Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013

+6
UNCLE JIMMY
cookingirl
Crybaby
NormM
Barbara101
bethk
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

251What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:

thanks ya'll.
looking in the fridge at bits of this & that makes a great meal cheers

looks good Barbara.. I'm going to make it too.. someday Wink I still can't find the string yet, maybe I don't know where to look for Question

252What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Thu May 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Today we had a big fat and greasy meals.. I made some eggrolls, and I could not stop munching them.. they were greasy Shocked then for supper I deep fried some pieces of chicken that I marinated with yogurt + coconut powder and my chili paste yesterday, I baked in the oven until they were almost done, yesterday I grilled some pieces in a pan, and today I deep fried some in hot oil.... they were greasy but yummy What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 3593629538

eggroll

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 DSCN6109

grilled chicken

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 DSCN6096

and fried chicken

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 DSCN6118

253What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 12:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Today we had a big fat and greasy meals.. I made some eggrolls, and I could not stop munching them.. they were greasy Shocked then for supper I deep fried some pieces of chicken that I marinated with yogurt + coconut powder and my chili paste yesterday, I baked in the oven until they were almost done, yesterday I grilled some pieces in a pan, and today I deep fried some in hot oil.... they were greasy but yummy What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 3593629538

Greasy is Good Imelda. It makes it easier to swallow the food, and it does not stay in the belly to easy....so it slides through fast, and that is good because it does not make one gain weight!

I am wishing now for some greasy! In particular, we take bread dough, and we fry it.
We put sugar on some, and dip in honey, or powdered sugar.
I like them plain. Also I like to make a pocket in the dough, and add anchiovi's or other kind of fish. Ooooohhhh..SOooooo Gooood!

We just buy the frozen bread doughs "Bigford" I think Tina Buys. We thaw one, and pull pieces of dough and stretch it to be round and flat, and then Tina or I fry it in hot 350ºF oil. Deep Oil. One bread makes about (if I am correct) about 12 to 15 fried dough's!

254What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 12:35 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Egg rolls! Yummy made with just about anything in them. And, well, just about anything fried...

egg roll wrappers wrapped around "stuff" ~ makes everything crunchy and then....then a dipping sauce! YUM!

and Jimmy - balls of the bread dough drizzled with a powdered sugar/honey glaze....hot out of the oil and then drizzled....

darn! I think I just gained 3 pounds just thinking about that stuff!

255What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 12:41 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Egg rolls! Yummy made with just about anything in them. And, well, just about anything fried...

egg roll wrappers wrapped around "stuff" ~ makes everything crunchy and then....then a dipping sauce! YUM!

and Jimmy - balls of the bread dough drizzled with a powdered sugar/honey glaze....hot out of the oil and then drizzled....

darn! I think I just gained 3 pounds just thinking about that stuff!

Yeah! I hear ya! ... I'm food lookin right now, and I'm getting hungry!
I better just have a cup of tea and get the heck to bed.

BTW.... How Did the Chief Electrician and Ventillation Mechanic make out with the ceiling fans install?? Tina is on me to put one in the Living Room.
I told her I would just bring that old pedistal fan up from the cellar, and point it up toward the ceiling. Does the same thing! hahahahahaha What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 1838020472

256What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 12:51 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

He got all four fans installed without so much as one, "OW!" or "DAMIT!" or "Sizzle, Sizzle, Sizzle" as he zaps himself with live wires.....

It's amazing how much moving air helps in keeping it feel much more comfortable even with the a/c turned up to 80°.

We got Hunter fans again - quiet, usually never a problem. Dane said they go together much easier than they use to. The box advertised "Five Minute Fans" ~ and I'd say it took him about 30 minutes total for each fan install....but not a problem. And they're so much less expensive than they use to be. The most expensive one we got was $119. Oh, and all of them had an included light kit so not only did I get ceiling fans, I also got light for the rooms also....they even had light bulbs in the fixtures!

257What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 1:00 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:He got all four fans installed without so much as one, "OW!" or "DAMIT!" or "Sizzle, Sizzle, Sizzle" as he zaps himself with live wires.....

It's amazing how much moving air helps in keeping it feel much more comfortable even with the a/c turned up to 80°.

We got Hunter fans again - quiet, usually never a problem. Dane said they go together much easier than they use to. The box advertised "Five Minute Fans" ~ and I'd say it took him about 30 minutes total for each fan install....but not a problem. And they're so much less expensive than they use to be. The most expensive one we got was $119. Oh, and all of them had an included light kit so not only did I get ceiling fans, I also got light for the rooms also....they even had light bulbs in the fixtures!

Awesome! Great Job well done. Yeah...the Hunter Brand is what we bought for the bedrooms. They are a great fan.
We got the light kits too with the fancy little shades, and they come on with the remote controller clicker I call it!
The only thing is...we had to turn the lights off from the chain; because any time there is a power outage or a momentary surge, the lights come on all by their little ole selves. If you are gonna run them while away...make sure your lights don't come on with a power outage. they don't go off either; unless you use the remote. If you have just the pull chain ( better choice) then there is no worry!

258What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 1:28 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Greasy is Good Imelda. It makes it easier to swallow the food, and it does not stay in the belly to easy....so it slides through fast, and that is good because it does not make one gain weight!

I am wishing now for some greasy! In particular, we take bread dough, and we fry it.
We put sugar on some, and dip in honey, or powdered sugar.
I like them plain. Also I like to make a pocket in the dough, and add anchiovi's or other kind of fish. Ooooohhhh..SOooooo Gooood!

We just buy the frozen bread doughs "Bigford" I think Tina Buys. We thaw one, and pull pieces of dough and stretch it to be round and flat, and then Tina or I fry it in hot 350ºF oil. Deep Oil. One bread makes about (if I am correct) about 12 to 15 fried dough's!

Have you ever fried canned biscuit dough.. ooh.. it's so good, sprinkle with powder sugar.. What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 3593629538 it's usually served at Chinese buffet restaurants

259What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 1:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Have you ever fried canned biscuit dough.. ooh.. it's so good, sprinkle with powder sugar.. What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 3593629538 it's usually served at Chinese buffet restaurants [/quote]

Oh! Yes! When we were in the Navy, Tina would buy the Bisquit dough in the can, and we would flatten them out and with the cap from the bottle of Vanilla, Tina would press out a hole, and we fried them in deep oil, and we made doughnuts.

Tina liked the sugar, and I liked them plain. OMG they were gone in no time we ate them with such gusto!

260What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 6:30 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I told her I would just bring that old pedistal fan up from the cellar, and point it up toward the ceiling. Does the same thing! hahahahahaha

I have 2 of them & they both work better then the ceiling fans cheers

I also have those cheap medium size fans from wal mart. Massey.they work so good. I have yet had to turn them up to high.another cheap one that swings back & forth on my office desk.

IF IF IF I stay here I will buy one of those fans with the palm leaf design.Doubt landlord will buy it.he is a great guy but counts his pennies.tightwad.

I want this carpet OUT of here. not happenng..
I want a french door . NOT happening.

I want new kitchen floor. NOT happening.
I want new kitchen counters NOT happening.

I want a patio extended. NOT happening.

I want a spa tub & a stand up shower.SOOOOOOOO NOT happening..

I want a garage. What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 2876911673

so that means I must move to have all that.

My rent is cheap cheap so that is a plus. I like having my yard fenced in. I like having a private drive way.That sums it up ..

oh I also HATE paying for yard service. What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 1450907917

Not a fan of apts.condos either.

261What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 6:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have a Hunter I brought with me when I moved in here.It is over my bed..that thing is great. it has the light kit too but I don't like overhead light so I took the bulbs out.

I also Had to take one of the posts off my bed lol. for the wing span of the fan from hitting it lol so I have a 3 poster bed. tongue

262What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 3:05 pm

JanaAZ

I made the Mediterranean pasta with sausage again yesterday. This time I wrote down the recipe. It's great the day you make it and even better the next day. If you don't have a Sprouts Farmers Market or you can't get the chicken sausage with feta and spinach, just use Italian sausage.

Here's the recipe: http://www.examiner.com/article/try-our-recipe-for-the-best-mediterranean-pasta-with-sausage

I don't know how to post photos here so I hope you can get to the slideshow with photos.

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/preparing-mediterranean-pasta-with-sausage?slide=62606811#main

263What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 3:16 pm

Ceee

Barbara101 wrote:
I want a spa tub & a stand up shower.SOOOOOOOO NOT happening..

You sound like me. I just glance around and can come up with a list that's a mile long.

As far as the spa tub goes, I don't like the things. I'm getting rid of mine when I re-do the bathroom. I read something one time that has stuck in my head forever, and I think about it every time I take a bath. A guy said the jetted tubs were like petri dishes...water never completely drains from the tubes so it just sits in there and grows bacteria affraid .

264What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Ceee

That looks good, Jana. I've been wanting to try that sausage. I can get it at Sam's.

265What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 4:24 pm

JanaAZ

Ceee wrote:That looks good, Jana. I've been wanting to try that sausage. I can get it at Sam's.

I haven't seen it there. I'll have to check it out. the one from Sprouts is fabulous.....

266What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

the pasta looks good Jana What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 3593629538 What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 4137497845

267What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 7:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Sweet-spicy-peach-glazed-salmon-recipe

grilled salmon with peach glaze.

268What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 8:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a Great Supper tonight on the last day of the month!

I made grilled cheese and Tomato (I peel the tomato first so there is no Face Slap or Chin Burn ). I made it in the Pannini machine grill.

I had a nice salad..

The girls..Mommy T and GD had Dominos Pizza.

Dessert will be Oatmeal Cookies that Mommy T made this morning.

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Shadesandsalad015

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Shadesandsalad013

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 2790317363

269What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie is meeting her brother for the first time today. She has been gone since early morning. She called and said she was bringing brisket sandwiches from Rosedale BBQ. Charlie and Cassie like Rosedale. It is a very old and established place. i have never eaten there but I have tasted their sauce. I didn't think much of it but they really like it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

270What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 10:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Everyone's food sounds wonderful. Jana ~ great pics of the progress of the pasta. So many things you can do with those ingredients, switch things out and make it four times a month and never have the "same" thing!

Barb - you know I'm not a salmon lover, BUT .....THAT salmon looks so yummy!

A pannini grill makes such great sandwiches....love to get different kinds of bread and making sandwiches with a nice crunch on both sides at once.

Norm - I hope Cassie had a great time with her brother. That's just surreal to be her age and just meeting him for the first time.

We had friends over for supper - I did a grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli, green beans and sweet corn. I wanted to use up everything in the refrigerator so it didn't go to waste. I don't know if we're leaving tomorrow mid-day or early Sunday morning. I look around and there seems to be an awful lot to take care of before we make an exit. Oh well, it'll all be done, I'm sure.

271What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 11:08 pm

NormM

NormM

Here is a picture of Cassie and her two brothers. The tallest one on the right is the one she just met today.
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 DSCN0583_zpscf3d4e9d

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

272What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Fri May 31, 2013 11:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

May 31st....a red letter day for Cassie and her brothers for sure!

273What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:10 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Barbara101 wrote:What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Sweet-spicy-peach-glazed-salmon-recipe

grilled salmon with peach glaze.

Barb, that looks awesome!!!!
Peach glaze? is it peach preserves adding fresh peaches to it? or am I hallucinating?

Recipe please!! love salmon!!

274What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:12 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

NormM wrote:Here is a picture of Cassie and her two brothers. The tallest one on the right is the one she just met today.
What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 DSCN0583_zpscf3d4e9d

Norm, I am so happy for Cassie!!! so excited for her!!!
I love you

275What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Ceee

Cheater Chow Mein (store bought sauce Laughing ):

What's for dinner? ~ May, 2013 - Page 11 CheaterChowMein

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum