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today, we had "Alice's Eggs" with toast. for breakfast.

Pureed onion, eggs and a little flour. Fried like crepes and Light and fluffy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum