Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013

+6
UNCLE JIMMY
cookingirl
Crybaby
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

211What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 17742_10151649275480774_29930835_n

Out all day .Made loads of food.yet I am not about to eat mac salad,tator salad,Baked beans( yikes full of nothing but heavy sugar)

so I came home & grilled a big fat rib eye just for ME!!!! What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 1309145179 What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 512660330

212What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 27, 2013 8:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

And so, Barb ~ EVERYONE was a happy camper !!!

Happy Memorial Day !

I did Grilled Wings with some Sweet Baby Ray's, Fried Potatoes and Penzey Seasoned Green Beans ~

Easy and put a smile on Dane's face!

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 052713

213What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nice. I can't get over you only eating 3 wings What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 1838020472

I am a pig I eat a even dozen or more. Embarassed

214What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Nice. I can't get over you only eating 3 wings What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 1838020472

I am a pig I eat a even dozen or more. Embarassed

OK, so here's the secret, Barb....

I take a pic with 4 wings on my plate and don't show the other two on the platter....my usual meal is 6 flapper/tips

Besides, I DID have fried potatoes....and I don't even feel terrible about it.

Dane's so hungry for "real potatoes"....he hasn't cooked any for himself and only had the mashed from KFC (those aren't even real are they???) and the occasional order of fries if he went out. He'll heat/cook with the microwave but, other than eggs on the stove or burgers on the grill, he's NOT much of a cook, even when he's hungry. That's why I had to leave as much in the freezer as I did. Good thing he likes soup! lol

215What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Mon May 27, 2013 9:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

THE MEMORIAL DAY BBQ

I managed to get a few shots of the foods as the crowd devoured the ribs and London Broil... and the usual hot dogs and burgers....

DD made a Blue Color Angel food cake!

I ate a little, and I was feeling a little dizzy today. Vertigo acting up, and when I moved to look down or up or side to side, the room began to spin.

I'm ok now, but it was crazy scary! hahahahaha...

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday001
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday002
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday004
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday005
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday007
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday008
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday009
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday010
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Memorialday011

216What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Norm.. beautiful Lasagna
Beth.. the wings look so good.. I... too.. at least have to eat 4 pairs of wing to satisfy my stomach Wink
Uncle Jimmy.. lot of delicious foods What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 512660330 .. you even have rice too What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 2790317363

Barbara.. I love your steak.. too bad, we don't have rib eye or New York steak on sale here... they have T bone, but it's not my favorite.. I ended up stealing your idea on shrimps kebab
Wink

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 DSCN6043

217What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 2:31 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Norm.. beautiful Lasagna
Beth.. the wings look so good.. I... too.. at least have to eat 4 pairs of wing to satisfy my stomach Wink
Uncle Jimmy.. lot of delicious foods What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 512660330 .. you even have rice too What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 2790317363

Barbara.. I love your steak.. too bad, we don't have rib eye or New York steak on sale here... they have T bone, but it's not my favorite.. I ended up stealing your idea on shrimps kebab
Wink

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 DSCN6043
Great shrimp on skewers Imelda. I see sausage in the background! LOL

Yes! We made rice. Rice we all like with pork. Noodles are ok, but the rice fits for some reason.

My GD likes rice with butter and a little salt. Rice is good, and it does not create gas in the stomach!

218What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 2:36 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 17742_10151649275480774_29930835_n

Out all day .Made loads of food.yet I am not about to eat mac salad,tator salad,Baked beans( yikes full of nothing but heavy sugar)

so I came home & grilled a big fat rib eye just for ME!!!! What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 1309145179 What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 512660330

Nice big steak there Barbara! Wow! Looks so good and tender too!
I like steaks done like that, and then coated with butter. Ummm!

219What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 2:43 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:And so, Barb ~ EVERYONE was a happy camper !!!

Happy Memorial Day !

I did Grilled Wings with some Sweet Baby Ray's, Fried Potatoes and Penzey Seasoned Green Beans ~

Easy and put a smile on Dane's face!

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 052713

The wings would be great for me to eat nice and crispy like that!

Geeze! Have I not said that before??.. What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 2855670339

We like the potatoes crispy and browned like that too!

220What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 7:44 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:Norm.. beautiful Lasagna

Wink

Yum, Imelda ! It's not "stealing"...it's a compliment to see someone else's idea and think, gee, I could do that, too !! I love the idea of the shrimp, vegetables AND sausage...kind of like a surf & turf meal.

221What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 7:51 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:THE MEMORIAL DAY BBQ

I managed to get a few shots of the foods as the crowd devoured the ribs and London Broil... and the usual hot dogs and burgers....

DD made a Blue Color Angel food cake!

I ate a little, and I was feeling a little dizzy today. Vertigo acting up, and when I moved to look down or up or side to side, the room began to spin.

I'm ok now, but it was crazy scary! hahahahaha...

I swear, Jimmy, you must adopt 15 kids for all the food you serve! And I'm really impressed you had grilled vegetables ~ did YOU eat any? (please say you did....)

I don't know if I could manage the blue cake....although, it's a really neat idea if you had strawberries and whipped cream - like a 4th of July cake. Hey, that's something to try....hollow out the blue cake, fill with the Jello/frozen strawberries and then frost all over with Cool Whip. That could be a show stopper for sure!

So sorry your vertigo gave you a scare. I know if I get around really loud noise (like music too loud and sitting by speakers....) I start to get a small case of vertigo. I always ask Dane to get me out of there so it doesn't go into a full-blown, can't walk, listing to the left sort of thing. It always makes me sick to my stomach, too, like I'm sea-sick or something.

222What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 12:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Yeah! The food was tooooooo much! ...
See....the thing is Son Jimmy likes this, and DD Maria likes that, and Mommy likes whatever, and Dad here is satisfied with anything.

Growing up, we had what we called a "Cookout" or a "Weiner Roast!"
It consisted of a wood fire with a steel plate, and we cooked on the firewood.
A Charcoal Grill came later when the $$ money was coming in when dad was working.
When the food was cooked, and there were some charcoal still burning, dad would flood the grill with water from a bucket, and the half burned charcoal bricks were dried out in the sun to re-use at the next BBQ. LOL

Hot Dogs and Burgers....and maybe some potato or macaroni salads.
It was a treat sometimes when Mom would make Pizza. We roasted potatoes in foil, on the hot coals, and sweetcorn was boiled if it was available. There was no such thing as Florida Corn because no one had the money to buy it at the escalated price.

That was it! Ribs BBQ'd were non existing. Grilled veggies either!

I ate the grilled Veggies...and after I ate some ribs and a burger, I felt better upset tummy wise.
That Vertigo comes and goes, and mostly I'm ok unless I look up or turn my head quickly. After I ate, I went next door and helped my neighbor change out a Wheel bearing and hub assembly on his kids VW car, and I felt like I was 40 again. hahahaha

Thankfully the kids took leftovers home. That was a rare thing, but I was glad they did.

I forgot to put out the Sloppy Joe's ( Wimpies) that I made the night before.
They were Good, but something that would be a meal in itself. Well Guess what I will be eating on this nice raining day and tomorrow! And we got lots of hamburger buns.

Tina bought a dozen and a half sweet corn. I told her that No One will want corn after eating what we had on the table. She said No No No...they wll want corn.
HELLOooooooooo!! They sit in the reefer downstairs. No One wanted any either.
Iknow what it is too! Nobody wanted to shuck the corn. Believe me! I know my lazy @$$ Kids! ... I know if I had grabbed and shucked the corn, they would have eaten it! Well Guess What? ... It will be Corn, and Only Corn for supper tomorrow!

Well... Today is Service The A/C Units and get ready for the 90º we are supposed to get on Friday! What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 387840482

223What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Great shrimp on skewers Imelda. I see sausage in the background! LOL

Yes! We made rice. Rice we all like with pork. Noodles are ok, but the rice fits for some reason.

My GD likes rice with butter and a little salt. Rice is good, and it does not create gas in the stomach!

thank you Uncle Jimmy.. I must say, the sausage was the highlight of the kebab, tastier than others.. shrimps was good too, but the cod tasted bland Rolling Eyes

and you are right about the rice.. it heals my gassy stomach.. sometime late at night I had to cook rice because my stomach was growling and bloating, so I needed to eat some rice to make them go away
Laughing

224What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:

Yum, Imelda ! It's not "stealing"...it's a compliment to see someone else's idea and think, gee, I could do that, too !! I love the idea of the shrimp, vegetables AND sausage...kind of like a surf & turf meal.[/quote]

thanks Beth.. now I'm browsing around to "steal" some ideas for my supper meal today.. have no idea yet Idea

225What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Yeah! The food was tooooooo much! ...
See....the thing is Son Jimmy likes this, and DD Maria likes that, and Mommy likes whatever, and Dad here is satisfied with anything.

Growing up, we had what we called a "Cookout" or a "Weiner Roast!"
It consisted of a wood fire with a steel plate, and we cooked on the firewood.
A Charcoal Grill came later when the $$ money was coming in when dad was working.
When the food was cooked, and there were some charcoal still burning, dad would flood the grill with water from a bucket, and the half burned charcoal bricks were dried out in the sun to re-use at the next BBQ. LOL

Hot Dogs and Burgers....and maybe some potato or macaroni salads.
It was a treat sometimes when Mom would make Pizza. We roasted potatoes in foil, on the hot coals, and sweetcorn was boiled if it was available. There was no such thing as Florida Corn because no one had the money to buy it at the escalated price.

That was it! Ribs BBQ'd were non existing. Grilled veggies either!

I ate the grilled Veggies...and after I ate some ribs and a burger, I felt better upset tummy wise.
That Vertigo comes and goes, and mostly I'm ok unless I look up or turn my head quickly. After I ate, I went next door and helped my neighbor change out a Wheel bearing and hub assembly on his kids VW car, and I felt like I was 40 again. hahahaha

Thankfully the kids took leftovers home. That was a rare thing, but I was glad they did.

I forgot to put out the Sloppy Joe's ( Wimpies) that I made the night before.
They were Good, but something that would be a meal in itself. Well Guess what I will be eating on this nice raining day and tomorrow! And we got lots of hamburger buns.

Tina bought a dozen and a half sweet corn. I told her that No One will want corn after eating what we had on the table. She said No No No...they wll want corn.
HELLOooooooooo!! They sit in the reefer downstairs. No One wanted any either.
Iknow what it is too! Nobody wanted to shuck the corn. Believe me! I know my lazy @$$ Kids! ... I know if I had grabbed and shucked the corn, they would have eaten it! Well Guess What? ... It will be Corn, and Only Corn for supper tomorrow!

Well... Today is Service The A/C Units and get ready for the 90º we are supposed to get on Friday! What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 387840482

mmh.. I always like reading your story about your old time Wink I bought some corns too, they were on sale, 6 for 96 cents.. I bought 4 of them, and boiled ( steamed) in microwave.. they were so sweet, I had 2 yesterday, 1 for supper and another one for late night snacks Laughing

226What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 2:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:

mmh.. I always like reading your story about your old time Wink I bought some corns too, they were on sale, 6 for 96 cents.. I bought 4 of them, and boiled ( steamed) in microwave.. they were so sweet, I had 2 yesterday, 1 for supper and another one for late night snacks Laughing

Just Make Sure You Chew The Corn Good! LOL

227What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 60162

steak on salad of course. What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 3326752767

228What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 8:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went out to Ruby Tuesday's for supper....and now I remember why I usually cook at home.

The meal wasn't terrible, but it was not at all superior to what I could have cooked here. But it is nice once in a while to go and be waited on even if you have to send your sub-par steak back and ask for another one.

The steak Barb had on her salad looks 150% better than the one I was served...

229What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 9:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We went out to Ruby Tuesday's for supper....and now I remember why I usually cook at home.

The meal wasn't terrible, but it was not at all superior to what I could have cooked here. But it is nice once in a while to go and be waited on even if you have to send your sub-par steak back and ask for another one.

The steak Barb had on her salad looks 150% better than the one I was served...

Was it all cupped up! LOL... You should have asked if the chef could hammer it so you could at least eat it.
Tina wants me to go to a Tuesdays By Us, but now I have second thoughts!

230What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 9:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 60162

Looks good Barb! Are those Blueberries on top, or Juniper berries?

231What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Tue May 28, 2013 9:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Earlier for Lunch, Tina got a Rueben over at Arby's. I had 1/2 of that.

For supper, I had Two (2) Wimpies (sloppy joes)...

Beans with onion slices as bread! Uh Huh! See! Had enough bread with the burgers.
Tina made a blueberry Cobbler or something like that.
You can see where I was digging at it.

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Wimpies002

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Wimpies004

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Wimpies006

232What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Wed May 29, 2013 7:15 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 60162

Looks good Barb! Are those Blueberries on top, or Juniper berries?

yes blueberries lol & a bit of leftover blu cheese.I don't buy bottles salad dressing but this one looked really good. It is..
bogo thing.. wish bone. something Berry Berry ?
It is so good. I can see it being something to soak wings in or chicken.

233What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Wed May 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Sesamechicken-1

stir fry chicken & broccoli

234What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Wed May 29, 2013 10:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Sesamechicken-1

stir fry chicken & broccoli

Surely looks good Barbara. Here comes a stupid question. Is that Un sweetened coconut on top the chicken?

The Chinese make General Cho's Chicken, and that is sweet with the duck sauce I think. If the chciken is crispy and then coated with that, I will eat it!
They make coconut shrimp too, but I don't like sweet on the shrimp.

I had 6 (s i x ) tacos from the taco bells that Tina picked up for me. I like the soft shell, but they made a mistake and made the hard shells. Grrrrr! I ate them though! hahahahaha

235What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Wed May 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

funny you said that.I am making coconut shrimp in a day or 2.I have a bag of it in the fridge & it needs to be used.
that is sesame seeds.I don't even like them on food,I decided to try it & see if I still don't lol I don't. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum