Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand new Month.. It is August..

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

351Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 15 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:11 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I got to thinking about that silly song....since it was running through my head ALL night, what else was there to think about????  I remember so well playing records, 45's in particular, loudly, as I did my chores on a Saturday morning.  I think that's why everyone else in the house took off, they would go crazy with those songs playing over and over.  Remember leaving the arm up so the same 45 played over and over?  At least with an album there would be different songs, but albums were so much more expensive so there was a huge pile of 45's and I loved to play a song repeatedly, trying to memorize the lyrics.  And considering I cannot carry a tune in a bucket, it was not a pretty sound, for sure!
Had to laugh as I have a very deep voice and am not much of a songstress either. And yes, I'm old enough to remember 45s, albums and 8-track players, especially those in the car!!!

352Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 15 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:18 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:AND she overcooked her pasta. I told her the pasta will continue to get soft from absorbing the dressing. And I think it's best made early in the day or the day before.
I agree! If you take it out a bit early, drain it well and then chill it, it makes for better pasta salad.

353Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 15 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:14 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, I'm looking forward to,seeing the pics of your Indonesian feast!

And how wonderful you have the chance to go visit with your mother. I would imagine she's already anticipating on what to cook for you when you are there. It would be a treat to see pics of some of the street markets where your mom lives. I always love to see anything food related when people travel.

When our DD went to France when she was in high school she took pics of the food they ate and the outdoor markets. Grocery stores and markets are the highlight of any trip I take. Even on our day trip to Tarpon Springs, surrounded by souvenir shops, my favorite was the grocery market with the huge assortment of feta cheese and the bags of dried spices.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum